In their primes: Khabib vs Hughes

Amazing you take the weakest aspect of Khabib's game, and die on that hill with words like

"Ridiculous" when defending your position.. He's not a good striker man.. That's common knowledge. He was running backwards from Dustin waiting for any chance to get it down..

We’re comparing him to Matt Hughes, who was a way, way worse striker.

It’s hard to understand what your point is

We’re comparing him to Matt Hughes, who was a way, way worse striker.

It’s hard to understand what your point is

I require some context.. I have given you plenty.. You not so much. But you keep arrogantly beating your chest..

And can't show me anything of merit to show me I am wrong.. Just keep saying that

"Khabib is better because reasons"

Which is exactly what you are doing. I stand my opinion, you keep posting the same GIF's like they actually mean something.

<{vega}>

Bingo!!!

And 2 of those 6 losses were against a young full on prime version of GSP..

You just confused me with another poster..

You agreed with a guy that was wrong and at least he admitted it. Hughes lost his third UFC fight and he got finished.

I think the striking is about even.. As shown in this thread.. Although Matt has better striking highlights such as they are.. Not saying much for either. Grappling Hughes lets look at the numbers shall we?

In his career he submitted 14 fighters, KO or TKO'd 21 and got 10 decisions.. That includes submitting a young GSP.. Yeah GSP.. He also TKO'd BJ pinning him with a crucifix position. BJ is a fairly good grappler man.. BJJ World Champ..

LMAO you really don't want to look at the numbers though bro, and sorry man but 'striking highlights?' you're funny bro I'll give you that.

You know as well as I do that BJ would have beaten Hughes again if he didn't half-ass his cardio. BJ is a better fighter than Hughes as is GSP.

Which is exactly what you are doing. I stand my opinion, you keep posting the same GIF's like they actually mean something.

<{vega}>

You agreed with a guy that was wrong and at least he admitted it. Hughes lost his third UFC fight and he got finished.

LMAO you really don't want to look at the numbers though bro, and sorry man but 'striking highlights?' you're funny bro I'll give you that.

You know as well as I do that BJ would have beaten Hughes again if he didn't half-ass his cardio. BJ is a better fighter than Hughes as is GSP.

BJ was a lazy ass shit... On this we agree.. A waste of talent..

BJ was a lazy ass shit... On this we agree.. A waste of talent..

In his prime, if he had made the effort with his cardio he would have beaten everyone IMO even GSP but he let himself down too often.

He was too talented for his own good and it hurt him in the long run.

In his prime, if he had made the effort with his cardio he would have beaten everyone IMO even GSP but he let himself down too often.

He was too talented for his own good and it hurt him in the long run.

I don't agree that he beats GSP

But

UFC Primetime don't know if you saw it..

BJ was chilling on a beach with his boys for 4 or 5 days while GSP was hitting the pavement in Montreal at 5AM every morning running in the snow.. Dana was trying to call BJ to yell at him, and BJ was dodging the calls LOL..

I don't agree that he beats GSP

But

UFC Primetime don't know if you saw it..

BJ was chilling on a beach with his boys for 4 or 5 days while GSP was hitting the pavement in Montreal at 5AM every morning running in the snow.. Dana was trying to call BJ to yell at him, and BJ was dodging the calls LOL..

Haha, yeah I remember that. BJ was definitely ducking Dana BJ had too many buddies around him he looked amazing those times he trained with Marinovich.

Haha, yeah I remember that. BJ was definitely ducking Dana BJ had too many buddies around him he looked amazing those times he trained with Marinovich.

Yeah then he ditched them because God Forbid they asked him to diet and exercise...

Yeah then he ditched them because God Forbid they asked him to diet and exercise...

I remember him complaining about being too tired from training when he was with them.

Such a shame man when you think about it, dude was ridiculously talented but was just lazy.

I remember him complaining about being too tired from training when he was with them.

Such a shame man when you think about it, dude was ridiculously talented but was just lazy.
Yeah that was at LW post the GSP loss.. He made a good choice to really kick into gear.. He Blew out Kenny and Diego.. Then ditched Marv and Marv's brother, went back to his old ways.. And lost to Edgar.. His own worst enemy..

