Interesting Point re: Periera/Hill

Big John confirmed that the fight probably should've paused however he also added that Poatan (as the receiver of the nutshot) has the right to dictate when the fight should resume.

It was actually a great strategical move... But also a risky one as we too often see injured fighters resuming too soon then losing the fight. This was the first time I've seen it used to the injured fighter's advantage

For how great and athletic Hill is you have to remember he's a rookie. He's the first DWCS champ

But him and Alex are actually babies to MMA in the scheme of things

And it wasn't a giant disadvantage. They touched and there was a few seconds before the cornered punch. The golden cardinal rule is protect yourself at all times

I'm just a bit surprised how game, crafty and competitive Alex has been. Truly one of the most fascinating stories

Big John confirmed that the fight probably should've paused however he also added that Poatan (as the receiver of the nutshot) has the right to dictate when the fight should resume.

It was actually a great strategical move... This was the first time I've seen it used to the injured fighter's advantage
Yeah, because he wasn’t actually injured. Isn’t that obvious?

Hill looked like he was countered. I don't feel bad considering he got caught while actively throwing a strike, so it's hard to say he was too thrown off by the pause.

Did not realize he used the momentary pause in the action to close the distance while Jamahal was distracted. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight but still, I get where Hill's griping is coming from now.

Hill probably listened to Rogan's podcast talking about the same subject and gave him the audacity to raise this issue. Hill was able to circle away though. Not like Alex blasting away after he waved Herb off.

The sequence:

- Hill kicks, then steps back, so at the pause in action they're slightly further apart than earlier.
- Poatan waves Herb Dean off.
- Hill thumbs up.
- Touch gloves
- 2nd touch
- 3rd touch
- 4th touch, Poatan immediately steps forward on Hill's foot and feints the right, drawing out Hill's left, which Poatan then slips and clobbers him with the left shovel hook.

No need for a pause in action, lots happened after the kick already.

“Omg they didn’t give me an advantage after I committed a foul”

Hill’s getting annoying as fuck. Gonna go watch Bearjew snap his arm again. Cannot wait for Khalil to KO him this summer to see what he says after that

Did not realize he used the momentary pause in the action to close the distance while Jamahal was distracted. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight but still, I get where Hill's griping is coming from now.

IF looking at your opponent and giving the thumbs up is a distraction maybe time to find new line of work there buddy

This is reaching so hard. It’s just embarrassed Hill/Izzy fans that want a reason as to why their boy got destroyed so easily.

After the fight resumed Hill was able to jump back and resume fighting. They even touched gloves, acknowledging the fight restarted.

Also, remember Pereira is the one who got kicked in the nuts, not Hill. If anything it would’ve thrown him off, not Hill.

Joe and you are both competely wrong. Not only is it a ridiculous point if it was true but it's not.

The distance between Hill was keeping against Alex was the same before and after.

The kick made it APPEAR wider because Hill opened up and went backwards. The reason it's wide now is BECAUSE of that pause and Alex's double hop only brought that same distance back. Alex and Hill even both take a half step back after that hop.

Alex inched closer after the action restarted by moving forward more than Hill was inching backwards as they pawed at each other.

*Edit*
This is the distance they were at right before Hill throws the kick
DA24ikN.gif

At the touch of the hands when they reset, they're probably even further away from each other than that. The problem is Hill is actually the one trying to take advantage by taking the time to circle, but he's being lackadaisical about it, so when Alex immediately steps forward after, Hill is side stepping instead of backing up, so the distance is closed basically because Hill was touching hands before being actually ready.
HLhERat.gif

Last edited:
Back