Ian Garry = DDP 2.0?

Shavkat would wreck that dude badly (yeah I know that’s what we said about Whitaker, but seriously, Shavkat would just wreck that dude)
Shavkat is still young and extremely hungry

Just glancing at the current ufc WW top 10 and the forecast is looking bad for Gary. Hes going to have to show us some serious grappling skills if he is to reach and remain at the top.
Looks to be a phenomenal striker though. Really exciting

This guy is one of the only prospects I've been following for years. I think I hit a parlay with him, Huggie Bear and some others a couple of years ago.
He's surely hittable, which brings an asterisk. But so far, so great.

Any thoughts on Gabriel Bonfim yet?

The future of 170 looks pretty bright right now:
Shavkat (17-0)
Morales (15-0)
Bonfim (15-0)
Chimaev (12-0)
Ian Garry (12-0)
It'd be sick if the UFC somehow signed Magomed Umalatov (14-0)

I’d love to amasov in there as well, but he’s probably off limits.

I’d love to amasov in there as well, but he’s probably off limits.
doctor-who-quite-right-too.gif

Gary looks good, primed to be the next big thing and a win here launches him to a contender fight.

but if I was a WW I wouldn’t want to fight Geof Neal, he’s fast and nasty. This is the big leagues, we will find out what we need to from this fight

I'm not talking skill wise, but unexpected circumstances.
If Ian Garry beats Geoff Neal, he could end up fighting Shavkat next.
And then *gasp* becomes a title contender!

Gastelum pulled out of the fight against Shavkat in recent news. You just never know what might happen.
We never thought DDP would knock out Whittaker, and then it happened!

Shavkat should beat up Usman.

I'm not talking skill wise, but unexpected circumstances.
If Ian Garry beats Geoff Neal, he could end up fighting Shavkat next.
And then *gasp* becomes a title contender!

Gastelum pulled out of the fight against Shavkat in recent news. You just never know what might happen.
We never thought DDP would knock out Whittaker, and then it happened!

Ian Garry gives me pretty strong Arnold Allen vibes, I think he runs into a monster after Neal, but both are easily good enough to factor in title fights going forward.

Garry is extremly hyped. Im not saying rightly or wronly im just saying he has WAY more hype than DDP. to be fair....DDP just destroyed one of the greatest middle weights of all time. Im not sure we can still even put him in the hype train catagorey anymore. I see DDP as a shock contender and Garry (mostly due to conor, his size and style) as a hyped one. (since the start)

One of the mw goats?? Idk about that.

How do you know how good his grappling is?
Its a fact that he has not been tested there, or even how a grappling threat can mess with his striking
Garry's threat of giving his opponents herpes prevents them from grappling with him.

cdsz50dr7zs81.jpg

He seriously needs his own identity. Using the same lines, copying his bastardized billionaire strut, even trying to KO his opponent with the same whipy uppercut that Conor used against Brimage. It’s actually sad that an adult is copying someone so heavily.

So true ...

Ian Garry doesn't fight like DDP. He is more technical in terms of conventional striking. DDP uses blitzes and constant pressure with strikes along wrestling. Garry is closer to rainbow hair than DDP. Garry doesn't really have a top ground game like DDP. I think it is harder for Garry in WW because everyone is pretty much a grappler outside of a few guys.

He is an okay fighter, just needs to let go of Conor's balls
You can reaallly tell he’s trying to follow the Conor blueprint(from back when ppl liked conor) but just doesn’t have the personality intangibles for it. Seems like it’d be better for him to find a path better suited for him

Shavkat would wreck that dude badly (yeah I know that’s what we said about Whitaker, but seriously, Shavkat would just wreck that dude)

shavkat had his hands full with neal, garry would probably be even harder

One of the mw goats?? Idk about that.

rob? come on now....lmao that has to be a joke.....He absolutely is one of the best MWs of all time. Im not saying hes izzy or anderson. not THAT GOAT.....but this is a man who won and defended the UFC MW strap for years and lost to one guy in like 10 years. There may have been over 100k MWs...tell me hes not one of the greatest of them all lol...

i can understand the mixup. I dont have him up there with the ACTUAL GOATS..im just saying...no journeymen is going to do Rob like that, hes an all time great.

rob? come on now....lmao that has to be a joke.....He absolutely is one of the best MWs of all time. Im not saying hes izzy or anderson. not THAT GOAT.....but this is a man who won and defended the UFC MW strap for years and lost to one guy in like 10 years. There may have been over 100k MWs...tell me hes not one of the greatest of them all lol...

i can understand the mixup. I dont have him up there with the ACTUAL GOATS..im just saying...no journeymen is going to do Rob like that, hes an all time great.

He absolutely didn't win the mw strap and defend it for years. Doesn't he only have like 2 defenses? Maybe?

Back