• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If fury beat usyk he will cement as the greatest hw of all time.

Eh not a chance. Lennox has a better resume so even #1 in Britain is pushing it big time.His catalogue of wins Tyson/Holyfield/Vitali/ and other staples wins are better. Lennox resume is stacked. Outside of Wlad/Wilder/Whyte. Fury wins are way off any mention of goat. He needs to smash Usyk, Joshua and a few more names before this question is even asked.

Fury has a win over 40 year old Wlad in a type of fight that makes BB vs. Ngannou seem high paced, and then the two big wins over Wilder.

He also has two goodish wins over Chisora and Whyte but his resume is very flat outside of being undefeated.

Maybe with an Usyk win he can surpass Lennox for greatest British HW, but GOAT HW is lol.
Lewis is arguably goat HW lol

Lewis is arguably goat HW lol

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

So you think beating Wilder and Usyk would make the greatest HW resume of all time?

Everyone counting out Usyk because of his size. We will see, Usyk's just as skilled.

Everyone counting out Usyk because of his size. We will see, Usyk's just as skilled.
He said he only wants to fight one more time. Sorry, the "greatest of all time" needs to do more than beat Joshua and Usyk.

Last edited:
So beating a CW makes you go from outside top 10 to the GOAT now

Usyk was given hell by Chisora's pressure. When Joshua actually fought like a heavyweight that wanted to inflict damage and come forward he hurt Usyk several times.
Usyk is special fighter. He is P4P right now and still criminally underrated.
I just think Fury can do things that AJ can't. I think Fury can put on a pace and pressure that can break most current fighters. Then add the ridiculous size advantage. Also, Fury might could compete with Usyk at a distance too. AJ was unable to and threw away many early rounds by trying to fight like a smaller more skilled guy.

Fury's resume is ultra weak compared to all time great fighters. There are plenty dangerous HW to fight now and he is not really active. Also, he has had multiple extended layoffs throughout his career. You need more than 3 big name fights to be an all time great. Especially since Usyk isn't really a HW.

I like Usyk. I think he could beat anyone on any given night, but Fury is the rightful favorite because "an all time great" giant heavyweight should be expected to beat the much smaller guy coming up.

He said "Arguably" and I'd say thats reasonable. Who has a better resume than Lewis aside from Ali? Lewis beat everyone he ever fought and fought pretty much every big name in his weight class, aside from Bowe, who ducked him shamelessly.

Lewis getting slept twice during his prime doesn’t help his legacy either though.

Nah. If he beats Usyk his resume would finally start being in the line with the crazy hype hes been getting though.

It would benefit his P4P rankings significantly more than his HW rankings. Isn't that common sense? He has barely fought at HW.

Fury and Joshua are not the paths to HW immortality. Come on man...

I will, but seriously you are living in the past.
All sports evolved, from tennis to soccer... but not yours, your sport is special, right?

Soccer devolved with the ticky tack fouls, dives, and rules changes.
Just because you make it easier to score, doesn't mean the guys scoring are better, or "more evolved".

Tennis?
Who on earth gives a shit about Tennis?

I will, but seriously you are living in the past.
All sports evolved, from tennis to soccer... but not yours, your sport is special, right?

The only reason mma has evolved is because people have become more well-rounded since its inception. Other sports don't work like that.

There aren't currently running backs in the NFL as good as Barry Sanders was in the 90s. George Best, Pele and Maradona are still widely considered the best 3 footballers of all time and that isn't likely to change.

You've confused a young sport like mma where people didn't know what worked and what didn't, with old sports that have reached their own ceilings in terms of learning. With thinking like that are you gonna tell me that today's boxers handily beat people like Robinson or Hagler?

I wish i was alive in 100 years time when boxing has evolved so much that journeymen are better than today's P4P elite and they have to fight 5 times in one night just to have a proper workout...

Lewis getting slept twice during his prime doesn’t help his legacy either though.
Ali lost to Ken Norton.
Joe Louis got wrecked by Schmelling.
I mean, outside your top 3 (Who I have as Ali, Lewis and Louis) who is there? Who accomplished more than Lewis?

Lewis fought everyone and he beat everyone. Its hard to come up with a relevant name in his era he didn't fight.

The only reason mma has evolved is because people have become more well-rounded since its inception. Other sports don't work like that.

There aren't currently running backs in the NFL as good as Barry Sanders was in the 90s. George Best, Pele and Maradona are still widely considered the best 3 footballers of all time and that isn't likely to change.

You've confused a young sport like mma where people didn't know what worked and what didn't, with old sports that have reached their own ceilings in terms of learning. With thinking like that are you gonna tell me that today's boxers handily beat people like Robinson or Hagler?

I wish i was alive in 100 years time when boxing has evolved so much that journeymen are better than today's P4P elite and they have to fight 5 times in one night just to have a proper workout...

I wasn't talking about MMA, I was talking about most sports. MMA is actually too young as a sport to be counted, I agree.

No idea about NFL, I'm European. How about baseball and basketball?

Today's top soccer teams would beat the 70s or 80s soccer teams, come on. Also, Messi and Ronaldo are considered the best, not only Pele and Maradona.

Todays tennis players would beat the past tennis players. They just got better. More money, more talent pool, better training methods, better nutrition... better PEDs (applies to every sport)

Just look at the individual sports like running or swimming or powerlifting or olympic lifting or many other sports... how many records from the 60s and 70s are still standing?

Tennis?
Who on earth gives a shit about Tennis?

Apparently many people since many tennis players are rich.

Back