Is Alex Pereira the greatest combat sports athlete of all time?

Do you wrestling a combat sport. I honestly don't. Atleastz definitely not on the same level as kickboxing

Wrestling is definitely a combat sport. Well, multiple combat sports.

Beyond that it is described as one and fits the common definition of combat sports it's also a vital part of MMA, which alone should say enough.

Bro, I understand your point. I'm just hear to appreciate Pereira's accomplishments and put things into perspective. Maybe my title is a bit abrupt for some people's tastes.

It's a legitimate question. Who else has reached the pinnacle of kickboxing and MMA?

I didn't say you didn't understand the point, I said you didn't address it.

This post is much better.

He is lucky in that it's mostly strikers to fight there.

Luck is also a skill. It's not his fault the UFC is giving him these fighters. His grappling isn't shit either. He has very good defense on his back.

When you look at accolades there's a real argument that he is, how many other people have won world titles in two weight divisions in two sports?

I think I'd still say Cejudo is more accomplished but it's close

Neither. I am unsure how it even came down to these two.

Can't say he's the greatest but definitely deserves to be in the conversation.

Gets inducted into the hall of fame for one sport and becomes a 2 division champ in in another ... all in the same week. Any way you slice it , that's a fucking achievement.
That's fucking crazy

Travis Browne > Gabriel Gonzaga > Shawn Jordan > Jared Kannonier > Sean Strickland > Israel Adesanya > Alex Perreira

Travis Browne is the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.

I guess Cejudo showed more diversity.
It's pretty tough.
Holy Holm needs to be highlighted too.

Back