Is anyone else getting Klitschko- Fury vibes from Saunders-Canelo?

great interview by bellew. Loved him as a fighter but hated his persona. I definitely like him now though, no bullshit and honest as a pundit.
He runs on emotion got to love him. Did you see him on that SAS show? Even they were nervous of him lol

People forget at the time, Vlad was seen as industructible, unbeatable, a step above the other heavyweights, in the same way Canelo does compared to the majority of his competition at 160 and 168. He was also a huge favourite over fury in the same way that Canelo was over BJS

Yes odds are pretty much exactly the same of BJS winning as Fury's odds were that fateful day, about 1/6 or a dice roll. Interesting you called how people forget this, then most of the people in this thread came up with reasons why it wasn't true, ie to some extent they forgot.

He runs on emotion got to love him. Did you see him on that SAS show? Even they were nervous of him lol

it didn’t see it they’d be right to be wary. As tough as they are they could s could be slept very quickly
I’ve always liked him really outside if the ring. he’s a decent & intelligent dude. What I didn’t like was his lack of self control and emotion before some fights. Loved him as a fighter though, whether I was supporting him or not. He came to fight and was always fun to watch. His fight with makubu summed him up perfectly; a vulnerable bully

People forget at the time, Vlad was seen as industructible, unbeatable, a step above the other heavyweights, in the same way Canelo does compared to the majority of his competition at 160 and 168. He was also a huge favourite over fury in the same way that Canelo was over BJS but i think the worlds in for a shock. I think BJS will actually control Canelo in a similar way to how Fury did against Klitschko. The reasons I believe this are:

1) Mind games. The whole Ringgate was an obvious ploy to wind Canelos team up and don't be surprised if BJS team do something similar on Fight day. Similar to how Fury was inside Klitschkos head, i believe that BJS has actually got Canelo thinking slightly emotional with Canelo himself admitting its a little more personal. An emotional Canelo fighting in a more traditional "Mexican way" is what the BJS team want rather than the pressuring yet defensive counter striker style he has developed.

2) Style. Canelo has struggles against slick southpaws in the past and BJS maybe the slickest he's faced. He has also significantly improved his conditioning and looks to be in the best shape of his career. His fight against David Lemieux is an indication of his true potential and I feel that we'll see an even better version in this fight, since BJS, like Tyson fury , is the sort of fighter who may look average against lesser opponents, but really rises to the occasion. Admittedly, Canelos speed may give him some issues, but BJS can probably match it and utilise his reach more effectively than Canelos past opponents.

Canelo can win and there is a path to victory but to be honest, I see BJS beating him from pillar to post and we'll have a new unified 168lb world champ. Then again, Im british so I maybe bias.

What do you think Sherbros?
Won't matter, BJS is NOT winning any decision against Canelo and he sure as fuck won't be able to KO him. I've got money on Canelo winning a decision and I'm British, so I'm biased.

That wasn't a good look. A world level professional boxer but he couldn't handle being hit by non-boxers and had a mini-meltdown? He showed his demons there.

Back