What is the lowest UFC weight class that could consistently beat an NFL Lineman in a fight?

Mystic Mac Miller

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Given that size does matter in a fight, what is the lowest weight class in the UFC whose average fighters could probably beat an average NFL lineman in a fight?

Depends on the level of the fighter, but a top level flyweight could still beat most untrained linemen.

Strength and size do matter to a point, but a trained pro fighter against someone with no training will usually come out on top.

It really depends on who they are and if they have experience scrapping, I've beaten up big dudes who didn't know how to fight. You hit the chin of someone who can't fight they are going down.

I remember the time before my balls dropped too T.S. ..

A high level top of food chain MMA fighter in almost any weight class is going to smash someone who is untrained regardless of the size difference its literally why Martial Arts were created so that size gets taken out of the equation through the application of skill and leverage.

Only when the skill gap is similar does size matter this has been proven all the way back to the Gracie family challenges on 1980s...

Any elite trained professional fighter will beat an untrained white belt, regardless of size. That applies to even 125ers.

If you've never grappled, it feels like you're drowning when you get manhandled as a novice white belt.

I remember a 7 stone little Indian girl subbed me 3 times in a 6 min round. Lapel choke, toehold and armbar. Goodbye ego

I remember the time before my balls dropped too T.S. ..

A high level top of food chain MMA fighter in almost any weight class is going to smash someone who is untrained regardless of the size difference its literally why Martial Arts were created so that size gets taken out of the equation through the application of skill and leverage.

Only when the skill gap is similar does size matter this has been proven all the way back to the Gracie family challenges on 1980s...

You're belittling the size advantage here. Google some 16 year old wrestler outgrappling prime Ronda Rousey
Athlecism and size can bridge a good portion of skill, it doesn't have to be similar to matter or only if it's similar.

Logan Paul did not get owned by Floyd Mayweather. Age and size difference.

Phisicality matters too.

In regards to most NFL aka big athletic guys who don't got particular mma skills. It depends on their street fight experience and natural talnet and mentality.

WWs should definitely destroy them consistently.

Top 145ers like Volk and Ilia too.

Depends. Hard to say. We don't have much data.

135ers who are top guys can also destroy a lot of huge dudes.

Some these NFL line man might naturally be good fighters added with athlecism they could come out on top in some scenarios.

Last edited:
Given that size does matter in a fight, what is the lowest weight class in the UFC whose average fighters could probably beat an average NFL lineman in a fight?
Conor mcgregor was able to fight the mountain from game of thrones so I think 170.

Depends on if it's a street fight vs an MMA fight. In a street fight, even a guy like Tom Brady would beat Kai Kara France 9 times out of 10.
Based off what? These are trained fighters and the smaller guys would have a huge speed advantage. Unless some 350lb DT gets on top of a lightweight they have no chance

You're belittling the size advantage here. Google some 16 year old wrestler outgrappling prime Ronda Rousey
Athlecism and size can bridge a good portion of skill, it doesn't have to be similar to matter or only if it's similar.

Logan Paul did not get owned by Floyd Mayweather. Age and size difference.

Phisicality matters too.

In regards to most NFL aka big athletic guys who don't got particular mma skills. It depenss on their street fight experience and natural talnet and mentality.

WWs should definitely destroy them consistently.

Top 145ers like Volk and Ilia too.

Depends. Hard to say. We don't have much data.

135ers who are top guys can also destroy a lot of huge dudes.

Some these NFL line man might naturally be good fighters added with athlecism they could come out on top in some scenarios.

Mayweather beat the brakes of Logan to the point Logan told him to chill during rounds and Logan Paul or that 16 year old wrestler isnt untrained people ... which was my point... Go grab a randy 16 year old and have him fight Ronda.. hed end up scarred for life ...

Your not comparing apples to apples...

Untrained behemoth vs Higher skilled top tier trained fighter whos smaller... is the discussion...

Once the bigger guy gets some training or trains something to a semi proficient level then the size becomes a factor ..

Mayweather beat the brakes of Logan to the point Logan told him to chill during rounds and Logan Paul or that 16 year old wrestler isnt untrained people ... which was my point... Go grab a randy 16 year old and have him fight Ronda.. hed end up scarred for life ...

Your not comparing apples to apples...

Untrained behemoth vs Higher skilled top tier trained fighter whos smaller... is the discussion...

Once the bigger guy gets some training or trains something to a semi proficient level then the size becomes a factor ..

You really think guys outside of mma gyms all never had a fight and can't knock you out cause you do bjj 2 x a week ?

It's a natural ability to fight.

Back