I don't understand people who rank Nogueira above Stipe

Stipe beat better competition and didn't need any close decisions to do it.

Losses don't matter now?

"Glass boy Overeem" beat a much better version of Werdum AFTER he got KO'd by Stipe lmao

Overeem is arguably 0-3 against Werdum.

I couldn't find Nelson in the rankings, Gonzaga was 10th. So Stipe's got 8 top 10 wins to Big Nog's 14.
who has more top 10 wins, manny or floyd? ali or lennox? duran or leonard?

He almost got stopped by Bob fucking Sapp.

They're two different fighters who faced very different competition in a very different era.

I don't think you can compare the two at all. Neither are the GOAT of the HW.

You are joking using Bob Sapp right? I’m 2002 Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost back to back. Hoost was perhaps the best striker to every live. Sapp beat him twice.

Sapp was 360lbs of Solid muscle back then and was coming to win. People talk about Lesnar being a physical freak... we have never in MMA seen anyone physically like Bob Sapp in his prime. There was a 140lbs weight difference, let’s not pretend Sapp was a pushover.

upload_2020-4-28_15-7-7.jpeg

Sherdog is the only place on the internet where Nog is ranked above Stipe lol. Most fans outside the bubble have Stipe as the HW GOAT

You are simply just wrong. An unbiased ranking system has Nog above Stipe.

upload_2020-4-28_16-59-47.png

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-heavyweight/

The reason why you and "most fans outside the bubble" are so clueless is that the majority of the fans are MMA noobs who have followed the sport less than 5 years. There are longtime hardcore fans here on Sherdog who know the history of the HW division better than you and other MMA noobs. Try to understand that so that you don't have to embarrass yourself here.

View attachment 764035

The reason why you and "most fans outside the bubble" are so clueless is that the majority of the fans are MMA noobs who have followed the sport less than 5 years. There are longtime hardcore fans here on Sherdog who know the history of the HW division better than you and other MMA noobs. Try to understand that so that you don't have to embarrass yourself here.
That ranking is fucking terrible lol, how the hell is Cain the 4th greatest HW ever when his resume is paper thin?

Plus that website's all-time P4P rankings has DC above Nog and Fedor outside the top 4, so epic self-own there <45>

Nog's best wins:
1. Cro Cop
2. Barnett (whom he arguably lost to twice)
3. Green Werdum with no striking
4. Sergei
5. Randy

Stipe:
1. DC
2. Ngannou
3. Werdum
4. Reem
5. JDS

Nog in his absolute prime barely won a highly controversial decision over a Ricco that got KO'd by Sylvia in the UFC a few months previously.

Nog also has 10 losses to Stipe's two, and both of Stipe's losses were preceded by vicious eye pokes that weren't caught by the ref.

Nog is arguably 0-2 against Barnett, as he lost to him the first time and squeaked out another controversial decision in the rematch by lay and pray.

The only close decision of Stipe's career went against him (JDS 1), which was avenged brutally.
Stipe is the GOAT of HW no question about it

He almost got stopped by Bob fucking Sapp.

They're two different fighters who faced very different competition in a very different era.

I don't think you can compare the two at all. Neither are the GOAT of the HW.

Bob Sapp was an absolute roid fueled beast at the time. The night he fought Nog he would have given a lot of top guys problems.

Stipe is the GOAT of HW no question about it

Based on beating Reem, JDS and DC a couple years past their primes?

Prime vs Prime I'd put JDS ahead of him.

Based on beating Reem, JDS and DC a couple years past their primes?

Prime vs Prime I'd put JDS ahead of him.
Yea JDS beats Stipe in the first fight but he got his revenge against JDS in the 2nd fight

You are joking using Bob Sapp right? I’m 2002 Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost back to back. Hoost was perhaps the best striker to every live. Sapp beat him twice.

Sapp was 360lbs of Solid muscle back then and was coming to win. People talk about Lesnar being a physical freak... we have never in MMA seen anyone physically like Bob Sapp in his prime. There was a 140lbs weight difference, let’s not pretend Sapp was a pushover.

View attachment 764036

He made Nog look like a kid, it was like fighting a super hero.

I personally rank Fedor as the HW GOAT but I am relaying what I have seen on Twitter etc from mostly casual fans.
If Fedor fights in the UFC he will lose most of his fights

i thought nog lost to Heath herring, wasn't impressed with big nog.

nog got absolutely outclassed by frank mir everywhere
that should tell you all you need to know about nog
You mean when he had him virtually TKO on his feet in the rematch? That's included in "outclassed everywhere"? You can make a similar point without lying.

Big Nog was between 1-2 (mostly 2) for 7 years. He's not much better than Stipe, all-time, but he's definitely one class better.

You obviously have your mind made up regardless of discussion. It's all subjective. Comparing a win now to a win 10-15 years ago. Some losses and wins age differently in hindsight. How will stipes wins and losses really look in 10 years? Who can say?
/thread

Sherdog is the only place on the internet where Nog is ranked above Stipe lol. Most fans outside the bubble have Stipe as the HW GOAT

I'm talking about Nog's 3 (arguably 5) losses in his PRIDE prime and you're writing out an essay about his UFC run lol. Good job addressing the points made big guy
Your words sound like they're trying to be smart, but your argument is baseless (and you're discrediting actual wins from Nog while forgetting to mention Stipe was KO'd cold to lose his title...in his prime. Nog didn't get t/kod until well into his decline). And what made-up bubble are you talking about? Great argument there: "EVERYONE else, everywhere else, agrees with my point....'cause I just know it." And then you hate on a guy for "writing an essay", i.e., discussing an issue thoroughly.
Good job addressing the points made big guy. Brilliant.

I've never once seen anyone argue Barnett won both of their fights, only vice versa. That alone shows you're reaching.
Good point, having watched both fights twice (first live), I thought one could have gone to Barnett, and the other was a clean Nog win. But pretending that the whole planet unanimously agrees that Nog clearly lost both is a great way to start an unbiased discussion.

You have to wait until both retire before you do a career assessment. Stipe is still champion and in his prime. Wait until the tail end of his career, if he stays long enough and accrues enough total fights. If Stipe is fighting in 6-7 years from now, he will be getting KO'd by future Roy Nelson types too. It just happens.

Noguiera was 19-1-1 when he lost the belt.

Having said that, I see prime Stipe beating Noguiera. Just don't think a comprehensive analysis can be done until Stipe, or any fighter currently in their prime, hits their downslope. If they stay long enough, it's coming.

View attachment 764035

Bravo. Great response. Coincidentally, not that TS or the haters care, it happens to be true.

I mean when Stipe gets 30+ wins itll be more even. But Nog's career as a whole is better bc its complete. Stipe is still going

Back