I require some context.. I have given you plenty.. You not so much. But you keep arrogantly beating your chest..

There’s not really much to be said if you believe Matt Hughes was a better striker than Khabib because he knocked someone out.

As I mentioned, it’s akin to Ryo China’s being a better grappler than Maia because he caught Anderson in a flying scissor heel hook.

Isolated observations are completely illogical when the contradict the rest of the information

There’s not really much to be said if you believe Matt Hughes was a better striker than Khabib because he knocked someone out.

As I mentioned, it’s akin to Ryo China’s being a better grappler than Maia because he caught Anderson in a flying scissor heel hook.

Isolated observations are completely illogical when the contradict the rest of the information

The information as readily available, and has been presented is as follows..

Hughes was a dominant grappler who was a mediocre striker at best..
Khabib is a dominant grappler who is a mediocre striker at best..

Both are/were great at that they do.. But they play to the strengths.. Get that TD and smash your opponent.. If we went back to Hughes prime as WW Champ.. And Khabib was doing what he's doing right now at LW, and Khabib was jumping up to fight Hughes at WW.. The betting odds would be very close.. It would be a tough fight pick..

Being a better striker than Khabib means fuck all. Conor, Dustin, Michael Johnson, RDA, Barboza were all better strikers than Khabib. And they were certainly far better strikers than Matt frickin Hughes. Khabib would make him look like an amateur.

Lol none of those fighters would stand a chance against a prime hughes. None of those fighters have wrestling like hughes.

Khabib had a hard time taking down glieson or iquinta

I clearly specified the retarded part... The retarded group also have issues with reading and comprehension

People had a good idea you were a silly mutt when you said Hughes would beat Khabib, but you’ve really managed to put it beyond doubt
You still haven't given a motivation as to why my opinion is so retarded. You think this hiding behind high school references (retard hur durr) strategy is working?

People can see though this shit. Hit me with some "knowledge" c'mon

Being a better striker than Khabib means fuck all. Conor, Dustin, Michael Johnson, RDA, Barboza were all better strikers than Khabib. And they were certainly far better strikers than Matt frickin Hughes. Khabib would make him look like an amateur.

Having great wrestling/grappling, being a beast that dominated with those same skills at WW for years means something.. Matt Hughes was 41-4 at one point, and he had won essentially 10 title fights over 2 reigns as champion. Khabib has won 3 title fights..

Hughes in his prime against Khabib in his prime is a fascinating match up, with Khabib going up to fight Matt.. What you likely have is 2 guys not able to get the TD.. So what's left is a very sloppy, frankly ugly striking match..

Lol none of those fighters would stand a chance against a prime hughes. None of those fighters have wrestling like hughes.

Khabib had a hard time taking down glieson or iquinta
The only 2 fights people hang their hat on is a juiced up Tibau 8 frickin years ago (when’re we gonna get past this stupid fight) and Al Iaquinta on short notice (a fight in which Khabib actually took Al down at almost at will, just couldn’t put him away).

Khabib couldn't keep Al down and Hughes is a much bigger and far superior wrestler who was also no slouch at BJJ, he subbed a young GSP.
There is literally only 2 fights people point to with Khabib, juiced up Tibau 8 yrs ago, and Al Iaquinta on short notice (where Khabib decides to play it safe and coast on his jab for his first title win). Prime Khabib with a full camp preparing for Hughes would take and KEEP Matt Hughes down. Then he would stop him.

There is literally only 2 fights people point to with Khabib, juiced up Tibau 8 yrs ago, and Al Iaquinta on short notice (where Khabib decides to play it safe and coast on his jab for his first title win). Prime Khabib with a full camp preparing for Hughes would take and KEEP Matt Hughes down. Then he would stop him.
Khabib you seem to be under the impression that he has prime level GSP wrestling in that cage. Not even close. He’s not even half that level of athlete. Hughes matches up so well with this guy it’s ridiculous. Khabib Is cutting all that weight for a reason. Look at the welterweight division. He doesn’t want to fight those wrestlers.

Back