News Ilia Topuria’s brother, Aleksandre Topuria, has signed with the UFC

FXziNRFVEAA4YAa.jpg

The guy has fought 3 times (in Spanish orgs) these last 3 years. Once every year for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

I hope everyone understands that nobody in that position would get signed by the UFC, but the last name gives him a free ride.

Being related either by blood or status as a primary training partner/protege to a big-name fighter has always made guys a shoo-in for early signing to the UFC despite their records/skills often not holding up under scrutiny. Is normal.

The guy has fought 3 times (in Spanish orgs) these last 3 years. Once every year for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

I hope everyone understands that nobody in that position would get signed by the UFC, but the last name gives him a free ride.
Combined opponents record 15-39
Seems too much too soon judging by his record, wouldn't be surprised if he goes 0-2 and cut.
Yeah we've got so many examples of High level fighters having siblings rushed into the UFC, who just haven't got it.

Francisco Figueiredo, Antonina Shevchenko, Herbert Burns all are the ones I can remember off the top of my head

Think they tried to bring in Rakhmonov's sister on DWCS, and she's only had about 3 fights

I really wish they wouldn't bring guys in purely because someone related/affiliated with them are in the UFC. Just because the first one is good doesn't mean anything about the following. Each fighter has to prove their own abilities independently.

Back