How to spot fake BOON Gloves

Pacquiao

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey I'm thinking of buying a pair of BOON 16oz Sparring gloves and i've read that there has been a lot of fakes. I'm buying from a Canada store and I was just wondering if anyone knows how to spot fakes in BOON gloves or even headgear.

I would post a picture of the gloves thats in the stores, but i dont know how to upload pictures on here, i'm a new user.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I'd say just to be safe order from K-star gear. Especially since Boon has had a lot of inconsistency with their gloves lately and no one has had any problems with K-star. I have not heard of any fake Boons gloves only really bad quality/inconsistent ones

Hey I'm thinking of buying a pair of BOON 16oz Sparring gloves and i've read that there has been a lot of fakes. I'm buying from a Canada store and I was just wondering if anyone knows how to spot fakes in BOON gloves or even headgear.

I would post a picture of the gloves thats in the stores, but i dont know how to upload pictures on here, i'm a new user.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Never heard of fake boon gloves, just boon gloves with poor quality control.

Fake Boon gloves? Wtf? Who would spend his time and money on making fakes of these rather cheap gloves?

so pretty much it'll be safer if i try them on before i buy them. that's good cause it's a local store in this city im buying from.

i've heard there are fakes, especially in Thailand since muay thai equipment is big business there, so i would not be suprised.

I rather doubt anyone would import fake Boon gloves. First of all: merchants who sell Boon equipment (especially in Western countries) usually buy it directly from the manufacturer. I guess a pair of gloves costs them about 20-25 dollars wholesale. It would be a nonsense dealing with fakes.
There are fakes of high end gloves such as Winning... But Boon? It wouldn't worth.
Anyway, you can contact Boon and ask for the distributors details.
http://boonsport.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

I rather doubt anyone would import fake Boon gloves. First of all: merchants who sell Boon equipment (especially in Western countries) usually buy it directly from the manufacturer. I guess a pair of gloves costs them about 20-25 dollars wholesale. It would be a nonsense dealing with fakes.
There are fakes of high end gloves such as Winning... But Boon? It wouldn't worth.
Anyway, you can contact Boon and ask for the distributors details.
http://boonsport.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

Yep thanks for the insight man and i did contact Boon. the only reason why im a little suspicious it may be fake cause there's a lot of other stores in this mall that sells fake stuff i.e clothes, shoes, etc etc. Just wanted to be sure, especially the retail price being $100 a pair. don't want to spend all that doe on a fake.

Yep thanks for the insight man and i did contact Boon. the only reason why im a little suspicious it may be fake cause there's a lot of other stores in this mall that sells fake stuff i.e clothes, shoes, etc etc. Just wanted to be sure, especially the retail price being $100 a pair. don't want to spend all that doe on a fake.

Most welcome mate.
But to be honest if they retail for $100 I would choose another brand... Boon gloves are difinitely not bad and they look rather good... But 100 bucks is a real overkill for them.

By the way, as for Boon gloves in Europe - I recently found out distributor in Poland has excellent prices (better than if ordering from muaythai fighting).
I haven't bought from him yet, but I probably will.
Anyway, I am not trying to do any promotion, so you can find him among distributors on boonsport official site http://boonsport.com/content/view/16/48/.

^
cheaper than the store u want to get them from.

i ordered from muay-thai fighting. i got a pair of defects...different sizes, flimsy, bad qc. however, they promptly refunded me because of this and didn't even ask me to ship them back.

there are a couple other people here who mentioned the bad quality of boons as of late...i'd hold off on them until they get better qc

Such a shame they have the QC issues, as when you get a good pair they are amazing

cheaper than the store u want to get them from

Somebody has huge troubles with arithmetic :)

So a bit of simple math :)

Ordering 10 oz. Boon velcro from https://www.muaythai-fighting.com
1) Gloves cost 43.95 dollars. Plus the cheapest shipping 26 dollars. 69.95 total. Plus VAT (depends on particular country - in the country I live it's 20 percent, in Germany 19, in Belgium 21, so lets count 20 percent). So 84 dollars total plus WAITING (this cheaper shipping isn't FEDEX so it takes up to 3 weeks).

Now ordering the same gloves from the place I mentioned.
2) Gloves cost 53.70 dollars. Shipping costs 12.25 dollars. Plus about 2.50 dollars paypal fees. 68.50 dollars total. Let we say 70 dollars. No more VAT, duties or anything in the EU.

So 15 dollars CHEAPER, not 30-40 dollars more expensive. Absolutely opposite.
Very easy arithmetic, isn't it?:cool:

Sorry, I really didn't want to do any promotion, but I had to react on this absurd rubbish you guys are telling. But I guess you are just kidding, aren't you?

Last edited:

1) Gloves cost 43.95 dollars. Plus the cheapest shipping 26 dollars. 69.95 total. Plus VAT (depends on particular country - in the country I live it's 20 percent, in Germany 19, in Belgium 21, so lets count 20 percent). So 84 dollars total plus WAITING (this cheaper shipping isn't FEDEX so it takes up to 3 weeks).

2) Gloves cost 53.70 dollars. Shipping costs 12.25 dollars. Plus about 2.50 dollars paypal fees. 68.50 dollars total. Let we say 70 dollars. No more VAT, duties or anything in the EU.

Sorry, I really didn't want to do any promotion, but I had to react on this absurd rubbish you guys are telling. But I guess you are just kidding, aren't you?

I was thinking about ordering online, but for gloves, i like to try them on first before buying. and plus, im from Canada and I have ordered a few things from different companies and the duties, shipping (UPS and FedEx...horrible!!!) and the costs almost doubled what the product price was when it all added up, so i have that fear ordering online.

I was thinking about ordering online, but for gloves, i like to try them on first before buying. and plus, im from Canada and I have ordered a few things from different companies and the duties, shipping (UPS and FedEx...horrible!!!) and the costs almost doubled what the product price was when it all added up, so i have that fear ordering online.

Absolutely agree. If ordering online at all then at least it should be in the home country - so the shipping isn't high and no VAT and duties and (worst case scenario) you can easily return it for the full refund (and not without VAT and duties like when returning to abroad).

Of course there some exceptions like Winning or some Mexican brands...

I don't know where you live but I am in the uk and importing individual pairs gloves I have never been charged any vat\duty on them. I was working on 43.95 + c20-25 shipping as I wasn't sure where you lived. I was only talking vs the $100 price that was quoted earlier for the shop direct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back