I lost my wife yesterday.

I'm in disbelief. You always bring her up in every post you make. I know how much you loved her. I am very sorry for your loss friend.

I think most have offered their condolences. Now you have some unpleasant business to take care of. Make sure you get started sooner rather than later because it is quite a bit of work.

- Informing family and friends
- Notifying her workplace and government agencies (death certificate, mail forwarding, taxes, driver licensing)
- Funeral preparation
- Unpaid mortgage or bills
- Cancelling services no longer needed

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2020/when-loved-one-dies-checklist.html

Again, I am really sorry for your loss. I know it's a tough time for you.
Yeah, Monday is going to be a very busy day. I'm not looking forward to it but it all has to be done.

@sweetviolenturg I'm at loss of words, bro. You guys were like the model couple here on Sherdog. Your posts about your wife were unique (and much needed!) in a sea of typical Sherdog posts full of bro science and woman hate. I'm sure your posts about your awesome relationship gave hope to others on here who felt hopeless about finding love. I loved reading your posts, because your relationship with your wife reminded me of my relationship with my wife... and it's sad that people like us are the exception, and not the rule. I cannot imagine how devastated you are; what you experienced is my biggest fear in life. I don't know what else to say, so I'll just offer my help in case you need anything. I'll do what I can to help out. I'm very sorry for your loss, and I urge you to stay strong.
Post resonated hard, perfect.
<RomeroSalute>

any understanding of why? At that age a heart attack is usually caused by some issue with the heart itself.

No clue whatsoever. I won't find out until Monday when the medical examiner notifies me of his findings. The only thing that I can think of is that her battle with COVID last year weakened her heart. But that doesn't explain why she would go in her sleep unless it was just an errant blood clot or something. But I don't want to jump to conclusions & blame it on COVID until I know for sure. But that's literally the only major illness she suffered from in her lifetime as far as I know.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

If you have an issue with what I posted, please PM me. This is not the thread for anything else but supporting our friend in his mourning.

Sorry I did not make myself clear: I was referring to the OP. I had a hard time processing that Jana had passed away so suddenly. My comment was not in any way directed at your post, except to agree with you regarding how shocking this tragedy is.

Hope that clears things up.

Praying for her would be appreciated. I'm not a man of faith or religion but I feel as if I've gone from being an atheist to being a hopeful agnostic over the course of the past day. Because I can't imagine her spirit just being gone. I can't fathom not seeing her again. Having no hope of that just seems too cruel right now.

So, yeah. By all means, pray for her. Thank you.

There’s more than this shell realm;
She seemed like a very smart, (moreover wise), & compassionate gal with a huge heart.

She’s in a much more loving, peaceful realm/state of being & prolly just missing you (with so much love) , only thing awry.

Her spirit will always be with you & ( and other lives as well she’s helped/touched & inspired) on this journey.
I didn’t even know the gal and thought the world of Jana (we all did).

Last edited:
Very Sorry for your lose mate.. there's no words truthfully. Condolences

No clue whatsoever. I won't find out until Monday when the medical examiner notifies me of his findings. The only thing that I can think of is that her battle with COVID last year weakened her heart. But that doesn't explain why she would go in her sleep unless it was just an errant blood clot or something. But I don't want to jump to conclusions & blame it on COVID until I know for sure. But that's literally the only major illness she suffered from in her lifetime as far as I know.
I know that it wont make it easier one bit for you but at least passing in one's sleep is peaceful.
I wish you fortitude this monday and in the coming days. I genuinely think you are a good and compassionate dude, even though we just chat once in a while on an anonymous karate forum.
Stay strong, brother.

Christ!! I'm sorry man! You seem like a good person and all round stand up guy (no pun intended).

Hope you and your family pick yourselves up some how and marches on xxxx

Sorry brother. Sherdog loves you

I've been in the hospital all weekend and just got on the dog. Shocked to see this news. I'm so very sorry for you man. I don't interact much but I've lurked these boards for over a decade and I have to agree with everyone this is one of our saddest days here.

I would like to thank you sir, your posts have made us all here feel like we knew you both, thank you for sharing with us, enriching all of our lives in the process. You have my deepest condolences.
For real I knew all about his wife. I had a whole Whos The Boss picture of them in my head. Pretty successful woman + crusty old boxer. Fuckin cried like a baby for this dude last night. This is the saddest shit ever.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
So sorry top here this, my thoughts are with you.

As others had said your posting and your relationship with her was always a light of kindness on these forums.

Last edited:
This is pretty shocking. Maybe only behind Stillinkansas's senseless death.

This is such shocking news. You've wrote about her so much in your posts over the last year I felt like I knew you guys. So sad :(

Oh man this is horrible news my friend. I mean this when I say it, if you need anything at all; a conversation, a sounding board, whatever, please reach out. You are not alone in this even though you may feel like it right now. We have some brothers on here that have gone through similar experiences. I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Back