Is Germaine de Randamie going to be the champion again?

I know WMMA is short on talent but she shouldnt be allowed to fight for a title ever again. She dropped her belt because she was legit scared of someone. Its the only time I cant ever remember in MMA when someone was confirmed to be scared. Cant be a fighter and be scared.
It wont matter if UFC sees money in the fight. There's no one for her to duck anyway.

The thing is too is what she said about not wanting to fight a roided freak is fine enough...I get that...but then dont go to the division CREATED for Cyborg, and then act like its all gonna be ok if you dont defend against Cyborg. Talk about not reading the room AT ALL.

She became champion having a full time job as a police officer. She took vacations from her job to fight in the UFC.
I dont hate her, but the Cyborg situation was ridiculous. Of course she was gonna get shit on for that.

Like Ronda Rousey was sayin Ill fight Cyborg but only at 135, which is fine.

Imagine if Rousey went back up to 145, won the belt and STILL didnt fight her??

Man I almost wished that happened just to see how it would destroy the forum hahahah

Even at 40 and coming off a 3-year layoff, I think she still beats Pennington. That tells you how atrocious WBW is. I actually agree with Ryan Clark--shut this division down.

Even at 40 and coming off a 3-year layoff, I think she still beats Pennington. That tells you how atrocious WBW is. I actually agree with Ryan Clark--shut this division down.
They def shouldnt shut it down. If GDR can still go, Id enjoy to see her fight and lets see how the Harrison fight goes down.

Fans think that divisions should be shut down because of a dry spell, is insane. Calm down.

Was the second kick illegal though?

To be grounded, the palm of one hand must be down.

When Holly's second kick landed, GDR's left hand was very clearly off the mat and, if anything at all, only some fingers on her right hand might have have been touching the floor. The kick looks legal to me.
It was intended to be. This wasn't a situation like a front head lock where you have some control over lifting your opponent. Any legality to it is because GDR was getting up from being downed, and it was still inches away.

The point isn't whether it landed legally, it's that it's  definitely dirty, in a fight everyone shits on GDR for being dirty. You'll notice I didn't ever say GDR's actions weren't illegal, just how egregious they were or weren't. It's hypocritical to give GDR no benefit of the doubt, but Holly full benefit of the doubt.

And yet Cyborg did not fight the winner.

GDR's principles 1 - Cyborg 0

That feels like a win to you? She got humiliated and was mma's whipping girl for years. This is what she was saying before the Holly fight:

"Cris got the offer to fight Holly, Cris got the offer to fight me, and she wasn’t able to. If you’re a champion, you fight against everybody. Holly and I are going to fight, and one of us will decide who is the next No. 1. If one of us has to defend the title against Cris ‘Cyborg,’ it will be Cris ‘Cyborg’ who we defend the title against."

This wasnt about principles, this was about her getting cold feet.

If you're a champion you fight against everybody

Her own words

Last edited:
GDR didn't fairly beat Holm. She cheated repetedly and should have been disqualified. Then she gave up the belt to avoid Cyborg. She's a cheat and a coward.

She's not a coward.

She didn't want to fight a roid cheat at a weight that she wasn't suited for at all. Not to mention, Cyborg had already had 2 fights in the UFC and both of them were against BWs they paid to fatten up and fight her. These girls were so unsuited for the division that both of the fights had to be catchweight lol.

And the only reason GDR ever became FW champ was because Cyborg was fucking around and deciding not to fight for it, even after they made that division for her. Said she needed like 8 months to recover from weight cuts or some shit to fight Holly. It was 4 months between her last fight and when GDR and Holly fought for the FW belt. No way Cyborg needed that long to "prepare" unless she was doing something dodgy. GDR and Holly took the title fight because it was a free shot at a belt.

If she decides too. Who is stopping her at 145. Or even 135.

She's not a coward.

She didn't want to fight a roid cheat at a weight that she wasn't suited for at all.

"Cris got the offer to fight Holly, Cris got the offer to fight me, and she wasn’t able to. If you’re a champion, you fight against everybody. Holly and I are going to fight, and one of us will decide who is the next No. 1. If one of us has to defend the title against Cris ‘Cyborg,’ it will be Cris ‘Cyborg’ who we defend the title against."

She got cold feet. She was pretending she was willing to fight Cyborg when they gave her the title shot.

She got cold feet. She was pretending she was willing to fight Cyborg when they gave her the title shot.

And yet Cyborg was the one not wanting to fight for no reason at all. She was more than happy to fight a fattened up making her UFC debut from Invicta for the vacant belt though lol.

And don't forget, Cyborg needed a TUE exemption for drugs she was taking to recover from weight cuts. All this time she needed + drugs is dodgy as hell. No wonder GDR didn't want to fight her.

She could be champ again imo, she's so dang old now though (39), that's the only kicker.

Back