If Bones decimates Cormier then Rumble is he the official GOAT?

lol, yeah, his goat status is dependent on beating a 1-3 crybaby with no elite wins for a second time.

That's as laughable as saying that he needs to beat bader a second time.
Too many people thought he lost that fight.
(I didn't)

I think he needs to beat DC at HW, i wish it weren't a title fight.

We'll just have to disagree. As great as these men are, I don't think they would of beaten
Tyson from 87 to 88. Just my opinion. His knockout power was so fast and ferocious, that
the majority of them would have lost before the fight started. If you were alive and watching
fights back in the eighties, people were afraid he was going to literally kill somebody.

I was alive and watching fights in the 80's. Tyson went 19-0 without fighting legit competition. That's fine. He put that record together in a couple of years and he had good handlers trying to get him ring experience without throwing him in with the sharks, which was exactly as it should have been. Problem being he was such a killer that he wasn't getting any ring experience, so in another month he was right back in there.

The first time he did face legit competition was against Tillus, who was on a 3 fight losing streak and had lost 4 of 5. Tillus took Tyson to his first decision.

Then Tyson fought Mitch Green, who was a quality opponent, but who really hadn't beaten anyone of note, and Green took Tyson to a decision as well.

He was an excellent boxer, with under rated head movement and footwork and ring craft. But against top of the heap competition he was never as scary as he's often remembered in the minds of people who didn't watch him develop in real time.

If Tillus and Green and Bonecrusher and Tony Tucker could last 10-12 rounds against Tyson in his prime, you better believe Ali and Joe Louis and the like could. And you better believe that if they did, they would be the ones getting their hands raised when the dust settled.

One thing that stands out to me when you compare the Fedor 1st 8 Years and Jones,

Fedor never had any controversial/close wins. Jones has that. Fedor Dominated from start to finish, or he turned it around quickly and ended his opponent in great fashion.

Also, I would like to see how John would due with 10min first rounds....

A lot of people think Arona beat Fedor. It was a closer fight than Jones v Gus.

If Tillus and Green and Bonecrusher and Tony Tucker could last 10-12 rounds against Tyson in his prime, you better believe Ali and Joe Louis and the like could. And you better believe that if they did, they would be the ones getting their hands raised when the dust settled.
This is a good point.

He has to fight at HW.

He already is the LHW GOAT.

If he beats Gus, Rumble and DC again then he is 100%, no question the GOAT.

Has to beat Werdum.

Nah... He doesn't.

I think he would kill Werdum but he doesn't have to beat him.

People consider GSP the GOAT, did he beat Anderson? People consider Anderson the GOAT, did he beat Jon? People consider Aldo the GOAT, did he beat Pettis?

Jon Jones is a natural LHW, all he has to do is beat those 3 and he is the GOAT. IMO, he already is the GOAT.

Nah... He doesn't.

I think he would kill Werdum but he doesn't have to beat him.

People consider GSP the GOAT, did he beat Anderson? People consider Anderson the GOAT, did he beat Jon? People consider Aldo the GOAT, did he beat Pettis?

Jon Jones is a natural LHW, all he has to do is beat those 3 and he is the GOAT. IMO, he already is the GOAT.

No one considers GSP the GOAT. People Consider Fedor the GOAT.

Jon Jones is bigger than his opponents, vastly larger.

You have to be a HW to be GOAT. It is not realistic. The GOAT is the biggest and baddest man on the planet, Jones is not that.

No one considers GSP the GOAT. People Consider Fedor the GOAT.

Jon Jones is bigger than his opponents, vastly larger.

You have to be a HW to be GOAT. It is not realistic. The GOAT is the biggest and baddest man on the planet, Jones is not that.

Lol no you don't have to be a HW to be the GOAT, who the hell said that? GOAT is based on skill and legacy.

You can feel free to believe that, but stop stating your opinions like everyone else shares them.

Plenty of people consider GSP and Anderson the GOAT. Just look around this forum...

Lol no you don't have to be a HW to be the GOAT, who the hell said that? GOAT is based on skill and legacy.

You can feel free to believe that, but stop stating your opinions like everyone else shares them.

Plenty of people consider GSP and Anderson the GOAT. Just look around this forum...

That is not realistic, that is fantasy. GSP and Anderson can't beat the Top 50 of the HW division, so they're obviously not the GOAT.

You must be new to the forum seeing as Fedor has won every single GOAT poll to brace the Sherdog forums. As well as a majority of fighters announcing Fedor as GOAT.

You can live in your fantasy world brother. But we all know the Top 50 Heavyweights of the World crush Silva and GSP, skills and accomplishments don't really mean shit when it's fight time buds.

EDIT: I see your joindate now. You have a lot of catching up to do, young blood.

That is not realistic, that is fantasy. GSP and Anderson can't beat the Top 50 of the HW division, so they're obviously not the GOAT.

You must be new to the forum seeing as Fedor has won every single GOAT poll to brace the Sherdog forums. As well as a majority of fighters announcing Fedor as GOAT.

You can live in your fantasy world brother. But we all know the Top 50 Heavyweights of the World crush Silva and GSP, skills and accomplishments don't really mean shit when it's fight time buds.

GOAT means something different to you than it does to me, then. There are weight classes for a reason..

If you are in a weight class where the competition is deeper than any weight classes above you, and you are more dominant and impressive than any other fighter in any other weight class, you are the GOAT.

Whether Bigfoot Silva would crush Aldo or not is irrelevant, we all know Aldo is a much more skilled fighter.

He already is.

8 years in undefeated, let that sink in, Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor, Hughes, BJ, Randy, Nog, Hendo all lost in their first 8 years, UFC LHW Champ, record for most defenses in that division, wins over DC, Gus, Glover, Vitor, Chael, Shogun, Bader, Machida, Rampage, Rashad.

No one compares, the only person who could beat Jon Jones is Jon Jones himself.
yeah I agree

GOAT means something different to you than it does to me. There are weight classes for a reason..

If you are in a weight class where the competition is deeper than any weight classes above you, and you are more dominant and impressive than any other fighter in any other weight class, you are the GOAT.

Yah, that's why you can be the GOAT of your division. GOAT is reserved for the absolute best and baddest man on the planet. GSP and Silva are not the baddest man on the Planet.

Once again, you're living in fantasy. It's impressive in context. But that's it context. Fantasy context.

One thing that stands out to me when you compare the Fedor 1st 8 Years and Jones,

Fedor never had any controversial/close wins. Jones has that. Fedor Dominated from start to finish, or he turned it around quickly and ended his opponent in great fashion.

Also, I would like to see how John would due with 10min first rounds....

BS, a lot of people thought he should have lost to Arona.

Yah, that's why you can be the GOAT of your division. GOAT is reserved for the absolute best and baddest man on the planet. GSP and Silva are not the baddest man on the Planet.

Once again, you're living in fantasy. It's impressive in context. But that's it context. Fantasy context.

So you think Bob Sapp is closer to being the GOAT than Jose Aldo?

So you think Bob Sapp is closer to being the GOAT than Jose Aldo?

I never said that. Aldo is one of the greatest of all time no doubt. He just isn't the greatest because guys like Bob Sapp can put him down.

Back