Media I just trained with Gilbert Yvel

Who wins a potential fight?

• Total voters
Was expecting Steven segall

I hate venom boxing gloves, what ones are those and do you have any issues using them? Mine suck, and I spent a nice penny on them
They’re customized boxing gloves man, I’ve created them on Venum’s website, no issues.
What’s wrong with yours?

In case you haven’t seen this before, here is Gilbert Yvel’s own story about his (in)famous referee KO:

That is a great story, thanks for sharing. Is there any way to view that entire fight on the internet? It was at Fight Festival 12 in Finland in 2004. There must be footage out there because we've all seen the highlight clip of that famous DQ, but full fight doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the internet. I'd be interested to see it going down like Gilbert is saying.

I was supposed to get in the ring earlier this year, but wasn’t able to get enough training in due to work, vacation, etc.
Now I’m back in there and plan to compete next year! It’ll be my first fight, although I’ve been training boxing for a solid six years now, I just need to get my conditioning on point, lol.
And yeah outside of that I’m doing the media thing with MainEventNL:)
can I be your cornerman?<45>

They’re customized boxing gloves man, I’ve created them on Venum’s website, no issues.
What’s wrong with yours?
They seem to have too much room at the finger tips, and the wrist support is terrible!!!!!! I’ve stoved my wrist on mitts twice because either my wrap job suxks(same wrapping technique since I laced mitts at 11) or the gloves have no wrist support

Did he also show you the best techniques and angles for eye gouging and low blows? Doesn't get much better than him.

Gilbert was a staple JBG fighter for me in my teenage years. I miss inviting friends over on a friday night after school, somehow we ended up getting OG four locos and cases of monster energy to suppliment the night of Pride FC DVDs.

Ahhh to be young again.
<{smellit?}>

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to train with “The Hurricane”, Gilbert Yvel:D

Let me tell you this: at 47 years of age he still is in absolutely tremendous shape!
Gilbert told me that at the moment he does a carnivore diet, which means you can only eat meat and some eggs. Right now he has visible abs at 250 lbs and Yvel said he feels better than ever before.
I told him I wasn't feeling better than ever, because I had a big party the night before, lol…

Training with Gilbert Yvel was a super cool experience, as he taught me how to punch from different/weird angles and off-rhythm to create openings, ala Mike’s Gym style.
His punch-combinations really told a story!

We will train together more often in the coming year and I’m looking forward to it:cool:

View attachment 1009534

View attachment 1009535

We were also joined by Hasbulla’s African brother in the background:)

View attachment 1009536
I was hopin to see jones but oh well

Remember when he almost blinded Don Frye, multiple times, to prevent being taken down ... then wouldn't even start back in the same position so he got DQ'd ... then got on the mic talking about how everyone fucks him over all the time?

Yvel is a scumbag.

Back