If Kattar beats Holloway, how surprised would you be?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This seems like a prime time match up.

Kattar is the underdog here but as I think about it, I feel like it can go either way...

No idea who will win but I expect it to be pretty competitive..

im_shocked.gif

I have a feeling that Max's past wars may be catching up to him, and Kattar is a heavy hitter

I favor kattar in this fight. STRONG boxing and footwork, and only really loses to leg kicks/takedowns, which I don't see max getting.

Not at all. Kattar has hands. The man's pugilism is beautiful to behold.

This is a three round fight, either guy could win.

Max is a slight favorite, likely due to coming out strongly and going strike for strike with Volkanovski the first 2.5 rounds of the fight. We have also seen Kattar occasionally start slow and he is going to need to throw more than usual to maintain the same pace as Max.

Edit: This is actually a five round main event, so ignore this.

Last edited:
Kattar throws harder punches I'm convinced. Not that surprised if he did win

I'm on the record for saying Kattar dusts Holloway in this Max is in for rude awakening

Kattar's BIG break

We'll have to wait and see if he grabs the bull by the balls

We are in the thick of the new breed coming through... so wouldn't be that shocking
With that said, Max is relatively still young as well... and who's to say he hasn't hit his peak yet?

Gonna be a BANGER fo sho

This is a very high level fight that is hard to pick. Kattar is legit af, but max has been in there with the best. Could go either way. I’m slightly leaning towards max in a methodical striking match. Kattar can put anyone away though. His boxing is strong.

This seems like a prime time match up.

Kattar is the underdog here but as I think about it, I feel like it can go either way...

No idea who will win but I expect it to be pretty competitive..

Not surprised. I'm picking him to win, although I do think it's realistically as close to a 50/50 fight as I can remember.

This is a three round fight, either guy could win.

Max is a slight favorite, likely due to coming out strongly and going strike for strike with Volkanovski the first 2.5 rounds of the fight. We have also seen Kattar occasionally start slow and he is going to need to throw more than usual to maintain the same pace as Max.

This is a five round fight.

Kattar is very good. But if the Max that dusted Aldo twice shows up, I think Max wins. That version of Max is the best 145er I've ever seen. Ridiculous pace and volume, phenomenal technique and footwork, unlimited cardio, uncrackable chin. Kattar definitely has the power advantage, but Max has proven basically impossible to KO at this point. I've got Max winning a decision here, but I think it'll be a close great fight.

Kattar is very good. But if the Max that dusted Aldo twice shows up, I think Max wins. That version of Max is the best 145er I've ever seen. Ridiculous pace and volume, phenomenal technique and footwork, unlimited cardio, uncrackable chin. Kattar definitely has the power advantage, but Max has proven basically impossible to KO at this point. I've got Max winning a decision here, but I think it'll be a close great fight.

I honestly think that Aldo was the only high level striker Max ever beat, and Aldo had the edge until he gassed, which seems to be a trend with Aldo lately. Kattar isn't 5'7 and he isn't going to gas in 7 minutes like Aldo did. I think regardless of what Max shows up, he's in for a tough fight.

No surprise at all. As a Max fan Kattar worries me more than anyone else besides maybe Topuria or maybe Bryce but those 2 are a ways away from the top of the food chain.

In a 5 rounder I think Kattar might be on Max/Volk level b/c I think those 2 are a tier above everyone else right now. I also think if anyone in the division can break that iron chin of Max its Kattar so Im very worried. Zabit has lost basically every 3rd round to good comp and i dont trust him for 5 rounds. Yair is explosive but predictable.

KZ isnt on that level. Ortega made improvements but he still isnt on Volk/Max level. KZ barely threw any feints and Brian got off anything he wanted that isnt happening against Max/Volk/Kattar. Emmett has a punchers chance but I dont think hes on that level for 5 either

I see this being an extremely even and competitive fight

If I wasn’t addicted to gambling and trying to take a break from it, I’d throw a chunk of change on Kattar winning a split decision/UD. Probably even do a prop bet on Kattar sleeping Max for the heck of it. Gonna be a good fight regardless who wins.

Holloway is going the way of Aldo before him. He's been in top tier wars for about 5 years now and his style isn't prone to longevity at the top. He's still a great fighter and may win this one. But even though he's only 29, I see his time as a title contender coming to a close.

Back