I kinda feel bad for Jones

he’s just some dude, who can fight , who’s a little crazy like all of us
LOL, WTF are you going on about?
There would be very few people who have fucked up as much as him.
And anyone that has done, is probably in jail.

yeah i mean that poor guy, he drinks so much he is the victim, I bet his fiancée and kids are overreacting jones is a man of god

I mean this isn't Jon Jones's first rodeo. He's been in countless legal troubles inside and out of the cage. If this is suppose to be a learning experience for him then he clearly hasn't learned a thing after all this time.

I really hope Jon redeems himself but so far it's not looking good

What if what he’s saying is true%? For the most part
Everyone has arguments with their spouses . Heated ones too.
Alcohol is the #1 reason for a lot of things and no one knows the depth of their story as a couple better than them.
I’m not saying he’s innocent, but still . It’s not like he has a lawyer tweeting for him, because if he did, he wouldn’t be tweeting. I’m not a jj fan. I’ve railed against some of his wins in the cage.. he’s just some dude, who can fight , who’s a little crazy like all of us
Is it a bad thing to give him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm sure others have pointed this out but...He ran a red light, smashed into a pregnant woman's car breaking her arm. He fled his vehicle, then returned to grab some money, and fled again. There is literally no excuse outside of being a human piece shit for doing that. That's Jon Jones.

I don't feel bad for him. He is one of many perfect examples of someone that has monetary wealth, athletic abilities, and is famous, but can still be a huge loser in life.

I sure enjoy (ed) watching him fight, but outside of the sport of MMA he seems to be a pretty big pos of a human. Maybe even inside of MMA if you look at things closely.

GOAT Jones will have his due process like all Americans. Just wait TS. We will get to the bottom of this together.

If I have an argument, usually the one I'm arguing with doesn't end up covered in blood and terrified to be in the same room as me.

Alcohol is the #1 reason for a lot of things and no one knows the depth of their story as a couple better than them.
I’m not saying he’s innocent, but still . It’s not like he has a lawyer tweeting for him, because if he did, he wouldn’t be tweeting. I’m not a jj fan. I’ve railed against some of his wins in the cage.. he’s just some dude, who can fight , who’s a little crazy like all of us

Americans! Stop encourage criminals and murders!

I’d bet money your IQ is either subpar or you didn’t actually look into the details of what happened. His wife was found with blood on her phase, what benefit of the doubt are we giving him?

X2mj64GplHrPtnryi-_zYGB-ZAHGDRoJ8ms1-H5CxY8LZACA0qB_nTgjPi7e4G5txxcTPFPJWoJKNH2wXIEJbt0r2Iuqnv6pjVMCo6L9CPEwlVGuBijdApC-4m7DLCihW54GS6qjf_PRrib0DvtKb0mXcyFdzncwnI0

So you feel bad for all alcoholics who haven't gotten sober yet, is what you're saying? And the chaos that the alcohol brings into their lives (90%+ of the time)?

Well, yes. I do too.

But feeling bad doesn't do Jones any good. So far the only one stepping up to help him seems to be Wink, and Jones responded like a typical drug user when Wink set a healthy boundary, "he doesn't have my back". Jones completely missed the entire point of what Wink did, because he's not thinking clearly. Because he's an active addict.

So sure, I feel bad for him and all addicts. But he needs more action than people feeling bad for him. What he needs is his wife and brothers need to get together and give him an ultimatum. Which clearly they're reluctant to do.

Last edited:
It's a shame, He's so talented, but mentally he cant get it together. people say he's like a spoiled brat (gus, DC) and it sort of makes sense. I just cant see how much struggle could be in the life of someone who had 2 older brothers in the nfl before he was 20 and had state wrestling credentials at a young age.
Mentally he'd probably be fine if he didn't have the addict gene.

Or maybe not and he'd self-sabatage some other way.

But the AA rooms are full of down and outters who probably never had a chance at succeeding in this crazy world AND highly successful people who had every chance, succeeded greatly, and still couldn't stop. The gene doesn't discriminate.

I'm not excusing his behavior. Until he pays consequences he has no reason to change. And until he changes he's going to stay miserable and continue to bring chaos to everyone around him.

Last edited:
Mentally he'd probably be fine if he didn't have the addict gene.

Or maybe not and he'd self-sabatage some other way.

But the AA rooms are full of down and outters who probably never had a chance at succeeding in this crazy world AND highly successful people who had every chance, succeeded greatly, and still couldn't stop. The gene doesn't discriminate.

I'm not excusing his behavior. Until he pays consequences he has no reason to change. And until he changes he's going to stay miserable and continue to bring chaos to everyone around him.
I know, and it's hard for me not to feel sympathetic toward him though it's like he had a monkeys paw wish to be the strongest fighter, but in exchange he'd be the weakest man

Meh.
far too many people hate him.... and let us be real... every single fighter has haters... the bigger you are, more haters you have.
And Jon is one of the best ever, so his haters would be here even if he was the male version of Mother Theresa.

On the other hand, he did fuck up a lot of times, and it is just hard when you are in the eye of the media for every single mistake you make.

I bet many of his vocal haters found themselves drunk a few times. And many got caught by the police. But they are nobodies, so it is not news.
Jon also have a big group of "yes man" since he was very young. He also have his share of bloodsuckers that are in just to spend his money. That makes the problems he has that much harder to get over with, since these "friends" probably claim he did nothing wrong and justified, forgave him and allowed him to continue "partying" (probably even pushed him to "live a little").
Women throw themselves at him, booze, drugs... he is not a normal person. He can pay for anything he wishes, so even that is not a deterrent. Police and the law treats him differently. I mean anyone doubt that someone else caught doing coke would get more than one night at a resort where you can check yourself out???

Alcoholism and drug addiction are not easy things to beat. Especially when you live a life where you are tempted at every turn and shielded to a level where it is hard not to "enjoy it".

I am with TS. I am more willing to forgive these "sins" than I would him getting busted for PED... again. And I respect those who want to throw stones do so... but with the understanding that many of those would throw stones even if he was the perfect role model.

Back