Law Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Signed into law 11/15/21

This is another conversation for a broader thread, but one of my main beefs with the Republicans today is that they are philosophically against government in many ways, and it seems like more and more of them are in congress to make certain it doesn't work so that that they can say "see, it doesn't work"...

Anyways, another thread.

There’s obstructionism but I think there’s also fundamental disagreements that another social programs or expansion of one isn’t necessarily progress. Some places, there isn’t really room for compromise and Biden/ Schumer decided to carve out what didn’t divide much in terms of ideology to get this through.

Bi partisan legislation in the age of "fuck the other"...that old bastard Joe did it...and got it done insanely quick if you think about it.

Every president in the past several decades has wanted to do infrastructure. Biden is getting shit done, next level for a corpse.
He fumbles a lot but it isn't surprising, he's been a lifelong politician. Also discredits notions about politicians that the average person says. Less AOC's and Trump's, we need more people who know how to actually take action.

Now the wait on the BBBA bill. I just hope they raise the SALT deduction to a certain extent. Even doubling it for married filed jointly would be better then nothing.

I just got a two dollar an hour raise. Now that won't be worth a shit.

Are the "shovel ready jobs" actually real this time? Or, does most of this money just pour into Democratic Party cronies' coffers?

Hello Inflation! Goodbye standard of living.

Are the "shovel ready jobs" actually real this time? Or, does most of this money just pour into Democratic Party cronies' coffers?

Hello Inflation! Goodbye standard of living.

No because this is another self-serving perversion of the English language by leftists. You just don't have a bunch of work out there that is just waiting around for government funding to kick into gear. No one is going to spend the resources to get things ready unless they know they have the funding and approvals at every level in place before they start. All of this money is going to pass through bureaucrats and approved outside organizations who will take a significant cut to "administrate" things. They will pick and choose the work that they think will benefit them, either because they know a guy, or because an interested Congressman knows a guy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-no-such-thing-as-shovel-ready-projects/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back