I'm concerned about someone dying with the kind of fights organizations like Triller put on...

The event was good. Most matches were competitive and entertaining. The MMA guys could have won the first 6 matches. Thrall lost a close match along with Mitrione. The MMA chick beat the crap out of the boxer, but the "boxer" was 0-4. Mitrione simply gassed and used the clinch exclusively the whole 2nd half of the fight. Sure Pulev was a mismatch, but it happens. Mir had a boxing match where he didn't look horrible so maybe he thought the small ring would help. I don't think anyone expected Silva to win his boxing match either.

They need to hire good refs. Dan is a fucking retard. I wouldn't hire him to fill grocery bags.

Was there a death in bare knuckle?
Dillon Cleckler knocked Justin Thornton out. It was vicious.
What sealed the deal was that Thornton went down head first and self-DDT'd himself. Pretty grim stuff.

Mir did quite well against Steve Cunningham, so it's not crazy to think that Triller thought he stood a chance.

Thing is, Cunningham has been dunzo for about 5 years, was never a huge puncher, and a Cruiserweight at his best.
Where's the outrage for Brian Vera? He shouldn't have been in the ring IMO.
or Alexa Culp beating the absolute shite out of Angelena Hoffschneider?

The same thing would have happened to Mike Perry had his original opponent turned up.
It was a night of... who's more shot???
It was shit, and I hope they lost their shirts.
I also hope Metallica got paid in advance, 'cause Kavanaugh is a piece of work.

It's as true in boxing as it is in mma.... there's levels to this shit.

Unfortunately it could happen, that guy went easy on Mir. He was out on his feet with his hands down could’ve easily landed a clean blow to a partially conscious fighter.

The fact that they booked Holyfield for a fight when he’s almost 60 should say everything about that promoter and company
Or the AC that actually allowed it to happen, iirc they moved the event because Texas or some AC didnt cleared him, in the end is not 100% on the promoter, thats AC job, they promote what they think the people will pay to see, its AC job to say it goes or not.

It's sad but Mir made 7 figures for that fight. The promotion is still working the MMA vs Boxing angle. The MMA guys aren't paid based on their boxing skills.

Dana let bj fight all these years nothing new
Other than Mayweather vs Conor (which was a gigantic PPV, which makes the corruption more understandable, and at least his experience as a striker meant something), not sure there has been more of a dichotomy of experience that shouldn't be allowed than a ranked HW fighting an 0-1 Frank Mir.

Frank Mir is not much older than a lot ufc current fighters being sanctioned to fight so stop whining

Mir did quite well against Steve Cunningham, so it's not crazy to think that Triller thought he stood a chance.

Thing is, Cunningham has been dunzo for about 5 years, was never a huge puncher, and a Cruiserweight at his best.
Where's the outrage for Brian Vera? He shouldn't have been in the ring IMO.
or Alexa Culp beating the absolute shite out of Angelena Hoffschneider?

The same thing would have happened to Mike Perry had his original opponent turned up.
It was a night of... who's more shot???
It was shit, and I hope they lost their shirts.
I also hope Metallica got paid in advance, 'cause Kavanaugh is a piece of work.

It's as true in boxing as it is in mma.... there's levels to this shit.
If the boxer wins its because they are boxers and superior to mma in striking. If the mma fighter wins its because the boxer sucks or there are "levels."
I expected Mir, Mitrione, and Perry to get starched and only Mir got destroyed. Perry won a good close fight, and Mitrione knocked his guy down once, and used the huggy bear offense over half the fight. Alot of people feel Matt still should have won. Thrall lost a super close banger fight, and Tumerov(sp?) blanked what was supposedly a good boxer. Silva who is old and washed in MMA best Chavez Jr fairly easily in my opinion
I do agree Kavanaugh came off like a POS, and fat Joe and whoever the 2 guys with him were, were very obnoxious. The play by play was pretty good though

Bro u got it all wrong it was rope a dope tactic

People died in such things, recently a girl died becasue she got hurt in a boxing match; that fight was clearly a mismatch. as long as there's money involved and people who needs it, promotions will continue to do stuff like Mir fighting a guy who had a legit boxing background whereas mir's prime got lost because of that accident he had.

Honestly I'm surprised someone hasn't died in the UFC yet with the amount of fights they put on. All it takes is a perfect storm. It's not like the UFC don't put on mismatches. There's practically one every card. It doesn't even necessarily have to happen in cage but that's even more likely.

Here's a female fighter who died doing a weight cut for a MT bout in Australia.

Honestly even if some roided up freak kills their opponent in the cage I seriously doubt anything would happen to change the system. Everybody is going to be blamed but the promotion. Bad weight cut was a factor? Oh it's the fighter's fault for choosing to go on to fight. Opponent pumped full of steroids and EPO swinging for the fences non stop? It's their fault seeing as there's USADA which is the gold standard so the promotion did everything they could to avoid it.

There's something else too. There's an unspoken weeding out that happens in gyms that prep fighters. The ones that can't take a shot or punch or get ruined after just one bad sparring session you never hear of them. If they made it into the UFC or the top of boxing or whatever they are already superhuman in their toughness. Something has to go catastrophically wrong or most likely a series of things have to for someone to get very seriously hurt or killed. But eventually it will happen.

I tuned in for a couple of the main event fights, but had a bad feeling about Puliev vs Mir. Watching both of them warmup in the back, it was obvious that Frank was about to get flat lined. This fight shouldn’t of been sanctioned. It was so painful listening to these clueless personalities discuss MMA vs Boxing. These events are a result of the sad reality of fighter pay. A lot of these veterans are broke and willing to get destroyed by boxers for what I doubt is more than 50-100k. Sad. Mike Perry winning was the only satisfaction I got from that event. Fuck Triller, I’m glad I illegally streamed the fuck out of it.

I tuned in for a couple of the main event fights, but had a bad feeling about Puliev vs Mir. Watching both of them warmup in the back, it was obvious that Frank was about to get flat lined. This fight shouldn’t of been sanctioned. It was so painful listening to these clueless personalities discuss MMA vs Boxing. These events are a result of the sad reality of fighter pay. A lot of these veterans are broke and willing to get destroyed by boxers for what I doubt is more than 50-100k. Sad. Mike Perry winning was the only satisfaction I got from that event. Fuck Triller, I’m glad I illegally streamed the fuck out of it.
Literally Boxers only took 2 fights 1st was a SD and the Mir KO
Meathead got robbed so the MMA fighters actually cleaned house

If the boxer wins its because they are boxers and superior to mma in striking. If the mma fighter wins its because the boxer sucks or there are "levels."
I expected Mir, Mitrione, and Perry to get starched and only Mir got destroyed. Perry won a good close fight, and Mitrione knocked his guy down once, and used the huggy bear offense over half the fight. Alot of people feel Matt still should have won. Thrall lost a super close banger fight, and Tumerov(sp?) blanked what was supposedly a good boxer. Silva who is old and washed in MMA best Chavez Jr fairly easily in my opinion
I do agree Kavanaugh came off like a POS, and fat Joe and whoever the 2 guys with him were, were very obnoxious. The play by play was pretty good though
The “ VIP area” was a veritable douche patrol.

Back