Is Beterbiev a good style to emulate ?

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
.....or is it too attributes based (i.e. power and strength)?
I recently adapted to a more forward pressure compact style with lots of body work and Beterbiev's system really resonates with me.
I will never have a fraction of his power yet at the same time I feel like EVERYTHING he does is technically sound.

So does that make sense or do I sound like one of those noobs trying peek a boo to look like Mike Tyson?

Do what's comfortable and effective.

Knockout artist use technique also. Nothing wrong with emulating them.

Beterbiev has great fundamentals but he's also well aware of his power and chin. As such, he fights in a way that maximizes those traits and is why he spends so much time cutting off the ring and thumping people.

Beterbiev might be the PFP #1 fighter in the world but never had the opportunity to fight Bivol, Canelo, Benavidez, Ward, GGG, etc. I'd favor any version of Beter to beat all of those fighters.

if it works for you, why not?

people like to dismiss beterbiev as just a puncher, but he's clearly very skilled at what he does. take a look at the smith fight, for example. on the surface, it may look like just a shootout, but in reality, beterbiev did some impressively slick stuff there.

if it works for you, why not?

people like to dismiss beterbiev as just a puncher, but he's clearly very skilled at what he does. take a look at the smith fight, for example. on the surface, it may look like just a shootout, but in reality, beterbiev did some impressively slick stuff there.
Yeah, how Beter typically fights and what he’s capable of haven’t always coincided. I don’t think got touched clean whole Smith fight, he reminded us he’s a pretty skilled technician and doesn’t always have to win shootouts, he can actually BOX and has power from everywhere. May be hard to replicate the man but plenty more ripples than meets the eye to study and learn from if you want to watch a specific fighter.

Beterbiev is abnormally strong and heavy handed. Similar to a George foreman. He doesn't put in a lot to his punches but they do a ton of damage. For most people to throw power punches you have to commit to your punches a lot more. But if you are very tough and a cardio machine you can make a variation of his style effective for you

Beterbiev has great fundamentals but he's also well aware of his power and chin. As such, he fights in a way that maximizes those traits and is why he spends so much time cutting off the ring and thumping people.

Beterbiev might be the PFP #1 fighter in the world but never had the opportunity to fight Bivol, Canelo, Benavidez, Ward, GGG, etc. I'd favor any version of Beter to beat all of those fighters.
he has been dropped multiple times his chin isn't all that great. plus other then Benavidez none of those other Boxers are legit LHWs even Bivol could fight at 168.

Ofcourse it is. Ya’ll of your mind being nitpicky like that.
He was still halfway through high school when he beat Kovalev who was nearing 20. And Kovalev had monstrous power, he killed a dude in the ring.

he fucking edged out Michael Hunter in the ammies too.
He probably would have turned pro as a CW if he didnt face Usyk back then too.

its not like ts is gonna be an exact replica of the guy, but to breakdown and mimick his style and then trialNerror it to mold his own. Absolutely he Artur is a good pick.

he has been dropped multiple times his chin isn't all that great. plus other then Benavidez none of those other Boxers are legit LHWs even Bivol could fight at 168.

the shot that Johnson dropped him with would’ve knocked out 90% of the division. He got up, shook himself off and beat him in to a stoppage shortly after. His chin is solid

He’d squash GGG, Canelo and Benavidez

I think Bivol gives him problems, Im on the fence about Ward though

Why does he stay in his category if he's so strong ? I mean unlike Canelo, GGG and Ward ?

Also the LHW category isn't usually particularly disputed.

He was also a HW during his amateur career.

Why does he stay in his category if he's so strong ? I mean unlike Canelo, GGG and Ward ?

Also the LHW category isn't usually particularly disputed.

He was also a HW during his amateur career.

Beter doesn't look like a huge LHW. Looks like a great weight for him imo

He’d squash GGG, Canelo and Benavidez

I think Bivol gives him problems, Im on the fence about Ward though

Ward lost Kovalev 1 and although he dug deep for the rematch Beterbiev is far more balanced than Kovy and has better fundamentals. Beterbiev has been KD and had that horrific forehead cut (weird btw). Cant see him losing to Ward over low blows or anything. Ward is arguably GOAT at 168 (although RJJ and Toney probably beat him...and Canelo would be interesting) but he was not as effective at 175 imo

Reactions: Ruv
Back