How would Jon Jones vs Magomed Ankalaev have played out?

jones

jones beats any version of glover and jan pretty easy. ankalaev's grappling looked pretty mediocre. if islam had any of those positions on the ground the fight would have been a wrap.

Jones beats him with ease. Oblique kicks him into oblivion then once he starts limping jon wouldnt let him off the hook.

Jones would have starched him, even the Jones who lost to Reyes and Santos would have beaten him. Where would Ankalaev have an advantage?

Do you even watch fights or just read fighters record on Sherdog?
Without the juice JJ was no better than any other top 5 lhw.
All that “he was juiced” talk to discredit jones. It’s not like other people weren’t juiced too pre usada. It cancels out. A juiced guy vs a juiced guy is fair n square. Jon’s pre usada opponents were probably on something too. Nate diaz even provided eyewitnesses testimony that everybody is on steroids

Last edited:
Can u please not talk about a roid repeated cheater vs some real men fighters it’s like comparing me a natural bodybuilder to Arnold or Ron Coleman it’s just not fair

Reactions: TR1
The myth of 'whenever he wants by whatever he wants' Jon Jones rolls on. Did you not all watch him vs Santos, Smith and Reyes?

We've seen post USADA Ankalaev and post USADA Jones, so maybe that's the matchup that we should be discussing.

We've seen post USADA Ankalaev and post USADA Jones, so maybe that's the matchup that we should be discussing.
Ya we did… we saw the post usada ankalaev go to a boring draw with a mid 40s year old

Ya we did… we saw the post usada ankalaev go to a boring draw with a mid 40s year old

...meanwhile, since 2016, Jones has consistently put on unimpressive, boring fights, including the one vs Reyes, which he arguably lost. Since popping, the only fight he has looked good in was against Gus.

...meanwhile, since 2016, Jones has consistently put on unimpressive, boring fights, including the one vs Reyes, which he arguably lost. Since popping, the only fight he has looked good in was against Gus.
None of that indicates jon would lose to people like ank. He would probably put on boring close decisions against the current single digit ranked. All these current ranked LHWed look just as unimpressive as jon… but it’s jon so I’d pick him to still beat them all, unimpressively but still get the W.

He won’t demolish n finish them quick like when he was on Uber dick pills but he’d still prolly pitter patter reach bully pot shot decision them. All these guys being finished that Jon could only win decisions against is just a style thing. Jon has never been a 1 shot KO guy even when he was dick pilled to the gills.

He got pre usada finishes through damage accumulation ref stoppages. He’s a play it safe pot shot guy. Shadow realming people with 1 shot has never been in the arsenal of even the most juiciest version of jon. Even the pico kick didn’t get a knockdown, rather it required follow up shots to get the knock down n then some more gnp to finally end it

Last edited:
None of that indicates jon would lose to people like ank. He would probably put on boring close decisions against the current single digit ranked. All these current ranked LHWed look just as unimpressive as jon… but it’s jon so I’d pick him to still beat them all, unimpressively but still get the W.

He won’t demolish n finish them quick like when he was on Uber dick pills but he’d still prolly pitter patter reach bully pot shot decision them. All these guys being finished that Jon could only win decisions against is just a style thing. Jon has never been a 1 shot KO guy even when he was dick pilled to the gills.

He got pre usada finishes through damage accumulation ref stoppages. He’s a play it safe pot shot guy. Shadow realming people with 1 shot has never been in the arsenal of even the most juiciest version of jon. Even the pico kick didn’t get a knockdown, rather it required follow up shots to get the knock down n then some more gnp to finally end it

That's a reasonable opinion. However, I just don't agree that Jon could do what you think he'd do against Ankalaev. He can be boring too, but he is way more dangerous than that last batch of guys that Jon has fought, and that would inhibit what he can do even more. Jones is not the same guy as he was when he was flying under the radar, and it's reflected in everything he does: his cardio is worse, his wrestling dominance is gone and his confidence has shrivelled up - this is why he allowed these mediocre guys like Santos, Smith, OSP and Reyes to make him look bad.

NC because Jon pops.

Hypothetical, but I think this would have been an interesting fight. We've haven't seen Jones against a sambo expert and we haven't seen Ankalaev against a top wrestler. That being said I guess Jones would manage to keep it standing and pick Ankalaev apart on the feet.

Jon doessn't have the finishing threat on the feet these guys do now. Yes he is more technical but he is a point fighter unless he gets someone to the ground.
Jones would not be as successful now. Most of his best wins have gone to MW and the new guys can match him in size. The guy edged Santos and Reyes who can barely score a win now just by not being scared of him.
I think Jan could actually take him out at this point and I don't think Jan is that good.

Jones would have done the same thing to his legs and when Mago tried to change tactics and go to the ground, Jones would out wrestle him and it would end in GNP....
Jon doesn't generate that kind of power when leg kicking, he uses them more to create and keep the fight at his distance and pace

That's a reasonable opinion. However, I just don't agree that Jon could do what you think he'd do against Ankalaev. He can be boring too, but he is way more dangerous than that last batch of guys that Jon has fought, and that would inhibit what he can do even more. Jones is not the same guy as he was when he was flying under the radar, and it's reflected in everything he does: his cardio is worse, his wrestling dominance is gone and his confidence has shrivelled up - this is why he allowed these mediocre guys like Santos, Smith, OSP and Reyes to make him look bad.
I think I would pick jon but just ever so slightly, cause it’s jon…n wouldn’t really be the least bit surprised tho if ankalaev utterly plooked jon within a round.

Jon doessn't have the finishing threat on the feet these guys do now. Yes he is more technical but he is a point fighter unless he gets someone to the ground.
Jones would not be as successful now. Most of his best wins have gone to MW and the new guys can match him in size. The guy edged Santos and Reyes who can barely score a win now just by not being scared of him.
I think Jan could actually take him out at this point and I don't think Jan is that good.
Jon takes Jan down a beats the shit out him, Jon isn't dumb once he felt the power of Jan he'd mix things up out of necessity.

Jones by his usual strategy: eye poke, kick to the knee, run when attacked, grab fence, punch after the bell. Repeat for five rounds.

Jon takes Jan down a beats the shit out him, Jon isn't dumb once he felt the power of Jan he'd mix things up out of necessity.

He could barely wrestle with Reyes and has struggled his last 3 fights with strikers and wrestling.. Jan beats up Jon with leg kicks and basic combos before losing a controversial 48-47 that we all know Jones lost because Joness lands a few kicks to Jan's knees. That's if he even makess it to the fight.

Back