If Belal

I don't rate "goats"

And this is all an "on paper" discussion rather than how he actually would achieve this thing which most people don't imagine him doing, despite his skills as a fighter.

Making up imaginary scenarios to give him a number on a made up list isn't that interesting to me...

Yea it of course would be great if he could do that but I already found that out in DUH magazine

belal by walkoff KO in the fifth, after four 10-7 rounds.

Wouldn't put him anywhere among the goats. He would still have more losses than title defenses, but wins over Shavkat and Islam would be pretty impressive.

Wouldn't put him anywhere among the goats. He would still have more losses than title defenses, but wins over Shavkat and Islam would be pretty impressive.
What about all his great non title wins? What about the title fight that wins him the belt?

if the decisionator pulls of a feat like that, i place him in the top 5 WW ever probably dethroning Jake Shields at #5.

I don't rate "goats"

And this is all an "on paper" discussion rather than how he actually would achieve this thing which most people don't imagine him doing, despite his skills as a fighter.

Making up imaginary scenarios to give him a number on a made up list isn't that interesting to me...

Yea it of course would be great if he could do that but I already found that out in DUH magazine
I could see him pulling off some theatrical decision over Leon but I don't see him beating Shavkat in any given circumstance.

Reactions: HHJ
What about all his great non title wins? What about the title fight that wins him the belt?
Which ones? He's got a couple good names who were older and on their way down, and we'll have to see how Brady turns out. So far it's some good wins but certainly nothing approaching goat territory.

Which ones? He's got a couple good names who were older and on their way down, and we'll have to see how Brady turns out. So far it's some good wins but certainly nothing approaching goat territory.
Maia was okay, wonderboy burns and luque were all top 5, Brady remains to be seen but is clearly top 10 material right now

Maia was okay, wonderboy burns and luque were all top 5, Brady remains to be seen but is clearly top 10 material right now
i love wonderboy but his name doesn't have much weight in 2024....gilbert is a excellent win, and i agree with you on brady.
maia is hardly active and luque is a streaky fighter. i understand that they are top 10 material CURRENTLY, but when we talk about GOAT status, we need pre-belt wins that are not dilly dally.

He’d have to conclude with a shot at a weaker 185lb champ who beats the brakes off him for 5 rounds, but suffers a freak injury, giving Belal a second belt by dr stoppage

Yeah, they're fine wins, but Wonderboy is 41 years old and has won 4 of his last 11 fights, Burns had a broken arm and is almost 38 and is 3-4 in the last 4 years, Maia was 43 and that was his retirement fight losing 5 of his last 8, Luque was closest to his prime but never really did break into the serious top contender status and has also lost 3 of his last 4 now. Good wins who maybe hadn't even lost their rankings yet, but decision wins over guys who've lost a step or had broken arms are more of like "ok, that should move him up the rankings" more than "holy shit, this guy might be a goat contender".

i love wonderboy but his name doesn't have much weight in 2024....gilbert is a excellent win, and i agree with you on brady.
maia is hardly active and luque is a streaky fighter. i understand that they are top 10 material CURRENTLY, but when we talk about GOAT status, we need pre-belt wins that are not dilly dally.
just cause wonderboy lost to some fighters that are better than him doesn’t mean beating him isn’t great. Plus belal beat him 3 years ago when wonderboy was much closer to his physical prime. Usmans wins over masvidal are pretty obviously not as good as a win over someone like burns or wonderboy, just cause it’s for a title doesn’t make it elite, otherwise joe soto is an elite win

Yeah, they're fine wins, but Wonderboy is 41 years old and has won 4 of his last 11 fights, Burns had a broken arm and is almost 38 and is 3-4 in the last 4 years, Maia was 43 and that was his retirement fight losing 5 of his last 8, Luque was closest to his prime but never really did break into the serious top contender status and has also lost 3 of his last 4 now. Good wins who maybe hadn't even lost their rankings yet, but decision wins over guys who've lost a step or had broken arms are more of like "ok, that should move him up the rankings" more than "holy shit, this guy might be a goat contender".
Wonderboy was 39 and his only recent losses were to pettis in a fight he was dominating and a 29-28 with burns who had just fought for a title. Burns hurt his shoulder in the fight, I agree it takes away from it but he didn’t come in with the injury like tj against aljo or something. I know maia wasnt the best win but it was okay. Luque was 14-2 in the ufc, his only losses wonderboy and Leon.

You can do your 5 of last 8 and 4 of last 11 and stretch the record back to a weird number to make them look worse but losing to guys in the top 5 doesn’t mean you’re bad

And we all know luque isn’t the same fighter after the geoff neal fight

He goes up and beats Izzy
I would rather see Any champion having defended against at least 5 of the current top 10 before anyone, Fighters, Fans and especially Sherdoggers even suggest fighting another champion. Only thing worse in MMA then new or not even minted yet fighters being talked about as moving up or down to fight another champ is WOOOing in the crowd randomly.

Back