I don’t think Jiri can beat Jan at this point for a very valid reason...

Stopped reading at Jan isn't a skilled champion. Hes just as well rounded as Volkanovski and Yan. Hes also coming off a win against the best kickboxer in MMA atm. Out landing him in some rounds on the feet.

I will not tolorate Jan slander.
There’s a huge difference between isn’t and not the most! So that’s total exaggeration not my Sherbro

Refined and technically sound and more rsik adverse. Question is does that trump the degree of reckless abandon than Jiri brings to the table. At this point I say probably yes.

Even Reyes pretty much had him for the taking last night. Without that guillotine attempt he probably GnP's him for a stoppage and Jiri wouldn't even get a shot at Jan.

The mental edge lol, way too much is made of fighter's mentality

It's about skills mate
Have u ever entered the cage with all ur friends and family and fans watching every move u make? When u do, then return and tell me the mental game is not a huge factor

Yeah this is a weird assessment of Jan that most are running with which is weird. People overlook his skills and that's why him winning surprises people. It's just like when people were over looking Khabib's striking and couldn't see his skills for what they were. Same thing is happening with Jan's skillset.
Reread what I wrote, not the most skilled doesn’t mean not skilled, it just means Jones and DC and someone else is more skilled

Reyes got a takedown on Jiri with relative ease. He is nowhere near as skilled ont he ground as Jan. If Jan wants he takes Jiri down and ground n pounds for 5 rounds . I dont see Jan losing this hypothetical fight wherever it goes.

Jiri has shown more skill in his fight last night than Jan has done in his previous 9 fights.
Jiri should utterly own the fading Blachowicz.

Should be a hell of a fight, but I think Jiri leaves Jan laying in a heap.

The mental edge lol, way too much is made of fighter's mentality

It's about skills mate
both are obviously very important, but mentality is more important than skill. i dont expect you to believe me, but if you look at the true legends, and simply at life in general, it shouldnt be hard to understand this. Theres also the fact that action is a result of will and intention, so...

Jiri is 10 years younger than Jan.

Jan's an old man at 38 years old. He's got old man strength and a solid chin so his fighting style is more like a tank. Jiri is definitely fast enough to stay on the outside and pick his angles. He'd take more risks than Adesanya and it might pay off.
This he could just end up on the right side of a fire fight.

You could of just wrote
“PolishPower”

I hope this Jiri hype continues so I can bet on Han and he wins as an underdog again, last three fights he’s been an outsider and I’ve won every time.

I think the path to victory for Jan in this fight is grappling.

both are obviously very important, but mentality is more important than skill. i dont expect you to believe me, but if you look at the true legends, and simply at life in general, it shouldnt be hard to understand this. Theres also the fact that action is a result of will and intention, so...
Lmao this response is so cringe, there's a mental aspect to it obviously, but the dudes with the best skills win

The GOAT fighters were destroying everyone in the gym too, they weren't great because they had a mental edge or whatever lol

Jiri can fight with his hands up without being careless or reckless. You’re basing his performance 2 out of 30 where he every destroyed Reyes and oezdemeir.

he’s trying to bring some extra style to his American Arrival.

Jan is almost 40. Good things don’t happen to the majority of 40 year old prize fighters. Through the history of fighting.

Lmao this response is so cringe, there's a mental aspect to it obviously, but the dudes with the best skills win

The GOAT fighters were destroying everyone in the gym too, they weren't great because they had a mental edge or whatever lol

that’s not true it goes hand and hand. Anything you do is life is mental. From excercise today work to great loss. It’s mental.

some people don’t respond to adversity like others. And that has nothing to do with physical skills at all.

I would assume you’re young or had no great loss or adversity in life.

just a guess.

edit. I like Rick rude too so you must be old.

He didn't say Jan isn't a skilled champion he said he's not the MOST skilled, and it's true.

Before him there was Jones, DC. Tough shoes to fill.

Even before them there was prime Shogun, Machida, Evans, Jackson. LHW is stacked in the All Time Greats rankings.

While I rag on Jan I will say like Glover he could have been competitive and even another short tenured champ in that LHW golden age if he'd been in the UFC at that time. Wouldn't be the best but he's one of the guys in other promotions who could have challenged the Big 4. His well rounded skill set would go a long way and he'd be the largest of the group. He's kind of like Gus in that way and while he's smaller and has worse grappling that would still be really good. Think he at least could beat Shogun(who I consider the weak link of the 4) who is kind of like a slightly smaller slightly worse Glover IMO.

But when he got to the UFC during the Jones/Gus/DC/Davis/Bader/Glover era Jan was a gatekeeper. Jan rose up when all those guys except Glover left and even with Santos and Corey Anderson the first time was constantly losing to the best guys he fought. Think while we underrated how good he in KSW things had to break his way to be champ in this era like they did for Forrest who was also overshadowed by the Big 4. Jan is going to have at least 1-2 defenses at least as many as the Big 4 but he's still going to be overshadowed by Jones who he did not beat for the belt(though he's benefitting in this way from Jones haters thinking Reyes beat Jones) and the champ who beats him.

and Izzy looked unbeatable

When he lost the first round against Kelvin, or when that welterweight nearly knocked him out in the 4th? Just saving him with a stupid submission attempt.
When he lost to Romero, too afraid to engage and running away?
Or nearly having a draw with Vettori?
Or when he lost a round against Anderson Silva going towards fifty?
Or when he got knocked out in kickboxing?

When did Izzy look unbeatable for you?
Dont make threads

Fun facts on Jiri

Procházka is well-known as a devoted follower of the Bushido principles, the samurai moral values and the Miyamoto Musashi's teachings and philosophy, especially the Musashi's The Book of Five Rings, which Procházka considered as a life-changing book for him.[3][24][14][16][23][42]

He is a supporter of FC Zbrojovka Brno and was involved in organized football hooliganism, including pre-arranged fights, until he started his professional combat sports career.[3][24][86][28]

Besides his native Czech, Procházka is conversational in English (as of his UFC debut) and has a working proficiency in Japanese and German.[23][87][17]

Jan runs right through this youngin and makes it look easy

you don't lead with your chin against guys like Jan

Back