I can't believe that Conor Mcgregor is the favorite against Chandler.

Chandler has rocked his last three opponents, Justin, Dustin, and I believe Olivera as well. The difference is all three were able to recover, I don't have faith that Conor will recover.
Agreed. That dude has been so coked out of his mind for so long all his precision and aiming will be greatly diminished. And the moment he gets hit by Mike he will realize that he's in big, big trouble and will probably try to clinch or take down, and then he's done.

Here's what's going to happen. When he starts his training camp he's going to see marginal improvement. He will misinterpret this as improvement on top of how good he was when he was disciplined and fighting more frequently. So he's going to go into the fight thinking that he's better than ever and he'll get demolished.

UFC 205 McGrecor was incredible to watch. If he had stuck with MMA, gone back down to FW and defended, and stayed away from the stupid Mayweather spectacle he could have been one of the greats. He doesn't even deserve to be in the HOF with this record. He had genuine talent and he wasted it.

In Conor’s heyday this is a perfect match up for him. He made a living off wrestle boxers. Now, it’s hard to imagine he’s going to be remotely the same guy when he was already beginning to decline before his injury. But Chandler fights stupid and has been inactive himself. I don’t think you touch this fight from a betting perspective, too many unknowns with both being out so long.

Chandler is a serious LW regardless of his shortcomings.

Chandler is a sub 50/50 in the UFC.
He's soon to be 38 years old
His best win since he's come to the UFC is Dan Hooker coming off a loss and that was 3 years ago.
He sat on the shelf for 2 years in his late 30s.

You can stop taking him seriously as a LW competitor. I'm not saying Conor beats him, just that there's nothing on Chandler's resume to suggest he's in a better place.

Reactions: lsa
Chandler is a sub 50/50 in the UFC.
He's soon to be 38 years old
His best win since he's come to the UFC is Dan Hooker coming off a loss and that was 3 years ago.
He sat on the shelf for 2 years in his late 30s.

You can stop taking him seriously as a LW competitor. I'm not saying Conor beats him, just that there's nothing on Chandler's resume to suggest he's in a better place.

Yes you're saying stop taking him seriously as a contender for the LW belt. Fine. He doesn't need to be a serious contender for him to be expected to destroy Conor. Win or lose, Chandlers a guy who can fight top guys and not embarass himself. He is currently ranked in the top 10. Conor is not on that level and hasn't been in many years.

Before Chandler Hooker was Dustins best win too and now Dustins fighting for a belt. Hookers ranked 11th. And hes not a contender anymore I jumped off that train awhile ago. But hes not terrible either.

Surprised Wongster isn't in here defending Colin's honor yet. But yeah, he should be UD for sure.

He is currently ranked in the top 10. Conor is not on that level and hasn't been in many years.

Conor shouldn't be... but if the rankings had anything to do with performance, neither should Chandler. I will never understand how a single meaningful win 3 years ago is a top 10 worthy accomplishment.

I will not be betting on this fight. Who the fuck knows what Conor will be showing up. But Chandler is older and shorter, and the explosive movements he relies on are a little harder to maintain with age.

Chandler is the best possible credible named opponent they could give to Conor. He usually has a wide stance that makes him vulnerable. And he really likes to step into his punches. Which means a phenomenal counter puncher like Conor will not only have chances to catch him, but catch him off balance. I can definitely see the fight ending that way.

My best guess is neither of these guys show up looking like their best selves, and that the outcome will boil down to whether it a 3 or 5 round fight, and who is in better shape.

Last edited:
there are just too many unknowns with the matchup

chandler is chinny and fights with low IQ
conor is a shell of his former self.
both guys can crack
both guys have had an extended layoff with losing records in their last 5 fights

but yeah i still don't think the fight happens. conor will probably see the fight is poorly trending in the next month and bail... instead opting to fight holloway at 170 on short notice

If Conor fights Holloway right now he will get prison raped. No- If the Chandler fight does not happen, they will dig up Diaz, Cerrone, or Mas.

Reactions: lsa
There is a 50/50 chance between Chandler winning and Chandler beating himself. No bets I say.

