If you ever feel like a moron, just remember this

Thanks for the clarity. I do feel like a moron with MMA. I thought Izzy would beat Strickland. I thought Fury would beat Ngannou silly in a boxing ring.

But an NFL linebacker can absolutely beat up Khabib in a street fight. The odds are probably 3/7, or 4/6….In an octagon, nah. Beeb taps them in 5 minutes or mr. NFL quit/tap from getting tied up and punched in the face repeatedly.

Like that time Roger Huerta knocked out an All American linebacker in Austin..

Kind of silly to keep using this as an example of "MMA fighter vs Football player." The guy had just hit a woman, so yeah he had it coming. But he was in a scuffle with like 4 other people, in traffic, drunk. It's not like they squared up one on one on a sidewalk and started swinging.

Also he wasn't an actual NCAA All American, he made the "The Sporting News Freshman All American Team" that's like being ranked a top 15 up and comer by MMAfighting.com but not being ranked at all in the UFC. After that year he was never even all conference, best he got was honorable mention.

Reactions: OGL
This, People seem to forget or don’t know how physics work.

It matters when there's some comparison in skill level. It's not going to matter when some athletic big dude gets tripped and ends up under someone like Khabib. They'd be absolutely fucked.

Obviously they'd close the gap with a bit of training.

Because skills are similar, of course size is going to matter there.

It matters when it is Ngannou vs Usman, not when it is Usman vs some lardass in the NFL
So what's the heaviest weight class this guy could win a fight against? 6'4 320lb lardass nose tackle.
1701260755635.png

I think the Gracies said every 20 pounds is equal to a belt. So if a fighter is grappling based it has an impact.

I don't think we can say it's a blanket true statement. You never know sometimes. The fighter would 100% have a skill advantage but things happen.

I think top 185ers, 205ers and 265ers would destroy them. Lower than that, it gets tricky. An overweight low level heavyweight like Parker Porter or some little midget like Justin Gaetjhe? I don't know. Greg Hardy did ok in the UFC, how much he trained to be there anyway? He lasted 3 rounds against Volkov who knocked out Rozentruik, Overeem and Tuivasa. And it was the only time that he got outclassed, the rest of the time he just threw bombs until his cardio gave up.

Greg Hardy would demolish Khabib, Oliveira or Gaetjhe. I know there was some weirdo here saying that Cejudo would outwrestle Ivanov and easily beat him by way of having better "technique" but size matters, guys.

Back