Is Grappling becoming unpopular?

most of the comments against grappling are strikers who can't stop a takedown.

And while all examples you mentioned were from Connor, what you call "disrespect" I actually call it respect.
Fighters actually fear grapplers so much, they feel the urge to taunt them NOT to use it (so they have a chance).

This is as old as when the Gracies beat fighters with BJJ, and people did not know how to defend. They called it homo and attempted to shame BJJ fighters for fighting on the ground.
Or Wrestlers, with the whole Lay'n'Pray or just "hugging me against the cage" for 5 minutes...

that's as old as MMA exists IMHO.

IMHO those fighters need to embrace and learn, so they are not easily beaten by those he deems inferior "if they only didn't have wrestling"...

Listen man, my favorite fighter of all time is Karo Parisyan!

He had the best grappling ever and was super exciting. I am with you and I am not shitting on grappling.

No. He’s just pro entertainment.

There’s a reason why he was always publicly critical of GSP in spite of him being his Canadian cash cow.

That was one area in which he was clearly a fan before a business man otherwise, he would have kissed his ass.

He defended GSP every time until the talk of GSP walking away started swirling and then the controversy of the Hendricks fight. he defended GSP after Hardy, after Koscheck and after Shields which was the worst timeline in GSP's career among fan resentment.

"It doesn't matter where the fight goes, as long as it's still a FUCKING fight. Stop stalling!"--Just Bleed Bible

The fighters who cry about grappling usually have mediocre grappling, and their striking isn't good enough to compete at the highest level of striking sports like boxing.
Bcuz if you don't like grappling, don't get into MMA.

Lately I have been hearing the whole " whoever shoots first is a bitch" or " lets keep it standing" and of course Conor mentioning that he doesn't count submission losses as real losses. Nate and the other dude talked about keeping it standing.

I am curios to know if grappling an art form that is no longer respected?

I mean regardless how you feel, Conor is still a high profile MMA fighter and him disparaging grappling arts is a big disrespect to the art itself. It seems like striking is far more well respected.

Nate went for takedowns in the second Conor fight. He just whines about it when he's facing a better grappler than he is. Same with Masvidal. He took Nate down in their fight.

Back