Economy Inflation is coming to the U.S. and the World

I am not a economist so I don't have a lot of analysis to provide on this subject. The question presented for discussion is how bad is inflation going to get?

Its definitely happening.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/19/how...your-pocket-and-what-you-can-do-about-it.html

You’re not imagining it. Things don’t merely seem more expensive these days — consumer prices are actually accelerating at their fastest pace in 13 years. This higher inflation doesn’t just affect the price you pay at the register. It can also have an impact on your major purchases, investments, and more. And for communities of color and the income-constrained, that impact may be magnified due to higher levels of debt and structural unemployment, both of which may make the experience of inflation more challenging. Here’s how inflation may affect you and what you can do about it.

According to financial expert and CEO of Torch Enterprises, Dr. Pamela Jolly, while the impacts of inflation may be felt across all income levels, “People who are either income constrained or have inconsistent income streams will feel the most impact.”

Though the overall Consumer Price Index rose by 5% year-on-year in its latest reading, not all consumer goods accelerated at the same pace. The greatest price increases were concentrated in energy, commodities, and transportation (gasoline, for example, rose 56% over the past year, while used cars and trucks were up nearly 30%). That means, that at least in some cases, savvy consumers can take certain steps to minimize the impact of inflation on their pocketbooks.

Its happening in England to

Rising inflation could cut average household incomes by £700, study suggests
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/rising-inflation-could-cut-average-230100349.html

Inflation is on course to increase above 4% in the coming months, reducing average household incomes by £700, research suggests.

The Resolution Foundation said higher than expected inflation poses more of a challenge to household incomes than to the Bank of England.

The think tank said UK inflation has mirrored trends in the United States, when the rate is increasing.

It added that near-term inflationary pressures in the UK are less stark than the US.

The Foundation’s analysis showed that while the UK is unlikely to experience the same inflation peaks seen in the US, if commodity prices remain at their current levels, CPI inflation could rise above 4% later this year, more than double the rate of inflation forecast by the Bank of England for the third quarter.

James Smith, research director at the Resolution Foundation, said: “With the US experiencing the fastest rise in inflation in nearly half a century, and the UK also experiencing sharp increases, many people are getting increasingly worried about a possible price spiral.

“While UK inflationary pressures are nothing like as stark as the US, we could still see inflation breaching 4% this summer, a figure well in excess of the OBR and Bank’s expectations.

Dems have been calling this for 4 years after Trump with the support of Paul
Ryan, passed a $1 Trillion tax break for Corp America and the wealthiest Americans. Then to double down on stupid economics, he passed a $1 trillion spending package. He did all of this during one of the hottest economies in decades. This was all predicted. You don’t cut taxes and increase spending during a hot economy.

This is the second GOP administration to totally fuck over middle America with their horrible economic policies where the Dems have to come in and clean everything up. Don’t expect the GOP to acknowledge this. They will once again, like they did in 2009, blame it on the incoming administration.

Prepare to have mind blown:

In 1985 a hamburger at McDonald's cost 77 cents. 77 cents.

Today it is $2.49.

This is the devastating power of inflation.
You could get cheeseburgers for $0.99 well into the late 90’s. Sure it was a promo, but still, I haven’t seen one in a very long time.

That’s all cool but question is: so what do sherbros need to do to make it through the inflationary period better ?

That’s all cool but question is: so what do sherbros need to do to make it through the inflationary period better ?

Tight labor markets mean it's a great time to beef up that resume and see what opportunities are out there.

Sucks to be an in-house recruiter doe

Tight labor markets mean it's a great time to beef up that resume and see what opportunities are out there.

Sucks to be an in-house recruiter doe
Thanks and investments wise what to put funds in to appreciate the benefits of inflation? Is holding cash even a good option in inflation?

I figured it would be tough finding people within budgets constraints?
It’s getting rough, that’s for sure. You wouldn’t believe the compensation packages I’ve been working with on my teams. Cost of labor is up 20% in just 3 years and it goes even FARTHER at the top 10% of the band. Apple and FB are paying insane INSANE salaries.

Just took the head integration architect from Apple and was competing from Facebook; salary was about 60% more than what we would have given him last year.

You are right though, I’m waiting to see what my salary raise will be this year along with my equity refresher, but I may test the market. I could probably get a 40% bump tbh.

It’s getting rough, that’s for sure. You wouldn’t believe the compensation packages I’ve been working with on my teams. Cost of labor is up 20% in just 3 years and it goes even FARTHER at the top 10% of the band. Apple and FB are paying insane INSANE salaries.

Just took the head integration architect from Apple and was competing from Facebook; salary was about 60% more than what we would have given him last year.

You are right though, I’m waiting to see what my salary raise will be this year along with my equity refresher, but I may test the market. I could probably get a 40% bump tbh.

I was originally going to try and get a job as an orderly while in school but the accounting industry is also lit to so I'm just going to do contract work until it goes away. It's 1099 but literally double my last salary.

The Lord works in mysterious ways lol

I was originally going to try and get a job as an orderly while in school but the accounting industry is also lit to so I'm just going to do contract work until it goes away. It's 1099 but literally double my last salary.

The Lord works in mysterious ways lol
That’s amazing. You shouldn’t discount some data visualization skills and light coding. Pairing accounting with data analytics is a really hot need right now.

Imagine living in a reality where the billionaire class increasing their wealth by 54% during a pandemic has no negative economic consequences but some average Joe's getting an extra few hundred dollars a month during a pandemic foretells economic ruin.

Nice troll job but trillions are being spent on "some average Joes".

It’ll ride out just fine

some bumps along the way but things will smooth out as the market forces come back to normal and give and fake balances out over time

Back