If you are Jon Jones would you fight Stipe or Aspinall for your legacy retirement fight?

If you are Jon Jones would you fight Stipe or Aspinall for your legacy retirement fight?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Jon Jones beats old Stipe who hasn't fought for 3 years, is that even a big deal for his legacy?

But if he beats Aspinall would that cement his legacy as the GOAT even more so?

Pros in fighting Stipe. He's considered by some the greatest HW fighter.

Pros in fighting Aspinall. Current interim champion and a guy in his prime.

b1f98279-untitled-design-2024-01-06t180914.127.jpg

If I was fully confident I could beat Aspinall, then easily that fight.

But because Jones is one of the most hated fighters, and also because you are only as good as your last fight, Jones would undoubtedly get shitted on if he loses. E.g. when Conor lost to Khabib, he was taunted mercilessly and his legacy was in tatters.

If Jones loses to Aspinall, I can already see the front page filled with threads like "Was Jones ever that good?" "Jones is overrated" etc

If I were Jones, I had his insane skillset and career of beating up everyone I've ever fought, I'd fight Aspinall. I'd fight the biggest challenge possible to put an exclamation mark on the end of my career and prove I'm the best by a clear margin.

That's what I don't get about Jon, as good as he is, he's a headcase that lacks conviction that he can win.

That's why he partied and got wrecked on booze and coke before fights, so he had an excuse if he was beaten. That's why he has a history of doing PEDS to get an unfair advantage, that's why he always manages to do something to get out of fights with power punchers, Rumble, and Francis. The one time he did fight one in Rampage he literally extended his arms and fingers as far as they would go the entire fight and even turned tail and literally ran a few times in the fight.

well first things first if im jon jones is hiring a professional driver/black car service so I dont have to burden the world with my antics that's what I'd do If i were jon jones

Then after that's settled, we use the free money from fighting stipe to pay for the car service.

well first things first if im jon jones is hiring a professional driver/black car service so I dont have to burden the world with my antics that's what I'd do If i were jon jones

Then after that's settled, we use the free money from fighting stipe to pay for the car service.
I mean even if Jones did have a driver that's not enough to keep him out of trouble. He has to stop drinking and doing drugs. Otherwise no one's butthole is safe

Stipe is the smarter fight for Jones if it is his last fight. Who wants to fight a younger more skilled opponent and jeopardize his record?

Whichever Dana pays more for. Which is Stipe cause Dana is hell-bent on having that happen to one-up GSP.

If you’re Jon Jones then Stipe is the least risky proposition for maintaining your legacy (that’s already tarnished by steroids, drugs, alcohol and domestic violence lol).

Aspinal could injure his leg again and never fight again. Then Jones legacy would be fucked.
Stipe was marketed as the HW goat, back when he brought money. But he still brings 4x the money than Aspinall

If I was considered the greatest ever, I wouldn't fight a 42 year old in my retirement fight when there's an active interim champ, one with a potential title defense. Losing to Stipe would also have the most catastrophic consequences for Jones' legacy, whereas a loss to Aspinall wouldn't damage it at all.

If Jon Jones beats old Stipe who hasn't fought for 3 years, is that even a big deal for his legacy?

But if he beats Aspinall would that cement his legacy as the GOAT even more so?

Pros in fighting Stipe. He's considered by some the greatest HW fighter.

Pros in fighting Aspinall. Current interim champion and a guy in his prime.

b1f98279-untitled-design-2024-01-06t180914.127.jpg
If Jon is actually retiring after 1 more fight I would prefer to see them fight for a special "Legacy" belt and let the HW title and division move on. If Jon is set on retiring it makes no sense for the UFC to have him fight Aspinall. If he wins and retires then you have a vacant title and who fights for it???

But if I am Jon I am a bit of a scumbag and I would do exactly what Jon is doing.

Back