Illia Topuria Is Already Becoming Insufferable

Anderson did that once and Conor never defended his belts and didn't seem like he was going to anyway, they had Nate fight him on short notice and it backfired. Anderson and Conor especially transcended the sport in their popularity. You're talking about things that are extremely unlikely to happen as if they are normal or common. Unifying the BMF belt with a real championship belt would just cause more problems for no benefit.

I don't see the UFC allowing a champion to jot fight for a belt anytime soon, like probably not even in the next 10 years unless someone else transcends the sport which I find unlikely since there's only been like 4 or less of those guys in the 30+ years the sport has existed.
Thats my whole point, to NOT unify it with a divisional belt, ie Holloway beating Islam, or Islam as BMF champion...the fight to make that doesnt mess with it is Topuria at 145 or 155 for either belt, being in the hands of the same guy doesnt mean its unified, thats my point.

Thats my whole point, to NOT unify it with a divisional belt, ie Holloway beating Islam, or Islam as BMF champion...the fight to make that doesnt mess with it is Topuria at 145 or 155 for either belt, being in the hands of the same guy doesnt mean its unified, thats my point.
That's just going to piss people off. People already don't Ike Topuria's behavior. He should just defend his belt against Holloway and if Holloway wins he vacates the BMF belt and 2 other top contenders that have fallen short fight for it. That is the whole point of that belt.

The BMF belt (in my opinion) was for the fighters that walk into the cage with zero intentions of dry-humping their opponent for 25 minutes to eke out a decision. It's a dick measuring contest and their hands, elbows and feet are the rulers. They might not ever touch a real belt in their lives, but they are worthy of our admiration to go all out to appease the just bleed gods.

Topuria begging for the BMF belt is pathetic. because let's be real here... that is EXACTLY what he is doing. He has his own belt, and his own job to do. His job is to defend the FW strap against whoever the fuck Dana and the UFC feels is worthy. Newly-crowned Topuria should shut the fuck up and stay in his own lane, he doesn't have the clout he seems to think he has.

Frankly, I don't care who Topuria fights as long as the FW title is on the line. Volk, Ortega (though I don't think he's even worthy of it atm, dude is 2-3 in his last 5 stretching back 6 years with two failed title attempts), Max... whoever.

Honestly, Max should just tell the clown to go fuck himself, and stop being so nice to him. No point in stroking Topuria's ego, it's already big enough and would simply fall on deaf ears anyway.

Ilia seems like the real deal. He is so unlikeable though and rubs most non European fans the wrong way.

People who call fighters insufferable just show how mentally weak they are that they can't "suffer" through some super tame shit.

1714630640558.jpeg

If you can knock Volk out like that you've earned the right to be insufferable.
I hope he offers Paddy a shot if he makes 145

oh now that it's Topuria who wants the BMF shit you guys want it to stop huh?

fk y'all

Topuria coming for all the belts

shawn-michaels-suck-it.gif

If topuria wins both BMF and UFC belt he is the first real double champ

Where are all these Topuria dickriders coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden?

The guy just got known and doesn't have enough of a body of work, yet people are already anointing him the one.

UFC like this talk, it gives legitimacy to the BMF belt

"Who do you want to defend your title against next?"

"Defend my title? I want real prestige. A money fight with mcgregor, an exhibition boxing match against a youtube star, or a chance at the BMF title please."
So... Ilia.... let's look at the options you came up with...

"A money fight with mcgregor"
well McGregor has bulked up a lot these days and I would say the LOWEST weight he could fight anymore at is 170lbs (maybe 165lbs....ahem!! note this 165lb wright class might happen vs Chandler, would not surprise me at all even though it was announced at 170lbs). McGregor prob walks around at 190lbs+ these days. So finding a weight class for Topuria / McGregor will be hard.
Plus McGregor is booked to fight Chandler and I am sure he'll then fight Nate Diaz afterwards (in UFC and/or BKFC).
So.... Ilia....McG ain't happening.

"an exhibition boxing match against a youtube star"
so I guess he is meaning Jake Paul? Who is 6ft tall and about 190lbs+?? Ilia you're 5'7" (on a good day) and fight at 145lbs. So Jake Paul ain't happening plus Paul has moved on from fighting ex-UFC fighters, plus Dana White has you under contract and he and Hunter Campbell simply wouldn't allow it.
So...not happening.

"a chance at the BMF title please."
this is about the only option of the 3 that might happen.
But UFC won't put TWO belts on the line for one fight, so if Topuria fights Max (I expect that is his next fight) it will be for the 145lb belt only. So....even IF Max loses, he will still be the BMF holder and UFC will like that as they could put Max on as Main Event or co-main Event as a title-holder in a future PPV.

Last edited:
Fighters seem to take the BMF belt just as serious as the UFC belt

The UFC should just make this fight happen between Ilia & Max

Both belts on the line for this one, the fight will sell

Might have been mentioned already but when Masvidal won the BMF belt, it was not up for grabs against Usman in his next fight which was only for the WW Championship... If they allowed it for Max vs Topuria then I would have to consider the lineal BMF Belt Champ...
AcyM2U.gif
Usman KO'd Mas
Leon KO'd Usman

Seems like a pretty clear BMF lineage to me

Back