Honest ranking of UFC 300 fights so far....

You have to think, we aren't going to have UFC 400 until 2032. So that being said as a card that comes every 8 years, it's a C for me. I'd obviously give it an A if it wasn't supposed to be the "best card of the decade". If Main event delivers then I'll raise my ranking.

He lost to TWO guys, and he lost to one of those guys THREE times.
The dustin fight almost 5 years ago? he’s just as good as he’s ever been he’s just lost to better fighters it doesn’t take away from his fight with Justin

The dustin fight almost 5 years ago? he’s just as good as he’s ever been he’s just lost to better fighters it doesn’t take away from his fight with Justin
And I gave his fight the highest ranking on the entire UFC 300 card.

That said, I wouldn't call it an A or an A+ matchup, neither guy is champ, and combined they're 0-5 in the last 5 title fights. Also Max moved up to LW once, and it didn't work out for him at all. To make matters worse, the guy who beat him just got flatlined by the LW he's fighting next, and a lot of people here are not giving Max much of a chance (although I disagree and still think it's a very interesting fight)

Gaethje vs Max = A...2 Legends throwing down, Max has ample time to prepare his frame. Gaethje has the power but Max has the youth.

Charles vs Arman = A...Both coming off KOs of Dariush, Legend vs Hype Train. LW Elites. Doesn't get much better than this except no title at stake.

Zhang vs Xiaonon = B+...WMMA but the highest level. If Xiaonon's tdd &/or get-ups are on point this is 50/50. Either someone goes down or it's a 5 round classic.

Jiri vs Rakic = B+...Winner stays in the top5/title hunt, loser gatekeeps the top 5 at least briefly. If Rakic was more exciting this would be an A easy.

Fig vs Cody = B+...I don't see either making a serious run at BW Gold but there is beef & they like to swang. Cody does have youth on his side but Figgy gives me Yoel vibes so I think he ages well, even for 135.

Kattar vs Sterling = B...Not the ideal fights for either man(Yair/Aljo, Ortega/Kattar) but I've always enjoyed watching both. I think Kattar boxes him up or gets grapplefucked for 15 mins. Maybe a mixture & FOTN sleeper?

Holly vs Kayla = D+...135 for Kayla? LOL. Holly at nearly 43? LOL. Intrigue for Kayla's health/debut, I guess??

Bo Nikal vs Brundage = D...Seriously, WTF are we doing? Weidman is literally fighting 2 weeks earlier & we could have done the torch-passing. I'd never wish injury on anyone but if Brundage & Bruno(gonna kill tEH Chris) both had to pullout next week and Nickal/Weidman was booked it would get an A.

Miller vs Green = C+...2 recognizable journeymen in the deepest division in MMA. Everyone wanted Jim Miller on the card so C+ may be harsh to some.

Andrande vs Marina = C+...WMMA but Andrade is a glass cannon at this point & Marina will oblige. Someone's going down.

Yousuff vs Lopes = B+...Two 145ers who fight to finish. Lopes has serious serious star potential imo & is facing his toughest test since pushing Evloev to the limit on short-notice.

I'm not a big fan of WMMA but always had a soft spot for Andrade cause win or lose she's coming for the kill. But not very consistent lately.
Andrade has too much mental baggage... Great fighter on the right day, but Weili and Yan always had her number.

I'm in the "WMMA is great when they're elite, but generally poor at the lower end" camp... This is a great fight though, and won't be a let-down.

Says a lot about both that they're being trusted with 300... This would have sold out immediately in China at a later stage.

And I gave his fight the highest ranking on the entire UFC 300 card.

That said, I wouldn't call it an A or an A+ matchup, neither guy is champ, and combined they're 0-5 in the last 5 title fights. Also Max moved up to LW once, and it didn't work out for him at all. To make matters worse, the guy who beat him just got flatlined by the LW he's fighting next, and a lot of people here are not giving Max much of a chance (although I disagree and still think it's a very interesting fight)
Max moved up on 8 weeks notice and his chin STILL did better than Gaethje's just 1 year prior. Gaethje knocked out silk-sheets Poirier, not the 'waiting to be #PaidInFull' guy.

