If you could go back in time to see a concert from an artist who died, who would it be?

Otto!

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let’ say some time traveler shows up and offers you to go back in time for one night only, but it has to be for a live concert, more specifically from an artist who is no longer around.

For me it would be a tough choice between John Coltrane, Miles Davis and Stevie Ray Vaughn. All brilliant musicians and all time favourites of mine.

If I have to only pick one it would be Stevie for sure. Easily of one the top 10 guitar players of all time in my book.

What say you?

Can I choose the whole Woodstock festival? I'd gladly kill any surviving artists if I can go back there

Pink Floyd in Pompeii would be amazing, not a concert as such as no one was there, but I could twang the tangerine or something

And yeah, let me tour the jazz clubs of Paris in the 60's so I can see all the greats up close and personal

Can I choose the whole Woodstock festival? I'd gladly kill any surviving artists if I can go back there

Pink Floyd in Pompeii would be amazing, not a concert as such as no one was there, but I could twang the tangerine or something

And yeah, let me tour the jazz clubs of Paris in the 60's so I can see all the greats up close and personal
Seeing Hendrix in Woodstock would have been a religious experience for me.

I get the feeling that of all Sherdog posters you’d be the one who would have felt the most at home in Woodstock.

Prime MJ
Prime Prince

I also think going to see a Beethoven or Mozart would be incredible

Prime Prince and Prime Hendrix would be amazing.

Hell I'd want to sit in on the jam session Hendrix had with Cream that caused Clapton to have a panic attack and storm off the stage in an empty venue. They found Clapton backstage with his hands trembling, fumbling a cigarette and saying "you didn't tell me he was THAT fucking good".

Let’ say some time traveler shows up and offers you to go back in time for one night only, but it has to be for a live concert, more specifically from an artist who is no longer around.

For me it would be a tough choice between John Coltrane, Miles Davis and Stevie Ray Vaughn. All brilliant musicians and all time favourites of mine.

If I have to only pick one it would be Stevie for sure. Easily of one the top 10 guitar players of all time in my book.

What say you?

My oldman met and hung out with Stevie Ray after a concert in Auckland NZ in the mid 80s. Stevie had a kiwi missus at the time and spent a lot of time in NZ.

Last edited:
Back