Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
I just started watching it and my only criticism is that it has some audio issues.

Volume discrepancies are wild. Not even just "quiet dialog, loud action". Some dialog is so quiet I have to turn my headphones to max volume, and other dialog is so loud I have to turn them almost all the way down.

The fight between Omni-Man and the guardians of the globe was really good, but in the comic it was a curb stomp.

Last edited:
It was the best Superhero comic.
I hear this often and don't understand it. I'm 70 issues in and while I like it and it's fun, it poorly written. Like, blatantly poorly written. If you plagiarized the dialogue in this comic and took it to a writing group, you'd be a level below being made fun of, everyone would just feel bad for you.

This TV series it's great. It's everything that's cool about the Invincible comic book while improving on all of it's weaknesses.

really digging it so far

I read your post.
I immediately grabbed the first two episodes.
Almost to the end of the first one I was a little interested, but nothing special.
Last ten minutes of the first episode happened.
Whoah.
Second episode was awesome.
Want more.

I hear this often and don't understand it. I'm 70 issues in and while I like it and it's fun, it poorly written. Like, blatantly poorly written. If you plagiarized the dialogue in this comic and took it to a writing group, you'd be a level below being made fun of, everyone would just feel bad for you.

This TV series it's great. It's everything that's cool about the Invincible comic book while improving on all of it's weaknesses.

If you grew up reading superhero comics in the 90s and liked those comics then Invincible is awesome and the best superhero comic.

Just finished the first episode and I loved it.

Even though I've read the comics and know what's going to happen, it was still shocking to see.

Rex Plode's voice was not what I was expecting, but makes me laugh hysterically.

Rex Plode's voice was not what I was expecting, but makes me laugh hysterically.
Same here. It took me a while because I know the actor's voice so well. His name is Jason Mantzoukas from Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place among others.

AgitatedPlumpGuppy-small.gif

The fight between Omni-Man and the guardians of the globe was really good, but in the comic it was a curb stomp.
Yes, I loved the fight in this one than the comics because it was more balanced and the Guardians even managed to severely injure Omni Man.

I don't see how its poorly written. I grew up reading Superman, and as a supes analog its far, far better than any superman story arc I've ever read.

Last edited:

I don't see how its poorly written. I grew up reading Superman, and as a supes analog its far, far better than anyone superman story arc I've ever read.
I like the Invincible comic book but would not label it as the best either. There are some highs and lows. There's a lot of repetitiveness throughout the series though that I eventually found boring.

Notice to new visitors to this thread:

Check out INVINCIBLE. It's setting up to becoming one of the greatest superhero animated series ever. Watch the first episode completely. It is not what it seems. By the end, you'll be hooked and intrigued. Stay away from this thread until you've watched the first episode to avoid spoilers. If you like YOUNG JUSTICE, you will like this.

Invincible-2.jpg

I'm really pleased and hope it does well. I love animated action sequences, and it would be great to continue seeing animated shows with budgets that are aimed at older viewers.

I still enjoy the occasional anime, but it's nice to watch a good cartoon that's not filled with anime tropes.

Last edited:
God dammit.

Steven yu is the lead? Is that glenn from walking dead?
Yes. Steven Yeun, Glenn from The Walking Dead.

It has also has J.K. Simmons, Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Seth Rogen, Mark Hamill, Zazie Beetz (Domino from Deadpool 2), Gillian Jacobs (Community) and Walter Goggins (Justified).

Back