How many 145ers have moved up and been better? Charles, Dustin, Hooker to name a few

Max moved up on 8 weeks notice and his chin STILL did better than Gaethje's just 1 year prior. Gaethje knocked out silk-sheets Poirier, not the 'waiting to be #PaidInFull' guy.

How many 145ers have moved up and been better? Charles, Dustin, Hooker to name a few
And again, I gave Max Fight the highest ranking on the entire card, and for the most part, I agree with you.

That said, LW Max coming off 4 losses in his past 10 fights does not carry the same aura of champion Max on a 13 fight win streak, just facts.

I’d rate the card a B- a big main event brings it to A-

Holm vs Harrison, And no vs brundage stop it from being an A+ no matter what the main event

You gave it more harsh scores than me, but you think it's B overall?

If you actually average out your grades (it's pretty easy, imagine A is a 5, B is a 4, C is a 3, etc...) your overall grade for the fights is more like D+ or maybe C-.
Well, not exaclty, I give better grades to almost every figth ( and I forgot to put Arman vs Charles in my original post, an that's a A for me)
I just lowered the chicks, and I will dont watch those.
If I'm putting it in numbers 7/10 or 7.5/10 is an honest grade to me.

Well, not exaclty, I give better grades to almost every figth ( and I forgot to put Arman vs Charles in my original post, an that's a A for me)
I just lowered the chicks, and I will dont watch those.
If I'm putting it in numbers 7/10 or 7.5/10 is an honest grade to me.
Yeah, I agree with that, about a 7 out of 10 maybe. An epic main event could bump it up to an 8, but overall it falls a bit short for the expectation, considering how they market this event.

You gave it more harsh scores than me, but you think it's B overall?

If you actually average out your grades (it's pretty easy, imagine A is a 5, B is a 4, C is a 3, etc...) your overall grade for the fights is more like D+ or maybe C-.

Also I dont like to rate the overall event with arithmetic average (adding everything up and dividing by the number of fights)

Its more a subjecting thing to me and the event should be rate by a individual grade.
But obviously, that's just a "in paper" rate.

Agree about a nice main event Uping it to possible an A (8.5 /10)

Weili Zhang vs Yan Xionan C+ : not really into WMMA but this might be ok

Justin Gaetjhe vs Max Holloway B+ : could've found better opponents for both but still a very good fight

Jiri Prochazka vs Aleksander Rakic B+ : see above

Charles Oliveira vs Arman Tsarukyan B+ : looking forward to it

Calvin Kattar vs Aljamain Sterling B : I think Sterling is going to overwhelm him but good fight

Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage B : They should've gave Bo a tougher opponent for 300 but I like any fight he's in

Deiveison Figureido vs Cody Garbrandt B- : gonna be a beatdown

Bobby Green vs Jim Miller B- : I wanna see Jim Miller get a tougher opponent before he's a HOFer

Holly Holm vs Kayla Harrison C+ : good women's fight

Sodiq Yusuff vs Diego Lopes C : okay

Jessica Andrade vs Marina Rodriguez D : not interested

OVERALL GRADE - B

It is just a number. The only difference between ufc 300 and ufc 301 is that one has a 0 at the end and the other has a 1

They should save some of the fights for other cards now
Well I won't try to convince you otherwise.
But from a promotional standpoint you should know that's a special number.

Charles Oliveira vs Arman Tsarukyan B+

Another excellent fight

Then why do you grade it a B+?

Also, you used the word "meh" like 7 times in your post. Are you a 14 year old girl?

Weili Zhang vs Yan Xionan C-

Not much to say about this fight, this is the main card's smoke break. Yes there's a title involved, maybe I should care more, it's just not very interesting and doesn't belong on this card, but we all know why it's there. The website I'm looking at has it as the main event as it stands, I imagine it will not be by the time the final fight is announced... I would hope so anyway.

Justin Gaetjhe vs Max Holloway B+

I like this fight a lot. Would be A+ if it was the invincible Max of a few years ago, but still very interesting. Probably the best fight on the card.

Jiri Prochazka vs Aleksander Rakic C

This fight is kinda meh for me. Yes Jiri is pretty exciting, but Rakic is not. Could turn out to be a banger, but in terms of interest I would say it's kinda average for a top 10 LHW fight.

