If PFL buys bellytore

Bowel-forged Stool

Manlet belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What’s next for our boy Scot Coker?
ImmenseFriendlyAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

Not sure, but if he is to keep going with his ambition of being in the fight game he needs revamped his business model. This will be the 2nd Organization he folds in the past decade and 3 in his career. I've been saying it for a while, he's too nice that is why many fighters in Bellator took advantage of this and for good contracts for what some of them offered. Coker ultimately agreeing with M-1/Fedor was also one of the reasons Strikeforce fell.

Coker overall leans too heavily on freakshow fights between guys who are far over the hill. Lately, Bellator hasn't even had those, and really it's just evaporated from relevance.

What he did always manage to execute were cross-promotional ventures, and that worked very well with Strikeforce due to them also managing to acquire the EliteXC contracts when that promotion folded. That, and then working with Dream, brought in a huge influx of upcoming and established talent. Nonetheless, the numbers didn't support the business model, and they weren't making the advertising and sponsor revenue they needed to flourish.

I like Coker as a promoter. He does put on good shows. Strikeforce folded because the Diaz Bros fighting on CBS. They pretty much got a big paycheck from Strikeforce then ran off to the UFC after getting them kicked off CBS.

Signing Fedor wasn’t a good deal either. His Russian handlers were schemers and they kept on trying to renegotiate after every fight.

It's not happening but if it did Coker would be good in a talent relations role. I don't think he's a very good promoter but he is good with the fighters. Rarely hear any say anything bad about him.

Not sure, but if he is to keep going with his ambition of being in the fight game he needs revamped his business model. This will be the 2nd Organization he folds in the past decade and 3 in his career. I've been saying it for a while, he's too nice that is why many fighters in Bellator took advantage of this and for good contracts for what some of them offered. Coker ultimately agreeing with M-1/Fedor was also one of the reasons Strikeforce fell.
Is that how you look at it? I looked at is as Coker built Strikeforce into something it’s competitors wanted to buy. Would Bellator be any different if it was bought?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back