I Honestly Don't See How Khabib Wins This

Can you give me an example of an elite striker defeating a bigger, younger, elite wrestler in a championship fight?

Can you show me any examples of where they didn't? {<hhh]

Also, lol @ Khabib being bigger. They're pretty much the same size. If anything, Conor is probably the slightly bigger one. lol @ at him being younger too, their birthdays are separated by literally only a couple months.

Khabib has a great chance man and i say that as a connor fan who feels connor stll takes this

LOL you don't say. And using the word sniper in there too. Damn you guys just are too damn quick to pick up his newest buzz word and throw it around
Lmao what? The term sniper has been used for decades and absolutely conor is one

Can you show me any examples of where they didn't? {<hhh]

Also, lol @ Khabib being bigger. They're pretty much the same size. If anything, Conor is probably the slightly bigger one. lol @ at him being younger too, their birthdays are separated by literally only a couple months.

lol edgar v lol penn
lol the lol chris v lol silva
lol barao v lol dillishaw
lol just to lol name a a lol few. lol

So lol you can't lol.

lol edgar v lol penn
lol the lol chris v lol silva
lol barao v lol dillishaw
lol just to lol name a a lol few. lol

So lol you can't lol.

-Edgar largely beat Penn with striking, not wrestling
-Weidman knocked Silva out on the feet, didn't he score like zero take downs?
-Dillashaw outclassed Barao on the feet as well, had nothing to do with his wrestling/grappling ability

Basically, your examples are all crap.

that's how i see it. i have grown up watching boxing, and conor just doesn't carry the same power as a lot of good boxers. i even think that there have been a number of mma fighters that carry better power p4p, but none come close to having conors sense of timing.

Yeah, I’ve watched boxing for a bit. His timing and his ability to see opening is excellent.

Kahbib via brutal arm bar or kimura. Corners left arm will never be the same again.

If it goes to the ground the fight's over. When Khabib ties him up and starts whacking him in the face Conor will mentally quit. That said, Khabib isn't in Conor's class standing up so who knows? It will be an interesting fight if it doesn't end too quickly.

Conor fans act like every time he touches someone they’re immediately ko’d. Delusional beyond belief. I’m a massive khabib fan, both guys can win this.

Conor fans act like every time he touches someone they’re immediately ko’d. Delusional beyond belief. I’m a massive khabib fan, both guys can win this.

Both guys can win this, but let's be real, people make it sound like Khabib will get a takedown and just break dude.

Khabib has to work really hard to get his takedowns, though he does get them.

The most likely outcome is that Khabib pressures Mcgregor (who won't land a clean shot because of said pressure) until he pushes him up against the cage.

We all know what happens when Khabib has you against the cage: he takes you down, mauls you, gasses you and then finishes you by tko or submission.

Eddie Alvarez had Conor up against the fence but couldn't finish the takedown. The difference is that khabib is by far the most complete grappler in the sport and is just as skilled in judo as he is in wrestling and on the ground.

Unlike Alvarez if he has the clinch he will take Conor down.

Khabib will not hesitate or trade from the distance, he will shoot from far away and very low and probably miss the first shot. Then he will chain wrestle with consecutive attempts until he has Conor up against the fence, then he will work his way to the body lock and take Conor down.

Nobody whose name is not Kevin Lee can stop this monster from driving you against the cage, pushing you up against the fence and then taking you down. He is unstoppable when he has you against the cage.

Chain wrestlers are a lot more effective against counter strikers like Conor, once he'll miss the first shot he will not freeze or expose himself to strikes like a "single attempt" wrestler like chad mendes. That's also why Sonnen was so successful against Anderson in their first fight, you gotta spam those takedown and put relentless pressure on those counter strikers.

If it goes to the ground the fight's over. When Khabib ties him up and starts whacking him in the face Conor will mentally quit. That said, Khabib isn't in Conor's class standing up so who knows? It will be an interesting fight if it doesn't end too quickly.

When was the last time Khabib made anyone mentally quit from ground and pound? Almost everyone lasts the entire bout to decision getting GnPed by Khabib.

Both guys can win this, but let's be real, people make it sound like Khabib will get a takedown and just break dude.

Khabib has to work really hard to get his takedowns, though he does get them.
Exactly, it can go either way. I just get annoyed when people make it out like their fighter is 100% gonna win.

Logic does tell me Conor wins.

People need to stop pretending like Conor is a bum with grappling.

We know Khabib’s outmatched on the feet.
Khabib is clearly a better wrestler than Conor but he’s not a takedown artist and if he does take conor down, he barely does any damage because of his short arms. He can create leverage for punches and can’t or never elbows from guard.

There have been foghts where khabib spends all 3 rounds GnP opponents and they come out looking grazer and just fine...

If khabib takes him down, it’s not be all end all. Simple as that.

Khabib also has to successfully tale Conor down all 5 rounds.
but ye they make it all sound so easy. just takem down boss :)

He needs the fence to complete most of his takedowns.
I was wondering about that because he couldn't take Tibau down against the fence..not even once that I remember. That makes me think that it's more about his strength than his technique and if the fighter is stronger, he can't do anything. Then again Tibau could have been juiced up. But even then, if he was such a take down artist as people are saying, he would have at least gotten one.

So Khabib isn't good at cutting off the cage and getting into grappling situations?

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back