Prime GSP vs prime Fedor

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let’s say they fought at 205. Fedor has weighed in as little as 223 lbs, so cutting down to 205 wouldn’t be a problem. GSP when he faced Bisping was 200+ pounds for sure. So weight difference wouldn’t be that big of an issue.

Fedor is 6 foot tall and GSP is 5’11. They both have the same reach. Basically they’re the same the same size, GSP being fit and Fedor carrying excess fat.

AA050027-FA6F-49AD-B8F9-DC64A11035D9.jpeg

Fedor was always an undersized HW who relied on his speed to catch his opponents. While he was fast for an HW, he’s definitely not nearly as fast as prime GSP. GSP’s striking is also more technical and he’s way more responsible defensively than Fedor. GSP also has great distance management, which leads me to think Fedor would have a hard time catching him on the feet.

Although Fedor would probably have a strength advantage, it probably wouldn’t help him to gain a grappling advantage over GSP. Fedor isn’t the guy to blast double legs from a distance and most of time he used trips from the clinch or used their opponents mistakes to take them down. GSP with his excellent distance control would most likely be able to avoid going to the ground with him. Even if Fedor would take him down, it’s unlikely he could submit GSP as Fedor couldn’t even submit CroCop and struggled with Hunt, who had almost zero MMA experience by that time.

The fact that Hendo, who isn’t really bigger than GSP finished Fedor, leads me to think that GSP who’s better than Hendo in almost all aspects of the game would’ve defeated Fedor as well. Most likely a UD for GSP if they ever fought. GSP would keep his distance and jab his face off. Fedor would only have one thing, that he has against all of his opponents- a puncher’s chance.

Great as GSP was as a fighter, I would struggle to justify that he could beat someone that dominated HW when HW actually had great fighters. Regardless of what their actual weights were, we saw them competing multiple weight classes apart, so it is difficult to reason that out based on fight history.

Fedor and GSP the same size?

#1 p4p shertard this guy
They’re basically the same height and have the same reach. Fedor might be 20 lbs heavier, but that’s all fat. And that’s not a big weight for a HW fight.

Hendo isn’t bigger than GSP and he finished Fedor.

One guy tapped to strikes from a manlet, the other got slammed on his neck by a monster and survived…

In primes: Nevermind technique, Fedor could brute force his way to a victory. Power and chin at a higher tier. In Fedor’s twilight, sure. GSP point fighting with speed advantage.

GSP isn’t 5’11”. He’s about an inch taller than Conor—who I think is actually about 5’8+”.

GSP, IMO, didn’t perform optimally at his heaviest (against Bisping). But that could have been rust or any number of things. I think his best weight (in cage) was about 185 lbs—which is a little bigger than most LWs but smaller than many (if not most) modern WWs.

So in reality, there’s closer to 40 lbs between the two. Plus, Fedor’s hand speed is almost just as fast.

Most likely, Prime Fedor either shrugs off a TD or gets up via scrambling anyways. Then, GSP gets KO’d within the first few exchanges—but so would the vast majority of fighters under MW.

1705268120757.jpeg

185lb might be the best catch for them. I don’t like his chances anywhere above that. But @185lb GSP might be able to get into his riddum and blanket gaunt Fedor over the age of 30. Like Jake Shields vs Hendo.

GSP isn’t 5’11”. He’s about an inch taller than Conor—who I think is actually about 5’8+”.

GSP, IMO, didn’t perform optimally at his heaviest (against Bisping). But that could have been rust or any number of things. I think his best weight (in cage) was about 185 lbs—which is a little bigger than most LWs but smaller than many (if not most) modern WWs.

So in reality, there’s closer to 40 lbs between the two. Plus, Fedor’s hand speed is almost just as fast.

Most likely, Prime Fedor either shrugs off a TD or gets up via scrambling anyways. Then, GSP gets KO’d within the first few exchanges—but so would the vast majority of fighters under MW.

View attachment 1023620
Conor is 5’9+, so GSP could easily be 5’11

Let’s say they fought at 205. Fedor has weighed in as little as 223 lbs, so cutting down to 205 wouldn’t be a problem. GSP when he faced Bisping was 200+ pounds for sure. So weight difference wouldn’t be that big of an issue.

Fedor is 6 foot tall and GSP is 5’11. They both have the same reach. Basically they’re the same the same size, GSP being fit and Fedor carrying excess fat.

View attachment 1023617

Fedor was always an undersized HW who relied on his speed to catch his opponents. While he was fast for an HW, he’s definitely not nearly as fast as prime GSP. GSP’s striking is also more technical and he’s way more responsible defensively than Fedor. GSP also has great distance management, which leads me to think Fedor would have a hard time catching him on the feet.

Although Fedor would probably have a strength advantage, it probably wouldn’t help him to gain a grappling advantage over GSP. Fedor isn’t the guy to blast double legs from a distance and most of time he used trips from the clinch or used their opponents mistakes to take them down. GSP with his excellent distance control would most likely be able to avoid going to the ground with him. Even if Fedor would take him down, it’s unlikely he could submit GSP as Fedor couldn’t even submit CroCop and struggled with Hunt, who had almost zero MMA experience by that time.

The fact that Hendo, who isn’t really bigger than GSP finished Fedor, leads me to think that GSP who’s better than Hendo in almost all aspects of the game would’ve defeated Fedor as well. Most likely a UD for GSP if they ever fought. GSP would keep his distance and jab his face off. Fedor would only have one thing, that he has against all of his opponents- a puncher’s chance.

GSP was 191 lbs vs Bisping. They are 2 weight classes apart. Don't judge size by a picture, especially when someone is standing closer to the camera.

View attachment 1023617

Embarrassing post …..If you knew as much as you thought you’d be a ufc matchmaker or some shit

Reactions: TR1
Back