News Ihor Potieria appeals loss against Michel Pereira

Only Here for Attachments

Deacon of the Church of St. Jon Jones
@Titanium
Reaction score

"Three well-known athletic commissions in America said it was a disqualification,” Potieria wrote on Instagram. “But the fight was in Brazil, so we’ll see what the Rio de Janeiro athletic commission says about it, because at first they also wanted to make a disqualification. I accept everything that is offered to me and I want everything to be fair.

“Of course, everyone only sees a cool somersault, but once again the rules are broken against me during a fight and I don’t want this to go unpunished again. So I’m waiting for news… One day we will meet again and the result of our fight will be completely different. Just give me time to fully prepare!"

Considering how rarely fights are reversed for things like this, doubt anything happens. Still made me chuckle, however!

Has there ever been a fight when an appeal was ever approved?

Only one that comes to mind is a Tonya Evinger fight in Invicta. She was stepping on the other girl's face to fight a submission which the ref wouldn't allow and ended up tapping. It was overturned due to "referee error" very quickly.

Apparently that's not illegal!

Only one that comes to mind is a Tonya Evinger fight in Invicta. She was stepping on the other girl's face to fight a submission which the ref wouldn't allow and ended up tapping. It was overturned due to "referee error" very quickly.
Catch-wrestling mentality, hell yeah.

tenor.gif

Back