I don't understand people who rank Nogueira above Stipe

Kkenway

#FreeDre
@Yellow
Reaction score
Nog's best wins:
1. Cro Cop
2. Barnett (whom he arguably lost to twice)
3. Green Werdum with no striking
4. Sergei
5. Randy

Stipe:
1. DC
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. Reem
5. JDS

Nog in his absolute prime barely won a highly controversial decision over a Ricco that got KO'd by Sylvia in the UFC a few months previously.

Nog also has 10 losses to Stipe's two, and both of Stipe's losses were preceded by vicious eye pokes that weren't caught by the ref.

Nog is arguably 0-2 against Barnett, as he lost to him the first time and squeaked out another controversial decision in the rematch by lay and pray.

The only close decision of Stipe's career went against him (JDS 1), which was avenged brutally.

Big Nog has 14 top ten wins
Stipe has only 9

It's only one metric but an important one to me and alot of others

Nog's best wins:
1. Cro Cop
2. Barnett (whom he arguably lost to twice)
3. Green Werdum with no striking
4. Sergei
5. Randy

Stipe:
1. DC
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. Reem
5. JDS

Nog in his absolute prime barely won a highly controversial decision over a Ricco that got KO'd by Sylvia in the UFC a few months previously.

Nog also has 10 losses to Stipe's two, and both of Stipe's losses were preceded by vicious eye pokes that weren't caught by the ref.

Nog is arguably 0-2 against Barnett, as he lost to him the first time and squeaked out another controversial decision in the rematch by lay and pray.

The only close decision of Stipe's career went against him (JDS 1), which was avenged brutally.

It's probably because Big Nog has a lot more top 10 wins than Stipe has.

nog got absolutely outclassed by frank mir everywhere
that should tell you all you need to know about nog

So Green Werdum is worse than Zombie JDS and Glass Boy Overeem?

Stipe has only 9

Stipe beat better competition and didn't need any close decisions to do it.

Losses don't matter now?
So Green Werdum is worse than Zombie JDS and Glass Boy Overeem?
"Glass boy Overeem" beat a much better version of Werdum AFTER he got KO'd by Stipe lmao

Funny how you put some context in Nog's wins saying Werdum was green and not in Stipe's wins when you don't mention that he beat an aging and careless Werdum literally running into his punches. And what about JDS who clearly was not the same fighter he used to be.

You just manipulate facts to your advantage

Last edited:
nog got absolutely outclassed by frank mir everywhere
that should tell you all you need to know about nog

First fight he was sick, second fight he completely blasted Mir and the ref kept saying he was hitting the back of the he, he was not, went for a stupid sub and lost

It's probably because Big Nog has a lot more top 10 wins than Stipe has.
Assessing individual wins is better than just counting the number of top 10 wins someone has

Hypothetical: If fighter A has 20 top 10 wins, but 10 losses, is it better than Fighter B who has 15 top 10 wins but 1 loss?
Funny how you put some context in Nog's wins saying Werdum was green and not in Stipe's wins when you don't mention that he beat an aging and careless Werdum literaly running into his punches
Werdum fought that way because he got cracked hard by Stipe prior to the bullrush

Werdum was UFC champion and actually a decent striker when he fought Stipe

Stipe has only 9

Who are the 9 I only see 7? Unless Nelson and Gonzaga were still top 10 at the time.

Stipe beat better competition and didn't need any close decisions to do it.

Losses don't matter now?

"Glass boy Overeem" beat a much better version of Werdum AFTER he got KO'd by Stipe lmao

Better comp is subjective at best.

And the losses at the end of his career don't matter as much to me. Stipe will have them too if he keeps fighting.

Better comp is subjective at best.

And the losses at the end of his career don't matter as much to me. Stipe will have them too if he keeps fighting.
Losses matter regardless of what excuses you want to make for them, plus Nog should've lost a few more decisions when he was younger.

I already charted out their best wins and it is exceedingly obvious that Stipe's are better.

Stipe has only 9

I liked " it's only one metric". " on paper " people expunge too many variables when it comes to mma.

Assessing individual wins is better than just counting the number of top 10 wins someone has

Hypothetical: If fighter A has 20 top 10 wins, but 10 losses, is it better than Fighter B who has 15 top 10 wins but 1 loss?

Werdum fought that way because he got cracked hard by Stipe prior to the bullrush

Werdum was UFC champion and actually a decent striker when he fought Stipe

You're comparing a fighter who is retired to one that isn't. Most of Big Nog's losses were after he was declining. Stipe hasn't fought that long yet but if he does he will lose just as much. Big Nog has significantly more quality wins than Stipe has which is why almost everyone ranks him 2nd all time only behind Fedor.

You're comparing a fighter who is retired to one that isn't. Most of Big Nog's losses were after he was declining. Stipe hasn't fought that long yet. Big Nog has significantly more quality wins than Stipe has which is why almost everyone ranks him 2nd all time only behind Fedor.
Literally no one outside of Sherdog ranks Nog above Stipe, you should get out sometime.

It's Nog's own fault for fighting outside his prime, and he actually has more losses during his prime than Stipe does, despite beating worse competition.

Literally no one outside of Sherdog ranks Nog above Stipe, you should get out sometime.

It's Nog's own fault for fighting outside his prime, and he actually has more losses during his prime than Stipe does, despite beating worse competition.

Anyone who actually followed the sport at the time ranks him higher than Stipe. It's only people that weren't actually watching MMA when Big Nog was at his best that don't rank him higher. Prime Barnett and Fedor are better wins than any Stipe has. And if you want to argue that Nog should have lost fights he won then i'll do the opposite, he shouldn't have lost to Henderson if you actually watched that fight you would know that too.

Anyone who actually followed the sport at the time ranks him higher than Stipe. It's only people that weren't actually watching MMA when Big Nog was at his best that don't rank him higher.
Love how you ignored my point about Nog having more losses in his prime than Stipe, after you claimed he only has 10 losses because he was washed up lol

Back