I just dont understand this Brady-Rodgers stuff. Sorry

Rodgers has been demonstrably better in the playoffs than Brady. Brady has been on much better teams. Don't choke on it.

Well except for 1) Leading a football team, and 2) Winning games

No matter what they give Rodgers people will still make excuses. Everyone talks about how stacked the Bucs were this season. They had 1 pro bowler. Brady makes people better. Brady gives people confidence. Rodgers smirks and acts holier than thou. Rodgers lectures defensive players for hitting him. Aaron publicly complains about his contract. He is more specialer than the other little peon football players. People feel that. Brady is part of the team.

Well except for 1) Leading a football team, and 2) Winning games

No matter what they give Rodgers people will still make excuses. Everyone talks about how stacked the Bucs were this season. They had 1 pro bowler. Brady makes people better. Brady gives people confidence. Rodgers smirks and acts holier than thou. Rodgers lectures defensive players for hitting him. Aaron publicly complains about his contract. He is more specialer than the other little peon football players. People feel that. Brady is part of the team.

The Bucc's were stacked, shut the hell up.

Godwin/AB/Evans are WR 1 on almost any other team, they have 3 of em on 1 roster. Not to mention even with injuries that OL was top 10.

Defensively they had JPP, Vea, Suh, David (arguably top 5 LB period regardless), White (2nd best ILB in the League) Barrett (top 5 OLB), their weakness came from a mediocre at best secondary. When they were healthy that front 7 was sick.

They had depth and talent everywhere except DB.

People knew they had talent, even last year, but it was always coaching and culture seen as an issue with the organization. They hired Arians and it even started rough but they got it to click. It's not that Tom Brady was some super hero coming into fucking Jacksonville or the Jets and winning a super bowl. This team had talent.

Except Russell played in an age full of part-timers and very little parity, whereas Brady plays against (and with, of course) teams full of freak athletes in a league designed to promote parity. Bart Starr winning 7 titles back in the molasses era is the closest to a football equivalent of Russell

Russell meant more to his teams than Brady did to any football team he ever played on.

Fact of the sports tbh

Except Russell played in an age full of part-timers and very little parity, whereas Brady plays against (and with, of course) teams full of freak athletes in a league designed to promote parity. Bart Starr winning 7 titles back in the molasses era is the closest to a football equivalent of Russell

That's fair. Still, compare the playoff stats between the two and Rodgers is superior. Brady has had superior defenses time and time again.

Rodgers:

45Tds- 13 Ints in 20 playoff games.

Brady:

83 Tds-38Ints in playoff games. (45 total games)

Numbers speak for themselves. Don't know what to tell you.

The Bucc's were stacked, shut the hell up.

Godwin/AB/Evans are WR 1 on almost any other team, they have 3 of em on 1 roster. Not to mention even with injuries that OL was top 10.

Defensively they had JPP, Vea, Suh, David (arguably top 5 LB period regardless), White (2nd best ILB in the League) Barrett (top 5 OLB), their weakness came from a mediocre at best secondary. When they were healthy that front 7 was sick.

They had depth and talent everywhere except DB.

People knew they had talent, even last year, but it was always coaching and culture seen as an issue with the organization. They hired Arians and it even started rough but they got it to click. It's not that Tom Brady was some super hero coming into fucking Jacksonville or the Jets and winning a super bowl. This team had talent.

Russell meant more to his teams than Brady did to any football team he ever played on.

Fact of the sports tbh

Ok that was a good argument for talent. Now you gotta address the issue of Rodgers being a holier than thou snarky underhanded girly man. It's stats stats stats for Rodgers fans, they have nothing else to argue with. Veteran players will set aside their egos and follow Brady straight into the fire. Let me give you a stat - if Brady makes everyone 5% better then the team is like 50 * 5% = 250% better. Sure that makes sense. You get the point

That's fair. Still, compare the playoff stats between the two and Rodgers is superior. Brady has had superior defenses time and time again.

Rodgers:

Brady:

Brady has played against tougher competition in the playoffs, on account of him making it to more CCGs and Super Bowls. Think about it. 10 Super Bowls and you are playing the creme of the crop with a 2-week game plan. Rodgers has avoided that one time and time again. Probably to the benefit of his stat line.

Ok that was a good argument for talent. Now you gotta address the issue of Rodgers being a holier than thou snarky underhanded girly man. It's stats stats stats for Rodgers fans, they have nothing else to argue with. Veteran players will set aside their egos and follow Brady straight into the fire. Let me give you a stat - if Brady makes everyone 5% better then the team is like 50 * 5% = 250% better. Sure that makes sense. You get the point

Brady has played against tougher competition in the playoffs, on account of him making it to more CCGs and Super Bowls. Think about it. 10 Super Bowls and you are playing the creme of the crop with a 2-week game plan. Rodgers has avoided that one time and time again. Probably to the benefit of his stat line.
Rodgers attitude doesn't detract from how great he is or his talent. I don't have to address anything there.

