News Invicta contender Sarah Patterson passes away aged just 36 years old

“36”

200w.gif

Condolences to her family. That’s not a full life.

That's just terrible. One year older than me....

RIP

Tragic. I was assuming it was a fight/gym related injury, but it doesn't say.
My mind jumped to that because when I was training about 11 years ago, a girl at my gym did a Muay Thai tournament and ate a headkick (the kind where your head bounces *hard* upon falling down). She was OK for a few hours, but went to the hospital because she wasn't getting better/"un-dizzy". Her brain swelled, she went into a coma, and died over the weekend. It was awful, and that always comes to mind whenever I hear about a young (ish) fighter dying.
we often dont understand what physical toll fights take on these fighters and how much thier lives get shortened due to fighting.

Sad news...so young...

giphy.gif

Strength and support to her loved ones.

we often dont understand what physical toll fights take on these fighters and how much thier lives get shortened due to fighting.
Aye. There's wear-and-tear of course, which can get pretty bad (look at guys like Big Nog who have had a dozen major hip, knee, shoulder, etc., surgeries), but then there's the brain stuff, and that's the really scary part. Seeing Gary Goodridge these days is sobering. Some people get depressed, some suicidal, some vegetative, some just start losing their personality and go blank. It's all terrifying.

Back