I regret putting money on Topuria

Should’ve bet on reach instead.

Intelligence = 1 of the most important factors.

That Topuria "got destroyed" charismatically and intellectually = the decided advantage for Volkanovski.

War Volk 😈

I used to believe this until Cruz vs. Garbrandt happened. Dominic metaphorically turned Cody's head into a speed bag in the pre-fight trash talk. But he got clowned in the actual fight.

I think Volk takes this but I don't see the pre-fight talk being a factor here.

Used the 35 and over statistic to justify putting $70 on Topuria. I still don't think it's a bad bet at all, but man, I want to Volk to win without me having to lose $70 to see it. His old man gimmick isn't being talked about enough. It's one of the best things I've seen leading up to a title fight. The video and showing up to the press conference the way he did were hilarious. Topuria's been acting like a jackass too.

Oh well, at least it won't suck as much if Topuria wins.
Topuria has set himself up for an epic fail. He might catch an aging Volk with a big shot, but it took Islam throwing a headkick at the worst version of Volk to get a finish and he wasn't even out until the follow up shots (to the back of the head) before he actually flash KO'd him. Topuria has decent boxing, but Volk has the advantage everywhere else except power.

I expect to see Volk get caught at some point and fight through it, before making Topuria wilt over the last 3 rounds dominantly. Either that or pick him apart on the outside after Topuria tries to check his frst ever kick and realises it hurts both people.

I don't know. I am just not sold on Topuria. He seems to be overacting the confidence to cover up the fact he is nervous going into this fight. Beating Emmet who is also a power puncher with less speed vs beating the entire rest of the top 5 are completely different levels. I think Topuria needed one more win before getting this fight.

Those are my favorite bets, you either make money or a fighter you like wins. Win-win, You have to really like the fighter though to be cool with losing money.

I think volk’s gonna win but at least you either see him win or you win money on topuria.

The real problem is that after the weigh ins and press conference, Volk might end up an even bigger favorite, so now’s a better time to bet on topuria
I actually bet on Topuria at the worst time when the odds were at coinflip. They swung back in Volk's favor a day or two ago and he was around -140. They've evened out a bit more since and he's currently -125ish. I thought the 35+ stat becoming more widely known to the public this week would lead to a swing in Topuria's favor.

I actually bet on Topuria at the worst time when the odds were at coinflip. They swung back in Volk's favor a day or two ago and he was around -140. They've evened out a bit more since and he's currently -125ish. I thought the 35+ stat becoming more widely known to the public this week would lead to a swing in Topuria's favor.
It is what it is. If you bet any other fights, I’d recommend merab and whittaker parlay

im probably wrong but i think tomorrow a lot of dogs will win including topuria

Stop bein a puss boy. Topuria is going to brutally finish Volk

I don't think Topuria is a bad bet if you got him as a dog or pick em. If you do go back and put a little on Volk, sprinkle a little on Kopylov as a +200 dog. You can get a quick double up with him.

If you bet on everybody, then you are guaranteed to win
it just makes sense

<Oku03>

old man strength is for real

How does a thread centered around $70 have this many posts, is everyone on sherdog homeless

I frequently do this as well.
I will place a large bet on the fighter I’m not rooting for or think won’t win.

So if I lose said bet, at least the fighter I wanted to win gets the W. Or if I win my favored fighter loses but I make $$$.

Coverin’ the bases!
I do this often in MMA and I’ve done it in Jake Paul fights. The only time it didn’t work out is when I bet him to win by KO over Nate and he won by decision.
I call it hedging my feelings so if I lose money, I’m happy because the fighter I like won and if I’m upset that my fighter lost at least I won some money. I just think this fight between him coming off a KO, being over 35 and alternating weight classes that this fight has definitely put Volkanovski in a tough spot. The fact that Topuria is a young well-rounded undefeated prospect with really good power just puts the icing on the cake. I also think that Volkanovski might come out trying to make a statement and fight a little bit out of character and overly aggressive and get caught early.

Put $70 on Volk so you'll end up with a guaranteed smaller loss or a small win depending on the odds

ff2e556fd7c91eac11b178070969c228.gif
Checked odds yesterday dead even

Have faith in yourself homie just remember nobody has won a fight at 35 or above at 145 and the last male person to win at 35 and above was Tyron Woodley in 2018

But if anybody’s gonna break that it’s Volk:)

I think ilia is outmatched in the cage and got outmanoeuvred in the press conference. his “fans” all over social media with the “he’s not Conor he’s ilia!” is so embarrassing considering the stunt he pulled with the belt and the “do something!”. The guy is done for

its a tough fight to call. both guys rarely 'look bad' in a fight.

while topuria has looked good.... there is a steep drop in talent from 1 to 2 and then to everyone else. volk is at the top of the mountain, then max is 3/4 of the way up, and ortega/allen/yair/cattar/emmett are at base camp.
great analogy @humdizzle

I am hearing a lot of hype around topurias striking but honestly I am not really that impressed given the level of his opponents. I have a feeling Volk will outstrike him, topuria will be punching air as Volk is perhaps one of the bounciest dudes in the div.

I wanted to bet topuria for weeks … but he should be +175 or more

At pick em odds - the value is gone …. The value is def on volk now imo

Back