Charles Oliveira vs Arman Tsarukyan B+

Another excellent fight, winner should get a shot at Islam next. Fresh new matchup with high stakes and two very exciting fighters... considered giving at an A, but considering Islam already has a win over both it does take a little bit off the intrigue.

Calvin Kattar vs Aljamain Sterling C+

I mean, why? Ok, I don't hate it but it doesn't really do it for me. Kattar is kind of a fringe contender, great boxing, not really champ material. Aljo was a champ, but not a very convincing one, looked like shit vs O'Malley. Interesting striker vs grappler matchup I suppose, I'll watch for sure but not all that excited for this one if I'm honest.

Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage D+

Meh, not really interested in Nickal vs anyone outside the top 10 at this point. I know it's meant to be more of a showcase fight to hype him up to the fans some more, but for the fan who follows it pretty closely, Brundage has been submitted, knocked out and decisioned in his last 5 fights, and his competition was pretty weak. Not much intrigue because the fight will almost certainly be a squash match. On the bright side it's most likely gonna be a finish.

Deiveison Figureido vs Cody Garbrandt B

This is a pretty good matchup, necktats kinda fell of a cliff for a while and while I'm not entirely convinced by a two fight win streak vs a couple of jobbers, he's still a live dog that can shut your lights out in a fire fight. What makes this a good fight is that Figureido will certainly oblige, and this one shuld be a lot of fun while it lasts.

Bobby Green vs Jim Miller C

Not gonna hate on Jim Miller, the man put his time in and deserves to be on this card. The fight itself should be competitive and Bobby is rougly around his level so not easy to pick a winner here, at least while they're standing. The fact that both guys should call it quits takes some luster off the fight obviously, but not bad.

Holly Holm vs Kayla Harrison D

Didn't even know Holm was still fighting, nothing against her I'll always be grateful she ended Ronda, but come on... Don't know much about Kayla Harrison at all, I admit I don't follow WMMA much, especially if it's not forcod on me like on a UFC card, but I just quickly checked her record and see she has a recent loss vs that Larissa Pacheco girl who couldn't hack it in the UFC and got cut after just two fights. No disrespect, just no interest whatsoever.

Sodiq Yusuff vs Diego Lopes C

Decent prelim fight, Diego Lopes is pretty aggresive, could turn out to be a better fight than I give it credit for, but neither guy is ranked that high to warrant a higher grade imo.

Jessica Andrade vs Marina Rodriguez C-

Another meh WMMA fight. Andrade has been around forever, and has been losing a lot lately. Rodriguez is 1-2 in her last 3. That said, both girls can be exciting at times and it could be a finish, but not a lot of interest.

OVERALL GRADE - C+

Not hating, just my opinion. A blockbuster main event could easily bump the overall grade to B, I see no way for it to turn into an A card unless a few of these weak matchups are scratched and replaced with more intriguing fights.
mostly pretty close....
I do think Justin vs Max has the potential to be an all time great fight.... Hendo vs Shogun level even... That said we may end up with another Beast vs Ngannou, worst fight ever, stink fest... one never knows...
Nickal (aka Sage Northcut 2.0) vs another skid row special is a F- - -... no hate on Cody but he's 50/50 in the UFC and one of those wins is from a DQ..... pretty shitty when a promotion sets up record padding..
Figureido vs NeckTat... D calling it right now... Two hit fight.... the second hit being Cody colliding with the canvas.
and I think Holly vs Kayla will be competitive and interesting C+

He lost to TWO guys, and he lost to one of those guys THREE times.
Lol, what a moronic take. Max fought Dustin 5years ago and it was a competitive fight going up a weight class.

The first 2 with Volk were extremely close too and Volk is simply a beast.

Max hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. Neither has Gaethje.

Weili vs Yan- B
Max vs Gaethje- A
Prochazka vs Rakic- B+
Sterling vs Kattar- B
Charles vs Arman- A
Bo Nickal fight- C+
Figgy vs Garbrandt- B
Green vs Miller- C
Yusuff vs Lopes- B-
Holm vs Harrison- C
Andrade vs Rodriguez- B

It’s a great card and if they really add a crazy main event like Conor vs Chandler or something like that, it could actually be one of the greatest cards of all time. On par with UFC 217

Back