Also Brady didn't face better competition in the playoffs.

What if Mahomes becomes the next Rodgers and goes 10 years with out a superbowl win. Or like Brees plenty of accolades and no superbowl wins.
Given his salary, it’s possible he doesn’t get there again.

No - Brady’s played for 20 years, feel free to post some examples of him on the run throwing a 40 yd rope right on the money. That was on 3rd and 20 to win a road playoff game but he always chokes right?

I’ll wait for your reply that says nothing but “7 Super Bowls” despite this being about who’s more talented

No one thinks Brady is more talented than Rodgers, not even Brady himself. He is a better quarterback and it isn't even close to be honest.

Rodgers fanboys always moving the goal posts. B b but Aaron can do more pushups! It was always. Tom has the better coach. Tom has been in that system forever. This year he went to a new team. New coach with no preseason and destroyed that narrative also. Aaron has a career of excuses and what if’s. Must be tiring to defend him all these years.

and I Like watching him play like I enjoy Russell Wilson, but it’s time to be real.

Rodgers fanboys always moving the goal posts. B b but Aaron can do more pushups! It was always. Tom has the better coach. Tom has been in that system forever. This year he went to a new team. New coach with no preseason and destroyed that narrative also. Aaron has a career of excuses and what if’s. Must be tiring to defend him all these years.

and I Like watching him play like I enjoy Russell Wilson, but it’s time to be real.

- Digs up 2+ year old post and implies Brady can make the throw posted
- Is asked to find one similar throw Brady has made in 20 year career
- Can’t find one (because it doesn’t exist) and replies back with nonsense that loosely points to TEAM accomplishments
- Accuses me of moving the goal posts lol

- Digs up 2+ year old post and implies Brady can make the throw posted
- Is asked to find one similar throw Brady has made in 20 year career
- Can’t find one (because it doesn’t exist) and replies back with nonsense that loosely points to TEAM accomplishments
- Accuses me of moving the goal posts lol
I’m sure if I look I would find plenty. But you’d say it’s only 39 yards. Lol. It’s okay. You can dream that Rodgers is the better qb. No expert would start him over Tom in a big game to get the win. No one.

No one thinks Brady is more talented than Rodgers, not even Brady himself. He is a better quarterback and it isn't even close to be honest.

>Rodgers has more ability

>but isn't better

ok

the problem with Brady being the GOAT argument is that there is nothing you can point to as to why other than rings and longevity without injury. Nobody thinks Brady is a shit QB, ever. The debate is if he's the GOAT QB and when his skillset is lacking being others it's really hard to find concrete evidence as to how they're the best. I got done arguing with a guy 2 nights ago about this. He told me he's seen Montana, Tarkenton etc and Brady is better. It's just different eras, and those guys had retarded good teams too. Every QB does because its a team game. The players who I have seen with the most with the least in my life time have have been Rustle, Rodgers (has always had a good #1 WR but some seasons hasn't had dick), and Brees for a bit there. With that said, Brees had a good running game and Sean Payton is an amazing schemer.

Edit: John Elway and Eli Manning have had some shit tier support on the offensive side of the ball, Eli won a SB though.

@Bamboozled acting like the Bucs were a super team, and Tom was ring chasing... I'd love to see Rodgers go to a below .500 team and win a SB in his first season. Unfortunately for him, Brady has as many NFC championships as he does now....

{<jordan}

Not to mention even with injuries that OL was top 10.

People knew they had talent, even last year, but it was always coaching and culture seen as an issue with the organization.
I mean not every casual knew - You couldn't name a single one of their offensive linemen in the offseason <Rodgers1>

@Bamboozled acting like the Bucs were a super team, and Tom was ring chasing... I'd love to see Rodgers go to a below .500 team and win a SB in his first season. Unfortunately for him, Brady has as many NFC championships as he does now....

{<jordan}

If Rodgers had Godwin and Evans he'd throw for 70 TD's

Rodgers did have a better offensive line this year before injuries though.
I mean not every casual knew - You couldn't name a single one of their offensive linemen in the offseason <Rodgers1>

Eh? Ryan Jensen I'd think is fairly known ya? Wirfs was a stud from the get go too. I'd assume most people would know them but I know you're being sarcastic because nobody really pays attention to offensive linemen.

Rodgers:

Brady:

Be real.

Brady had like nine byes, 10 of Brady's games were in the Superbowl, 14 were Conference championship games. Brady was often playing much higher quality teams. All playoff games are not equal.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing though. Its just not comparable to what Brady has accomplished.

Be real.

Brady had like nine byes, 10 of Brady's games were in the Superbowl, 14 were Conference championship games. Brady was often playing much higher quality teams. All playoff games are not equal.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing though. Its just not comparable to what Brady has accomplished.

Rodgers sums it up

It's the ultimate team game. No dominant QB can do it alone, Brady didn't do it alone. Never did. Never will. Those aren't QB accomplishments.

Back