• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Ilia Topuria the most unlikeable delusional fighter of all time? (HELWANI INTERVIEW)

Only school girls care if a fighter is likable.

Do you homos share a list of all the boys in the ufc you think are the most "likeable" in your clubhouses? lmao
-Always thought it was weird that people (within reason of course) cared what a fighter had to say.
There's a huge difference between a fighter hyping a fight and telling people that he's going to beat someone (which might be enough to set a Diaz brother off,) and bringing up someone's family, race, religion, etc... essentially anything that is deeply personal.
Floyd (outside of beating his wife/partner/whatever,) Ali, and both Tysons taught us that being brash outside the 'ring' brings a lot of eyeballs.

-The Incel culture online is real; but "homos"?
Not a good look, bruh

He’s a wish.com Coner. Volk will shut him up.

Top is good, allright? But not as good as he thinks.

Kron was up there. Said pre fight he deserved someone better than Caceres for his ufc debut. Granted he made quick work of him but not Cub.

Bo’s said some pretty crazy arrogant shit too but so far has backed it up.

I’ve been a fan of his style ever since I watched him fight Jai. He’s brass and cocky but in a douche spoiled way like Ian Garry.

The guys in super confident but he is also incredibly talented.

Volk is the GOAT FW and it is not even close.. but Topuria could very well beat him.
Serious question.
If the criteria that everyone uses as GOAT for the most part is title defenses.

How can people say Volk is the GOAT FW when he hasn't defended the title more than Aldo did?

I watched his latest interview with Ariel Helwani:

He basically thinks he is already the champ, undefeated, the greatest fighter of all time.

It really goes beyond normal or even extreme levels of cocky and arrogance - he already has put in his Instagram bio that is is a UFC champ when he isnt.

Even compared to Conor grabbing the belt and stuff before the Aldo fight, you knew that it was just a joke and him trying to push Aldos buttons - which worked, but with Topuria it feels different.

However with Topuria it just comes across as complete delusion and makes him seem extremely unlikeable.

Plus he has added to it this morning saying that he wont give a title shot to other contenders:

He may be unlikable... But he is just trying to sell the fight.

He earned his shot.

Serious question.

How can people say Volk is the GOAT FW when he hasn't defended the title more than Aldo did?
Anyway, it would make more sense to wait until Volk retires. You know, the same way they don't name streets after living people, just in case they suddenly decide to resurrect the NSDAP. Or those Nobel prize winners that become totally nuts and megalomaniac.

It's not so much that having a losing streak would erase Volk's achievements, but it would give some perspective. And he could also defend 5 more times.

Topuria, I don't really mind him. Volk is probably not far from retirement, I guess we need fresh blood. If you ask me though, I'd like it if Volk knocked him out.

MMA fans are in their feelings because a cage fighter who batters other humans for a living doesn’t live up to their standard of moral & values.
I mean, that's a disgusting hobby. Ew.

Anyway, it would make more sense to wait until Volk retires. You know, the same way they don't name streets after living people, just in case they suddenly decide to resurrect the NSDAP. Or those Nobel prize winners that become totally nuts and megalomaniac.

It's not so much that having a losing streak would erase Volk's achievements, but it would give some perspective. And he could also defend 5 more times.

Topuria, I don't really mind him. Volk is probably not far from retirement, I guess we need fresh blood. If you ask me though, I'd like it if Volk knocked him out.

Good points sir, and that's why you're my ambassador ;)

Serious question.

Volk has become one of the most overhyped legacies in recent memory. He's a great champ but the way he was put up as a potential #1 goat was hilarious. The funny thing is everybody hated him when he was fighting Max, but Volk truly became the UFC baby face when he fought Islam. Anybody who becomes the main nemesis of the Khabib clan instantly gets a 10X boost on their legacy. That's why Oliveira was being hyped as the GOAT LW when he should be nowhere near that discussion (9 losses by stoppage, journeyman type numbers).

a win over cumsocks and a 38 year old josh emmett who was just choked out by yair are this clowns best wins.

theres confidence and entertaining cockiness but this guy is just a douche.

volk....humble this turd for good.

Volk has become one of the most overhyped legacies in recent memory. The funny thing is everybody hated him when he was fighting Max, but Volk truly became the UFC baby face when he fought Islam. Anybody who becomes the main nemesis of the Khabib clan instantly gets a 10X boost on their legacy. That's why Oliveira was being hyped as the GOAT LW when he should be nowhere near that discussion (9 losses by stoppage, journeyman type numbers).

Interesting.

I just think he should defend more than Aldo to become the real goat tbh.

Not even remotely close to Call the Cops Colby's level. At least Topuria is an exciting fighter and a finisher, whereas Call the Cops is a crotch-diving, feather-fisted, hover-handed fraud.

Meh, he's not my cup of tea, but imo he's just confident in himself. He's not going out of his way to personally insult his opponent or their families. I find it funny how people get more triggered by Ilia than by guys like Sean Strickland who're actual shitbags. Ilia didn't really diss anyone, he just said he's better than them.

I know. Watching the interview, he's actually pretty respectful to volk, and has always seems like a pretty charming guy in general throughout his helwani interviews. Also, people can argue till the cows come home about giving Max a shot, but personally, him saying brian and yair are nowhere close is on the money for me lol

So much cock, cock guy Topuria.

ayzVyy.gif

Interesting.

I just think he should defend more than Aldo to become the real goat tbh.
Of course he should, people were rushing him past Aldo in part as a way to diminish Khabib. Whenever i brought up Aldo there was never any good answer as to why Volk has a better FW legacy. Most they came up with was the lack of losses, ok but then you have to consider Khabib the goat if thats the metric, which of course they wouldn't lol.

I know. Watching the interview, he's actually pretty respectful to volk, and has always seems like a pretty charming guy in general throughout his helwani interviews. Also, people can argue till the cows come home about giving Max a shot, but personally, him saying brian and yair are nowhere close is on the money for me lol
Neither of those guys deserve another title shot and tbh the FW div needs new blood. The only thing that was a really bad look was him calling for the Conor fight. That's indefensible lol. I think 70% of the hate he's getting from the interview is from the part where he calls out Conor. If he had said i'll give the younger guys their shot, people would've been on his side.

Only school girls care if a fighter is likable.

Do you homos share a list of all the boys in the ufc you think are the most "likeable" in your clubhouses? lmao

We nearly literally do have a list of likable fighters—you find them in threads. And Sherdog is our metaphorical club house.

Welcome to our club house you homo school girl.

Back