If Alexander Karelin entered UFC 1

My money is on the unicorn. Unless theres a shark with laserbeams involved.

girl-stuff.jpg

Nice.

People forget that no one knew submission defense back then. Karelin might have handed Royce and armbar for all we know. On the other hand, Royce had trouble with Kimo, so Karelin might have just incapacitated him

There's no way of telling.

It is amusing that many of you think Karelin would be able to beat guys in mma who actually know techniques to win real fights and who grew up fighting (e.x. Royce)..

Just because he's a strong guy and an excellent wrestler, doesn't mean he can defend submissions or, you know, throw a punch...

Mariusz Pudzianowski is significantly stronger than Karelin, but has shown to have no punching power or fighting ability.

It is amusing that many of you think Karelin would be able to beat guys in mma who actually know techniques to win real fights and who grew up fighting (e.x. Royce)..

Just because he's a strong guy and an excellent wrestler, doesn't mean he can defend submissions or, you know, throw a punch...

Mariusz Pudzianowski is significantly stronger than Karelin, but has shown to have no punching power or fighting ability.

Pudz might not be much, but he's a super HW pro MMA fighters in the 2000's. Come on now, if the Pudz of today got in a time machine to fight Royce in 1993, I'm probably betting on Pudz.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on the years I've been on this forum. The russians would've known more about GJJ than the Gracies... WTF.. doesn't even describe the level of stupidity here.

actually you and your reading comprehension are the dumbest thing from your years on this forum.

But at least you got to string a bunch of letters together to form words. Good for you little guy, good for you.

Royce had a bit of trouble finishing Kimo
Royce took a while to submit Severn, who only knew how to wrestle and barely threw strikes
Royce couldn't do anything to Ken (nor Ken do anything to Royce)

With that said, Royce is least likely to do anything to Karelin (although still possible), and Karelin would likely destroy Royce, since he's like 20x the wrestler compared to the wrestlers Royce fought.

Then again, even the best wrestlers gets f*ed against submission guys if they aren't ready, like in the Frank Shamrock vs Kevin Jackson fight.

Pudz might not be much, but he's a super HW pro MMA fighters in the 2000's. Come on now, if the Pudz of today got in a time machine to fight Royce in 1993, I'm probably betting on Pudz.

It think you'd lose. Royce gets no respect. Ken Shamrock was a roided up power monster, and he was very familiar with the submission game, and he still lost. I would take Royce over an untrained WSM winner any day.

Count me among those who think he would have gotten tapped. After learning through first hand experience what jiujitsu was about, I'm sure he would have made a bigger splash in the follow up UFC's, but at UFC 1 he would have been clueless just like everybody else.

It think you'd lose. Royce gets no respect. Ken Shamrock was a roided up power monster, and he was very familiar with the submission game, and he still lost. I would take Royce over an untrained WSM winner any day.

Maybe, you are right. No way to tell. BTW, Ken wasn't the only one roided up, maybe. :p

Karelin was a heavyweight wrestler that picked up other heavyweight wrestlers with ease (when they were on their stomachs, flattened out). Imagine what he'd do to Royce :eek:

Dude was also a 15 pound baby, lol.

Karelin was a heavyweight wrestler that picked up other heavyweight wrestlers with ease (when they were on their stomachs, flattened out). Imagine what he'd do to Royce :eek:

we have a winner

I imagine it would've looked identical to Hulk vs Loki in the Avengers movie.

Royce 'Loki' Gracie: You will respect Gracie J-eurck...
...ragdolling...
Alexander 'Hulk' Karelin: (walking away) Puny Gracie.

I imagine it would've looked identical to Hulk vs Loki in the Avengers movie.

Royce 'Loki' Gracie: You will respect Gracie J-eurck...
...ragdolling...
Alexander 'Hulk' Karelin: (walking away) Puny Gracie.

Hahaha I find that to be a very realistic posibility :icon_lol:

And I also laughed out loud when I read your post.

You all guys seem to forget that UFC1 was held under different rules from modern MMA. In particular, it allowed headbutts.. Headbutt from Karelin, be that from graeco clinch or from being in Gracie's guard is most likely a death penalty. At the very least - permanent brain damage.

Headbutt from Karelin, be that from graeco clinch or from being in Gracie's guard is most likely a death penalty. At the very least - permanent brain damage.

Because headbutts were a real fight finisher when they were allowed. Oh wait..they weren

Back