Watching Dustin dominate him in his last fight was just sad. The way he was easily overwhelmed, taken down, and brutally beaten off his back is a horrible sign. We had never seen Conor get outclassed in a matter of 2 minutes like that. And that was Conor in the first round, 3 years younger. Hell Conor in his absolute prime didn't have serious power at LW or WW. He relied on his timing, combinations, and speed. I know some people don't wanna admit this, but Dustin easily won that fight, it was seriously light work.

Chandler at this point is just as fast as Conor, more powerful, a way better wrestler than Dustin, and has fought straight up tougher men than Conor. Conor could land a miracle counter punch or something, but his speed, reaction time, comfort, movement, all of that will be diminished at his age and cage rust. I think Chandler will rock Conor and beat him up in round 1, though I think Conor is tough enough to survive the first round. In the second round Conor will be bruised, tired, carrying a welterweight frame he was never elite at. Chandler will find the shot in round 2 for the KO. Conor is known for his left hand, but his left leg was a consistent secondary weapon that helped him win a lot of fights, now he doesn't even have that to rely on. I've broken my fibula in half and I know your just not the same mentally after that, let alone a fracture of both tibia and fibula.

Conor should be in rehab getting healthy and a clear mind, having him fight in just two months' time is insanity. He was just drugged up on a live interview a couple weeks ago.

Should be easy money, chandler by KO/TKO finish. I've cashed out on each of Conor's last few losses, the fans and hype never fail to make him overvalued.

1713286569288.png

To put this into perspective, a peak 28-year-old Conor was getting ROCKED, BEATEN UP, and CONTROLLED by NATE DIAZ.

He was never very good at this weight class; this is some really easy money to pass up on. I'll be putting down high 3 figures or low 4 figures for this.

Last edited:
Chandler is coming off a big layoff too, ain't a spring chicken anymore, and has been through some of MMA's most grueling wars. Also, he doesn't always fight so smart, gettting reckless.

If he mixes in his wrestling effectively it definitely should be a pretty winnable fight for him though. Conor does look/act like a mess right now, for sure.

Chandler is an entertainer - he could easily take down connor and school him. he probably won't do that and get caught.

Vegas is smarter than us.

They know Conor historically beats smaller opponents and loses to anyone his size. Conor will dwarf Chandler and for that reason alone I personally think he's the favorite. Not to mention Chandler is a reckless fighter and that definitely favors Conor.

Do you know how favorites are dictated inspprts betting? They probably opened at a relative even odd. More money was going on Conor, hence the shift to him as favorite. I think the hunger is gone from Conor. Conor only wants to fight for the glamor. To claim he still has it. It's his Ego.

I'm just saying based on history he has close to 0 chance in a fight that isn't fixed. Reference Anderson, or Weidman. That shit doesn't care if you're famous or not... losing a leg for years is a career ending deal.

Post leg snap

Anderson 1-5 -1nc

Weidman 1-1 (eye poke combo "win")

Conor shouldn't be... but if the rankings had anything to do with performance, neither should Chandler. I will never understand how a single meaningful win 3 years ago is a top 10 worthy accomplishment.

Well I'm not the guy who makes the rankings. Take it up with them(the various UFC owned sock puppets that make up the ranking committee).

Also Chandler is rated 7th not 10. Is him being considered top 10 really wrong?

I get what you are saying but Chandler will be a very old 38 years old when the fight happens and the damage he's gone through is enough for two careers, let alone one. Chandler will have the gas tank but he will want to stand with Conor and that's just dumb.

You mentioned Chandler being on the stuff. Conor will likely be on the stuff too and Conor's stuff will be way better quality than what Chandler can get, but let's be honest. I don't think Chandler cares if he wins or loses. He just wants the biggest payday of his entire career before he rides off into the sunset because he knows he's never going to be a UFC Champion.

All that considered, Conor has been a drug addict for the past two years. Going into a fight with 2.5 months off an addiction, that's huge in my opinion.

Chandler is looking healthy, well trained and in a good headspace.

He's lost some fights recently, but all those guys were elite, he nearly beat some of them until the tides turned. They were very competitive.

who has more cardio at 170? that could be the deciding factor. Chandler usually gassed 1.5 rounds in. I have no idea how Conor will look years after his last fight at 35.

Back