Is Chili's the most popular restaurant in America?

I guess that makes more sense, I dont think we have those around here

Very common in the middle of the country. I actually thought the chain was much larger than the 600 or so stores they actually have.

At one point, I lived in a area that had Cody's, Texas, and a Lone Star within the same area. Talk about saturation.

We had several direct competitors, Lone Star, Longhorn, Cheddars, etc. They failed while TRH excelled from an inferior location imo.

Texas Roadhouse is the only restaurant in my area that is always packed to the gills every day of the week, not just weekends.

Same. It used to be the Darden trio of Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn, that dominated the dinner segment in my market. For the last decade or more it's been TRH and everyone else.

The amount of locations they have beats Applebees & TGI Friday's.
There's no Applebees in Hawaii.
I've seen a Chili's restaurant even in the most rural parts of America.

Do they win the most popular restaurant award?
It's over 80 miles to the one nearest to me. There is a Applebees, Olive Garden, Texas Road House, Grizzly's etc but no Chili's.

Waffle House is truly the greatest expression of the American spirit.
iu

It's been years and they might have gone out of business but... Red Lobster
There's still a few around Northern California. My buddy and I used to get lunch there before watching the fights on Saturdays.

There's still a few around Northern California. My buddy and I used to get lunch there before watching the fights on Saturdays.

There's one here in Pittsburg next to the movie theater and the Chilis that screwed me over

There's one here in Pittsburg next to the movie theater and the Chilis that screwed me over
Yeah I've seen them all over the East Bay, the one we used to go to is in Fremont.

The amount of locations they have beats Applebees & TGI Friday's.
There's no Applebees in Hawaii.
I've seen a Chili's restaurant even in the most rural parts of America.

Do they win the most popular restaurant award?
It's funny because all three are terrible.

Doesn’t seem that popular in 2020’s.

I feel like things like Texas Roadhouse, Paneras and Chiplote etc had more popularity in the last decade. Chilis and Applebees types seemed more late 90’s earlier 2000’s to me anyways. Not sure if current popularity (growing) and accessibility (number of franchises) are always the same thing.

I seen a thing where they said prior generations (millennials, gen x, boomers) preferred Italian and Chinese food overall. Zoomers it’s Mexican food it might explain why Taco Bell seems more popular than ever along with places like Chiplote (and real Mexican places being widely available).

Texas Roadhouse is the only restaurant in my area that is always packed to the gills every day of the week, not just weekends.

Do they put crack in the steaks?

I fuckin love that place.
I get the prime rib or the 20oz bone in Ribeye.

Good shit.

Should’ve gone out of business a while back

Denny’s already closed a bunch of spots nearby, wouldn’t be surprised to see more of these canchises hit bankruptcy

I fuckin love that place.
I get the prime rib or the 20oz bone in Ribeye.

Good shit.
The one reason I don’t have Texas Roadhouse as a go to spot is the fact that I’m unwilling to wait. Roadhouse also happens to be located in an area where the poor folk think it’s a fancy restaurant to them. I’m not battling some chicken head for a spot on the reservation list when I can spend a little more and go to a better steakhouse In a nicer area.

I been to Chilli's a few times. I actually dated a waitress from there. She mentioned the food isn't really made. It mostly came prepackaged. I stopped going there after we broke up.
Yeah heard ribs come there pre cooked they just re heat an serve.

The typical huge mall restaurants.

Red Lobster - maybe most over priced seafood ever. It's long John's qaulity but sold at premium prices as folksxjust can't wait to throw money at it. I avoid this place after kids out grew it on principles.

Olive Garden - it's not great Italian food. But is reasonable priced . The qaulity may be trash but you get alot of it an it usually tastes decent. Much better option than Red Lobster is choosing.

Chilis- Total trash other thsn the apps. The appetizers are solid especially the SW egg rolls other thsn that it sucks.

Applebee's- worse thsn Chili's

Fridays - the old JD sauce pulled pork was solid. I view it as a slightly better Chili's.

Cracker Barrell - used to be a solid breakfast now it become worse than Dennys an even IHOP.
Outback - don't get me started here. NEVER HAD A CORRECTLY COOKED STEAK. Been at least 20 times with kids . Still never once have had my steak done right. Either raw or wasaaay over cooked. They do not know how to make a medium steak. Avoid at all costs.

Longhorn - for what it is IMO it's best of the Mall restaurants steak joints. I'm glad as it's typically the shortest line of the 3.

Texas Roadhouse - best bread here when they cook the steak right itsxprobably best qaulity of 3 but is rarely done right.

Carrabas- like a Olive Garden without the things that make Olive Garden appealing - salad, breadsticks, unlimited soup.

Maggianos - one of if not my favorite Mall restaurant- it's Olive Garden only better in every way. Compares actually not so bad to real Itslian restaurants .

Pepes- utterly average Mexican restaurant in everyday. Nothing terrible but nothing good either.

Cheesecake Factory - this is only place to challenge Maggianos for 1 spot for me. I know the complaints an I haven't been in years but al ost always liked when I went. Cheesecake was good , portions are crazy big so you got leftovers for lunch , and usually doesn't taste bad .

Last edited:
puzzling to me, i've been to america a bunch of times and i don't remember even SEEING this brand, nevermind eating there.

I went to one in Taiwan and saw two waitresses with trays crash into each other around a blind corner, was mayhem

The one reason I don’t have Texas Roadhouse as a go to spot is the fact that I’m unwilling to wait. Roadhouse also happens to be located in an area where the poor folk think it’s a fancy restaurant to them. I’m not battling some chicken head for a spot on the reservation list when I can spend a little more and go to a better steakhouse In a nicer area.

I call in a reservation that helps a lot tbh.
The only thing I don't like about that place is the music lol.

I call in a reservation that helps a lot tbh.

Call ahead seating. None of the ones I've been to take actual reservations, and that's because those seats are going to be full anyway. So that excludes them for us for B-Day parties and the like where we have a group of 15-20 or more.

The only time I will go to a chain is if I am in a state where chains are the only options. The food is ultra processed garbage. But Chilis does have great Happy Hour deals and REALLY cold drafts. I have noticed the chains locally do not have the waits and crowds they used to. Fridays used to have 1-2 hour waits. Those days are over, too much competition.

Back