IN DEPTH Review: Black Lucky Gi & FightPlanet.ca Service Review * PICS *

Ehem...

- Black + White Belt = Fashion crime

- Lucky Gi = Target at tournaments (No one goes easy on a Lucky Gi owner)

Wich brings us to.... *drumroll*

- Black Lucky Gi + White Belt = Getting run over in tournaments while looking tacky

i never knew that someone will hurt you because you are wearing a lucky gi.

i never knew that someone will hurt you because you are wearing a lucky gi.

Just what I heard, as some people think it is over the top. Like the guy who always rocks the new Jordans (back in the day) but can't hit a layup :icon_chee

^Can I politely gouge out the eyes of those zealous judokas looking to kill me? That's like getting beat up for wearing a Yawara gi.:rolleyes:

That is a damn nice gi for a white belt! And please watch one of the thousand youtube videos on how to tie a belt. Dont worry, even Fozzy posted a review with a half ass knot.

I just received my white lucky!!!

i'm 5'7" 150 lbs and ordered the A2. I've been looking for something lightweight for summers here (the temp gets to triple digits out here).

even with those rips id still drop the 265 to get my hands on a black lucky....i own a white a2 and love it...

and to the clowns that are gunnin for me at tournys for wearin a lucky...bring it!! :)

I can't believe how fast that thing was torn. Two practices?

$265 is way too much for a gi like that.

Just a quick update. The black lucky gi has held up "ok". The little holes that i took pictures of, got larger. The material itself feels like cardboard after i wash it in the machine and hang dry.

But when i wash my atama and hang dry, it still feels soft.

Also OTM SHOP DID NOT REPLACE MY PANTS. Scott / Scotty or whoever that was arranging for my pants to be replaced ended up sending me some otmshop brand Gi (OTM Midevil Kimono Blue)... in size a2/a3 or something. I mean, all I wanted was for the pants to be replaced and he sent me this subpar gi as some sort of replacement??? That thing is just sitting in my closet molding...

It's been so long now that I've even tried to buy new pants from Fight Planet, but unfortunately they won't sell just the pants...

IF YOU GET A LUCKY GI STICK WITH THE WHITE ONE.

That's good to know... I mean the whole stick to the white gi thing, I sent Fightplanet 2 emails regarding the Koral MKM gi and the Lucky gi in white with no answer still. I've bought stuff from them in the past with no problems other than Canada Post..*pricks* Sorry to see your still having problems with the black gi.

i got the white one back in march and roll in it at least twice a week and absolutely love the cut and design of it... it is EXTREMELY stiff after hang drying but i roll it up and worjk the fabric a little before i put it on and it softens a little

Ehem...

- Black + White Belt = Fashion crime

- Lucky Gi = Target at tournaments (No one goes easy on a Lucky Gi owner)

Wich brings us to.... *drumroll*

- Black Lucky Gi + White Belt = Getting run over in tournaments while looking tacky

:icon_chee

Don't take it personal, just my opinion.

Oh and for the other guy who asked about Judo??? Wearing that thing in Judo will get you many friendly ippons :icon_twis

Its like you said what we're all thinking.

Just a quick update. The black lucky gi has held up "ok". The little holes that i took pictures of, got larger. The material itself feels like cardboard after i wash it in the machine and hang dry.

But when i wash my atama and hang dry, it still feels soft.

Also OTM SHOP DID NOT REPLACE MY PANTS. Scott / Scotty or whoever that was arranging for my pants to be replaced ended up sending me some otmshop brand Gi (OTM Midevil Kimono Blue)... in size a2/a3 or something. I mean, all I wanted was for the pants to be replaced and he sent me this subpar gi as some sort of replacement??? That thing is just sitting in my closet molding...

It's been so long now that I've even tried to buy new pants from Fight Planet, but unfortunately they won't sell just the pants...

IF YOU GET A LUCKY GI STICK WITH THE WHITE ONE.

wow that sucks...but if ur lookin to sell that midevil gi id gladly take it off ur hands..:)

I picked up one of these black lucky gis through a european distributor the other day, and on the second use (!!!), the whole ass of the gi tore out. Like totally, massive gaping cavernous hole tore out. So I got it stitched up, frankenstein style. And now the same fraying rip that was reported by the original reviewer has just happened (after...maybe 8 uses?). It's probably going to end up costing me more to keep repairing it than it did to buy the damn thing. But is there anyone out there I can take this up with and hopefully get some kind of compensation? It's clearly from a bad batch, because that kinda stuff just isn't normal, so if anyone can help out, it would be appreciated.

Shame, because it IS a beautiful Gi to wear. Just hope I don't have to buy a different pair of pants to make it wearable.

And I want a black one for the next batch! Boo to Lovato White Lucky Gis. @_@

Take care,

Stalks

Thanks for the info man...

I do not think that i would spend that much on a gi...mainly because i am in school so i am so broke that it is not funny...

but thanks for posting an honest review about this product!

The look is very... "Vegas". For lack of a better term.

I was looking into getting one of these, but I guess not now with all the defects that seem to be reported......that come along with that brutal price tag.

Back