Do you think prime Fedor would have had the same success against Jon Jones competition? And win all those fights?

Do you think Fedor would have had the same success against Jon Jones competition?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously this is all hypothetical scenario.

Say if prime Fedor fought the guys Jon Jones fought in his win streak. Do you think Fedor would have gone through the gauntlet of fighters victorious just like Jones?

I guess you need some luck on your side to get in long run like that. But if someone could do the same results against the same competition. I would think prime Fedor would have the best chance of going through that line of murderers row.

Also if Fedor fought these guys it would be open weight or everyone fight at HW. There is no need to cut weight when every LHW balloons up to 225-230 lbs after. Fedor at his prime weight was about 233 lbs max. So there's really no size advantage for Fedor against these massive LHW.

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort
Chael Sonnen
Alexander Gustafsson 2x
Glover Teixeira
Daniel Cormier 2x
Ovince Saint Preux
Anthony Smith
Thiago Santos
Dominick Reyes
Ciryl Gane

Looking at the competition Jon Jones fought, I think the guy Fedor would have a hard time against is Daniel Cormier. That fight can go either way. Ciryl Gane will also be a tough match-up imo. Also Bader can be bad matchup for even a prime Fedor.

I think Fedor could possibly go through them all and come out the other side.

Thoughts?

Fedor-Emelianenko.jpeg

Hell no. A 206 pound Henderson left Fedor face down ass up.

I don’t think Fedor can get past DC, let alone Jones. He couldn’t even beat Big Foot Silva who in the same tournament got completely washed by DC. This Fedor final fantasy shit gotta stop.

Fedor was the MAN in Pride though. Let’s not drag his name his name in dirt to boast Jones and vice versa because both are legends in their own right.

Last edited:
It's hard to say because Fedor isn't a LHW, Fedor would definitely beat up Gane though.

Assuming Fedor would be faster at LHW with slightly diminished power and durability he would probably dominate most of them.

I think prime Gus and DC would give him the most fits, durable fighters with good boxing and great TDD. Prime Glover would also present some issues, because that guy just doesn't quit (Jon destroyed his eyes and shoulder and he still was game).

fedor would beat all of those LHW's

There aren't many people I'd pick to beat prime fedor.... maybe prime cain, but that's about it for me.

Say if prime Fedor fought the guys Jon Jones fought in his win streak. Do you think Fedor would have gone through the gauntlet of fighters victorious just like Jones?

I guess you need some luck on your side to get in long run like that. But if someone could do the same results against the same competition. I would think prime Fedor would have the best chance of going through that line of murderers row.

Also if Fedor fought these guys it would be open weight or everyone fight at HW. There is no need to cut weight when every LHW balloons up to 225-230 lbs after. Fedor at his prime weight was about 233 lbs max. So there's really no size advantage for Fedor against these massive LHW.

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort
Chael Sonnen
Alexander Gustafsson 2x
Glover Teixeira
Daniel Cormier 2x
Ovince Saint Preux
Anthony Smith
Thiago Santos
Dominick Reyes
Ciryl Gane

Looking at the competition Jon Jones fought, I think the guy Fedor would have a hard time against is Daniel Cormier. That fight can go either way. Ciryl Gane will also be a tough match-up imo. Also Bader can be bad matchup for even a prime Fedor.

Thoughts?

Fedor-Emelianenko.jpeg

DC and Bader are the two tougher fights on that list.

have u seen a prime 32 year old fedor in a drug testing org?
he hates drug testing bro

i dont believe he can dominate the version of the fighters that stipe fought

his best wins where cro cop and nog
lmao at comparing jones and fedor

fighters like gustafson dc and many more would dominate him
stop it

Last edited:

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort
Chael Sonnen
Alexander Gustafsson 2x
Glover Teixeira
Daniel Cormier 2x
Ovince Saint Preux
Anthony Smith
Thiago Santos
Dominick Reyes
Ciryl Gane

Thoughts?

Fedor-Emelianenko.jpeg
I voted most likely since we don't know how Fedor would handle guys with speed. Rashad could have given him trouble as he had speed and power along with top notch wrestling. DC would also be able to hang with Fedor. Prime Ranmpage that was actually focused and in shape???

have u seen a prime 32 year old fedor in a drug testing org?
he hates drug testing bro

i dont believe he can dominate the version of the fighters that stipe fought

his best wins where cro cop and nog
lmao at comparing jones and fedor

fighters like gustafson dc and many more would dominate him
stop it

Gustafsson?

I think he destroys everyone except DC , DC could be trouble

Its not really possible to compare fighters from one generation to another. One reason is MMA has evolved and training methods have evolved. Technique has evolved. So, to compare, all things need to be equal. So if Fedor was born 25 years ago instead of 50 years ago, his training would be different. He would have grown up seeing wrestling create dominant champions and probably used more wrestling than he did. Fedor had the skills to fight any style but his generation did a lot of aggressive striking so he ended up an aggressive striker. I always thought he should abandon that for a more eclectic style but he insisted on doing what he loved to do. If he were 25 now, he'd be a champion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back