Media Ian Garry has agreed to fight Colby Covington

Who would win the fight?

• Total voters
Judging by how each of these guys looked in their last fights I can't see Colby signing the contract.
Unless this is the planned co-main event for the international fight week card with Connor/Chandler as the main event. If that's the case Colby would probably agree just to be on the same card as McGregor and cash in on the publicity that card would bring. Think of the press conference.

Not a big Colby fan but I think he has enough left to beat Garry. Neither guy looked good in there last fight but Garry is looking like he’s hit his ceiling skill wise and it’s not very impressive. Lacks power and aggression, untested for the most part in his grappling and isn’t very physically imposing aside from his length and reach which he doesn’t use the best.

If same Colby that fought Usman he 50 45s him

Fuck sake Colby don’t talk your way out of this one.

When fighters say shits like ''Open the comments if you want to fight'' or ''I want i quit match'' or ''I won't fight that dude in a cage, i want to kill him.'', i feel like that's their ducking tactic
The demand to turn on comments is one of the absolute lamest examples of trash talk in the history of the sport. Social media is such a disgrace.

Or pack on 35 pounds and teach Poatan how to strike while winning a belt.

or 70lbs and fight Aspinall for the HW strap

unless he's a total pussy ofc

Reactions: mkt
It's possible the long layoff got to Colby. He finally got his mindset right in the last couple of rounds and managed to take down Edwards and keep him on the ground for a bit. I see Garry as a B-Grade Edwards at best. I can see the old, high-intensity, push-the-pace Colby winning a relatively close decision. The question is if that Colby will ever show up again...or if he's too old and too physically/mentally shot.

Either way it's a good test for Garry (he'll never beat a wrestler in their prime like Shavkat if he can't beat a washed Colby). And it's the best fight I can see Colby getting at this point...plus he's not getting any younger. He doesn't need to take a long break at this age like Michael Chandler is doing.

I can’t say I saw any discernible correction of mindset. Colby’s entitlement being validated so often seems to me to have convinced him that he truly does not need to earn things.

His biggest claim to fame are competitive losses.

I’m not convinced he even belongs in the ufc at this point, but we will see come fight night:

So annoying - thought by now this loser would retire and campaign for another loser.

After everything Colby said, if he doesn't take this fight he's going to look like a duck.

giphy.gif

I don't know what Colby expects at this point. He had already 3 failed title shots. He's getting up in age, and he rarely fights. After his last performance against Leon, he ain't getting anymore gifted shots either. He'll have to earn it he wants another one. Calling out Wonderboy was laughable, he's going to have to beat one the young bucks like Gary or Shavkat if wants to get back into contention. Just like what Porier did with St Denis.

I don't how cringe Garry is, he fights way more often and is in his physical prime. Colby looks washed up and lost his tenacity. Personalities are just that, but Garry should wipe Colby.

Either way I can't imagine this will be a fight to remember. If Colby has anything left in the gas tank he should be able to chain a few takedowns

The Colby who fought usman i would have voted for here. But he looked like shit against Leon and I think Ian will beat him as well. Ian is going to be hard to get ahold of for an older Covington.

Not surprised Garry would sign on. Colby is a name and up the rankings, it'd be a big chance for him to stamp his place on the WW map. It's whether colby says yes that'll be the real question to me.

Back