IMO the UFC is trying to deplatform Khamzat Chimaev

It may be out of Danas hands tbh, above his jurisdiction. But who knows. I originally thought it was a visa issue but that doesnt seem to be the case. All I know is that this is a detrimant to Khamzats career.
No doubt it is a detriment,but as far as what is out of Dana's hands,whoever makes the decisions dont seem to care about other fighter's affiliations with Kadyrov.

Again they still announce all suspensions, but they only do so after the investigation is complete. This is done to not tarnish a fighter till they can prove the tainted supplements or w/e.
Do they? Wasn’t the whole big news a year ago or so is that they no longer have to announce suspensions? Using that very reason you mentioned?
I believe the uproar from fans was that if they wanted they do the suspected and conceal a failed test for someone.

but again not my theory, just quoting another sherbro.

Do they? Wasn’t the whole big news a year ago or so is that they no longer have to announce suspensions? Using that very reason you mentioned?
I believe the uproar from fans was that if they wanted they do the suspected and conceal a failed test for someone.

but again not my theory, just quoting another sherbro.
That big news a year ago never happened. They always announce suspensions. It is on the USADA website of everyone they suspend. UFC isn't the only sport they regulate. There is a period where an investigation happens. They will pull an athlete out of an event but it isn't a suspension. Mistakes can happen and it leads to a failed test. They usually test the sample again or pick up the athlete's supplements. It doesn't take long for an investigation to conclude. Once it is done then they suspend or not. If it's a tainted supplement then the athlete can't compete for a half a year so the supplement washes out of their system. That period is retroactive. I don't know why Sherdoggers keep parroting conspiracy stuff.

Khamzat Is one of their biggest stars without even fighting for the title and his generating more Social media traffic while still inactive. His free fights get bunkers numbers and he becomes a trend easily on SNS everytime he says or does something
Sorry to disapoint you, but Khamzat only generates traffic and is in the talks because of fans (or trolls) like you, who dedicate themselves to hype him and keep him not forgotten. Same goes for many other retired fighters.

No doubt it is a detriment,but as far as what is out of Dana's hands,whoever makes the decisions dont seem to care about other fighter's affiliations with Kadyrov.
Again id say no one seems to be as close to him as Khamzat does. Especially all the pics and videos of them together since the war started. Ankalaev was close as well but its not as explicit as before. Khamzats regularly hanging with him and his sons.

Khamzat Is one of their biggest stars without even fighting for the title and his generating more Social media traffic while still inactive. His free fights get bunkers numbers and he becomes a trend easily on SNS everytime he says or does something
You believe this…

That big news a year ago never happened. They always announce suspensions. It is on the USADA website of everyone they suspend. UFC isn't the only sport they regulate. There is a period where an investigation happens. They will pull an athlete out of an event but it isn't a suspension. Mistakes can happen and it leads to a failed test. They usually test the sample again or pick up the athlete's supplements. It doesn't take long for an investigation to conclude. Once it is done then they suspend or not. If it's a tainted supplement then the athlete can't compete for a half a year so the supplement washes out of their system. That period is retroactive. I don't know why Sherdoggers keep parroting conspiracy stuff.

I agree.. According to USADA they can only make publications after investigations

Last edited:
I don't know. There is an obvious conflict in what each party is saying.

It's ok go say you don't know instead of assume it's a multitude of easily dismissed probabilities

Exactly including some of the actions like the WW removing and stuff like that seemed a bit to aggressive.. You just can't say to someone to move up that missed weight once in his lifetime especially against someone who was next for the title

Ufc just doesnt want to pay to make fights happen.. and they dont want him doing ppvs either

Every opponent top 5 doesnt want a khamzat fight except uzmen and belal

UFC wants khamzat to be 185 now were theres like no contenders because adesanya has noone to fight so they got no problem stalling khamzats career

For thier own benefit

I’m just waiting for that other guy to post how Khamzat will never fight again.
Khamzat is retired, so are Conor and Jones. By the way, until proven wrong, until the next card actually happens, EVERYONE IS RETIRED !!!! HAAAAA!!!!!!

This is my opinion and how I see things but I could be wrong.

I think the UFC has made the decision to not allow Chimaev to ever fight in the UFC sometime late last year but they didn't want to release him immediately either because he is a major star hence they opted to freeze him out and deplatform him and hang onto him as long as possible in order to try to diminish his star-power as much as possible before an inevitable free agency which is coming up late this year around september-October he could be eligible as free-agent he was barred from fighting.

The reason for that could be political issues and perhaps tied to the Russo-Ukraine conflict all tho Chimaev is just an entertainer and non-political sportsman invididual I am surprised that this boycot wave is being targetted with the biggest star of the UFC currently on the roster and the only fighter who has the potential of reaching 30-40 million followers with just few fights like Khabib or Conor..

I don't think Dana has anything to do with it but I believe it's coming from the higher ups.

I also believe that they offered him fights without offering it to his opponents at all. Example the Colby, Whittaker, and other fighters they were never presented to them these Chimaev bouts that he has signed and told about where he agreed to take the fights verbally and some signed. Their take or his take were never false but he is going thru a deplatformation.

He was in training camp twice this year training for what he believed to be a fight but he was never gonna get a fight as the UFC has decided to deplatform him behind the scenes but I don't think it was communicated to him otherwise he would seek ways to negotiate with others. The UFC has a dilemma they don't want to gift their biggest star to PFL or some other organistations that would benefit massively from a Chimaev signing.

The UFC never does this to a hot superstar making waves unless there is something behind the scenes and Dana said he has some personal issues and this is what he was hinting at in my opinion because he doesn't want to give away anything.

1. First they removed him from the WW division where he was next in line for a shot? With one missed weigh? In a gimme-fight he shouldn't even have taken part of in the first place.
2. in the MW division he was suppose to fight Costa in a title eliminator bout but the title elimintor was moved to DDP-Whittaker
3. His opponent was given to Aliskerov who will likely beat him burying a potential Chimaev-Costa bout in the future.

The UFC won't freeze one of their biggest stars and try to deplatform him which is unprecedented even removing him from title-shots.

He is suppose to fight in October or that is what the rumours are saying but instead they will make a Mackhaev vs winner of Dariush-Charles or someone else vs Mackhaev and they will put few other big names on that card which is around the same time where Chimaev will automatically become a free agent. Chimaev will become a free-agent around October he will not be fighting as the UFC won't be changing their mind or remove the deplatformation block on him.

I believe he will sign with PFL with a massive contract where he will become the posterboy of PFL who will also buy Bellator.. It would be a massive signing for PFL much bigger then Ngnannou.

I think he will be a free-agent and they expect to lose him and they won't say anything until he is free-agent on the why's and how's.. Again I don't think this has anything to do with Dana but higher-ups I assume this is outside of his controll.
You made up a verb and promoting it, admit it TS.

Why would there be any political issues????

They have other Russian and Ukranian fighters they are offering fights to.
Some dude brought that up the other day here and I am also skeptical, but indeed being Kadyrov's poster boy may have rubbed UFC's top management the wrong way.

But then, what about all the Caucasian fighters with Akhmat ties?

Reactions: HHJ
Back