If UFC makes Israel vs Strickland..

SenorKnowsAlot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, Dricus can't hit a date?, or at least if that is the story they want to tell, then Sean Strickland gets a TS ? Lol. Because the presser shit talk would be good? So f'n cringe. And honestly an insult to any legit fan of the sport. Granted, has not been confirmed, but if that fight gets made over Dricus or Khamzat (with a win), then it should open the doors wide open for fighters to be better shit talkers at pressers that actual pure sport/competion. I know, has already happened (Mrcgregor set that blueprint long ago), but this would just be weird and ridiculous. Honestly, that whole division is on some weird momentum at the moment. Costa upsetting Khamzat would be the greatest thing for it. But the UFC knows what sells, Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, NOT filet mignon. Cheers. Burp.

Another concerned mma citizen talking about the integrity of the sport when the only guy who can actually step up that hasn’t already lost to the champion or is coming off a loss is given a title shot against a guy who everyone knows has been booked to fight someone, anyone, for months at this point

It is what it is, you can't really fault them in this case. Izzy wants to fight and Strickland is the only guy ready. Izzy fights every two weeks or so, we'll get our tasty DDP title fight soon enough. Or we'll get a crazy upset.

We've seen much worse. Nothing to complain about here.

Typical sherdog.
Izzy stays active as a champion so no problem here IMO. They want Izzy on the card in Sydney. It is only 6 weeks away from now 9 weeks from Duplessi's win over Bobby K. If he can't/won't make it Izzy needs to fight someone. DDP should have taken the fight and pulled out if he could not make it. He risks losing it if Costa vs Khamzat is something special. Especially if Khamzat wins big and comes out unscathed.

So, Dricus can't hit a date?, or at least if that is the story they want to tell, then Sean Strickland gets a TS ? Lol. Because the presser shit talk would be good? So f'n cringe. And honestly an insult to any legit fan of the sport. Granted, has not been confirmed, but if that fight gets made over Dricus or Khamzat (with a win), then it should open the doors wide open for fighters to be better shit talkers at pressers that actual pure sport/competion. I know, has already happened (Mrcgregor set that blueprint long ago), but this would just be weird and ridiculous. Honestly, that whole division is on some weird momentum at the moment. Costa upsetting Khamzat would be the greatest thing for it. But the UFC knows what sells, Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, NOT filet mignon. Cheers. Burp.
Two things that you should consider more heavily:
1. It's already pretty difficult to put on title fights and UFC is doing what they can to keep making title fights happen.
2. It's not as much about trash talk in this case. Instead, everyone ahead of Strickland either already lost to Izzy, lost their last fight, or both.

Strickland is 8-2 in his last 10, with one of them being against the guy who knocked out Izzy
Plus he will get under Izzy’s skin

with that said I don’t see how he wins and it will keep Izzy vs DDP in place for the king of Africa

Izzy padding his record after running from Poatan

I am not a Strickland fan... but you seem to want no fights for the champion for half a year or more? Why?

It is what it is, you can't really fault them in this case. Izzy wants to fight and Strickland is the only guy ready. Izzy fights every two weeks or so, we'll get our tasty DDP title fight soon enough. Or we'll get a crazy upset.
typical wwe mma fan. believe everything they hear. I love ppl like you.

Yeah, there's been much, much worse than this. Not a particularly exciting matchup, but there's not many alternatives for Izzy.

I want to see it for the shit talk, I personally like Sean..

My problem is, it's the first title fight in the UFC (wmma doesn't count... For anything) in a very long time where I just don't see how Sean can win the fight at all. I can't truthfully give him any avenue for victory even as a fan. It definitely takes some excitement out of the fight.

Bizarre OP.

Dricus is injured and can’t do the quick turnaround. Izzy IS fighting in September. But this guy is talking about Borz getting it with a win.. Borz IS NOT fighting until October.

Time is an actual thing.

Fuck me..

200.gif

Israel is one of the most active champions we've had. I have no problem with keeping him busy until Dricus is ready

Back