I had 3>2 Romero

Izzy is a great fighter, but i can't stand this guy.
48-47 Israel.

like out struck him by double in 4 of the rounds whilst Romero stood still and did nothing whilst covering his face

It's ok to be wrong, mate.

Yoel should try throwing punches next time.

Izzy lost every round 7-10 he did nothing the entire fight than run away scared shitless after Romero concussed him in the very first round

Dude, Romero did fucking nothing. Stop acting like he deserved to win the MW belt after doing fucking nothing.

Fucking shameful performance from a challenger in possibly his last ever title fight. Fucking go for it. Don't cry after you do fucking nothing and expect to get the title from it and don't in the end.

Izzy only landed with leg kick and they weren't affrcting him until the 5th round and that round was romero's but honestly that fight should never have been made and bpth should have lost

Honestly it was super close because they throw like 8 punches/kicks s round.

Neither guy was a clear winner.

Kicking Yoel’s legs while he was on hibernation mode.

I think Izzy should have been stripped and Yoel cut

Just give the daam belt to costa

Could easily score the 1st, 2nd and 5th for Yoel. 3 and 4 were the only clear Izzy rounds

personally have it draw. 1st round 10-10. I dont believe there is a winner in a round where theres a combined 5 strikes landed and no grappling involved

Izzy lost every round 7-10 he did nothing the entire fight than run away scared shitless after Romero concussed him in the very first round

And your dumb ass wonders why everyone thinks you're a joke, and no one takes you serious.

Conortards, ladies and gentlemen. The stupidity leaks.

What the fuck where you watching hahahahahaha

A power shot counts more than strike count, even if just 1 strike has a bigger impact than all the others in that round. Like here Yoel's overhand was by far the biggest shot in the round. A clean, hard counter up top. But it's still close, so a 10-10 is fine.

Yoel landed the cleaner, harder shots in round 2.
Didn't in rounds 3 and 4. Izzy's volume stood out in those rounds.
While in round 5 Romero landed the harder shots.

So either 48-48 or 48-47 Romero. Since 4 rounds were clear and the 1st round was either even or for Romero, I struggle to see how they gave it to Ade.

But as a personal note Yoel is very frustrating to watch. Coasts as a power guy. Has had 3 close decisions going the other way, yet still coasts. Should've done more, he had the energy.

This match was nothing special, but I think Adesanya is the right winner. Yoel had to do more; he did barely nothing, only tried to land some bombs, but you can't win doing this.

In addiction, I have him not winning also in the other 3 fights he lost.

I think he did good against Whittaker 1, but lost 3-2. That was a good fight.

I have a draw in Whittaker 2, but yoel gave first 2 rounds away to Robert.

I have a defeat against Costa, but romero at least tried.

like out struck him by double in 4 of the rounds whilst Romero stood still and did nothing whilst covering his face

Izzy is a great fighter, but i can't stand this guy.
48-47 Israel.

It's ok to be wrong, mate.

Yoel should try throwing punches next time.

Dude, Romero did fucking nothing. Stop acting like he deserved to win the MW belt after doing fucking nothing.

Fucking shameful performance from a challenger in possibly his last ever title fight. Fucking go for it. Don't cry after you do fucking nothing and expect to get the title from it and don't in the end.

And your dumb ass wonders why everyone thinks you're a joke, and no one takes you serious.

Conortards, ladies and gentlemen. The stupidity leaks.

What the fuck where you watching hahahahahaha

This match was nothing special, but I think Adesanya is the right winner. Yoel had to do more; he did barely nothing, only tried to land some bombs, but you can't win doing this.

All of this ^ is nonsense, because Reyes out-struck Jon Jones 3 out 5 rounds and still lost an unanimous decision.

People say that Yoel didn't do anything.

WRONG!

He effectively defended Israel's strikes, while landing the cleaner and more impactful blows. Yoel had Israel shook. At no point did Israel threaten Yoel. Yoel won the stand up.

Israel said he wasn't afraid to call out Yoel, but he was clearly scared to engage with him. Only securing points through front leg kicks, and on his bicycle. At no point did Israel have Yoel running away.

The commenting was biased as well, saying that Yoel didn't land the take down, when he did (I don't think the promotion even showed the replay), and Yoel was checking most of Israel's head and body kicks. Israel's greatest moments in the fight were leg kicks, and Joe was leaning hard into it trying to sell it.

Also, if Israel was so great, why didn't he go for a take down and try to finish him like a well rounded champ is supposed to...you know, attempt to beat the guy at his own game like a true champ?

Yoel fought as though he was already the champ, and showed that Israel couldn't take it from him. If that fight went one more round Yoel would've finished Israel.

If that fight went one more round Yoel would've finished Israel.

A few more of those leg kicks and Romero's movement would have been severely compromised IMO. His leg was barely working at the end of the fight.

A few more of those leg kicks and Romero's movement would have been severely compromised IMO. His leg was barely working at the end of the fight.

What are you talking? Yoel was chasing after Israel for the whole last minute of the fight.

All of this ^ is nonsense, because Reyes out-struck Jon Jones 3 out 5 rounds and still lost an unanimous decision.

People say that Yoel didn't do anything.

WRONG!

He effectively defended Israel's strikes, while landing the cleaner and more impactful blows. Yoel had Israel shook. At no point did Israel threaten Yoel. Yoel won the stand up.

Israel said he wasn't afraid to call out Yoel, but he was clearly scared to engage with him. Only securing points through front leg kicks, and on his bicycle. At no point did Israel have Yoel running away.

The commenting was biased as well, saying that Yoel didn't land the take down, when he did (I don't think the promotion even showed the replay), and Yoel was checking most of Israel's head and body kicks. Israel's greatest moments in the fight were leg kicks, and Joe was leaning hard into it trying to sell it.

Also, if Israel was so great, why didn't he go for a take down and try to finish him like a well rounded champ is supposed to...you know, attempt to beat the guy at his own game like a true champ?

Yoel fought as though he was already the champ, and showed that Israel couldn't take it from him. If that fight went one more round Yoel would've finished Israel.

Wow, literally none of what you wrote is true or is a valid argument.

Lol @ Yoel needing just one more round. Just ridiculous. He was given 5 rounds, coming off a loss, and did fuck all with his gifted title shot.

Lifelong, Olympic Silver Medalist wrestler turns into a shitty, timid counter striker. On paper, Yoel should maul this guy via superior strength and grappling.

In reality, Yoel covered up, got kicked a whole bunch, and did fuck all.

I find it hilarious people are calling others stupid for seeing it differently. It was a close fight, you can make reasonable arguments for both. Fact is, it was an uneventful fight with no clear cut winner. You can defend how you saw the fight, but you have to acknowledge there’s reasonable means to call it either way.

Back