Media Ian Garry: ‘It's Gonna Be Me and Khamzat Chimaev Fighting For That Belt In the Future

Those cliffs are pretty disingenuous. The guy spoke for quite a while about being young, needing to develop, wanting to slowball it and not wanting to shoot straight up the rankings.

That said, it's wild that a 7-0 record, with no pre existing combat sports career, gets you into the ufc tbh
Not that wild, well trodden path from Cage Warriors to the UFC.

Lol at least he has confidence. That will be taken along with everything else when he faces Borz.

He struggled through that first round a bit, against that level of competition. Khamzat would have submitted that guy by looking at him.

These dudes out here trying to gain clout and I can respect that, but I hope no one is buying into this. You can clearly see massive level differences

This guy got fed a can and barely made it out of there.

I think his ceiling is ever lower than Paddy the Fatty.

He looked fine in the clinch too me? However I agree for the first 2 minutes his defence was poor, luckily he has a good chin but you can't let that happen against someone like Burns or Luque nonetheless. He says it was due to nerves for his debut being at MGM and tbf it did just look like he was getting settled because after the first few minutes he started getting flowier and began winning. He's at a great gym so they should fix any holes in is defence.

Some of his head position in the clinch wasn't good but he was overall fine, just looked like a noodle.

After he settled he was looking ok. The headkick off the back foot was nice.

His opponent was overextending the whole fight tho. Dude was primed to get knocked out

Some of his head position in the clinch wasn't good but he was overall fine, just looked like a noodle.

After he settled he was looking ok. The headkick off the back foot was nice.

His opponent was overextending the whole fight tho. Dude was primed to get knocked out
I dunno he usual looks great in the clinch he enters the clinch due to his boxing and muay thai base and he is a black belt judoka and has muay thai experience

Kid needs more self confidence.

Much like Paddy, he is probably not going to get very far at UFC level, but it'll be a fun ride while it lasts.

He looked fine in the clinch too me? However I agree for the first 2 minutes his defence was poor, luckily he has a good chin but you can't let that happen against someone like Burns or Luque nonetheless. He says it was due to nerves for his debut being at MGM and tbf it did just look like he was getting settled because after the first few minutes he started getting flowier and began winning. He's at a great gym so they should fix any holes in is defence.

Well he trains with Burns and Luque every day, so he'll learn from them as he goes.

Ian Garry will be the new Gus. Khamzat will be the new Jon jones. Usman will be the new Shogun. Khamzat will dethrone Usman. Garry vs Khamzat will be a future fight.

Those cliffs are pretty disingenuous. The guy spoke for quite a while about being young, needing to develop, wanting to slowball it and not wanting to shoot straight up the rankings.

That said, it's wild that a 7-0 record, with no pre existing combat sports career, gets you into the ufc tbh
Chris Weidman fought Silva the first time when he had a record of 9-0. Silva had more title defenses than Chris had pro fights.

This guy being 7-0 and debuting in the UFC makes a lot more sense than 9-0 title shot. But we still all know how that Chris vs Anderson fight went.

He was struggling bigtime with Jordan fucking Williams early on. Maybe it was Octagon jitters, but anyone above basement level would've sparked him there. He needs to hope they bring him along slowly but surely.

This guy got fed a can and barely made it out of there.

I think his ceiling is ever lower than Paddy the Fatty.
Barely made it out of there? What are you on about? He never looked hurt or remotely in trouble...

He was struggling bigtime with Jordan fucking Williams early on. Maybe it was Octagon jitters, but anyone above basement level would've sparked him there. He needs to hope they bring him along slowly but surely.
He has a great chin though to be fair. It'd be tough to spark him. I've seen him eating massive flying knees in cage warriors with ease.

Breaking News: Undefeated prospect is confident!

Barely made it out of there? What are you on about? He never looked hurt or remotely in trouble...
He ended up with his face busted up and was tagged left and right. Not his fault his opponent was a complete can.

He ended up with his face busted up and was tagged left and right. Not his fault his opponent was a complete can.
Thats ridiculous, his opponent landed a few shots in the first few minutes and probably won the first two minutes but after that Garry settled down calmed the nerves and easily took over.

Back