Is Ilia Topuria The Best Prospect In MMA?

Not close to being sold he’s a future champ, exciting fighter though,
Many tough matchups ahead.

I would say thats a very fair assesment
Paddy is not ranked material, let alone contender, unlike Topuria.

Just because they aren't rank material or a contender doesn't mean they are relatively untalented though. There's guys that aren't top ten or will never win a belt and they ain't talentless.

He is definitely one of them.

I will always be a fan of him after he knocked out stupid Ryan Hall.

Who said fook is that guy? I read name and title and thought it’s a wmma fighter

Normally when young fighters are signed to big promotions they lose their perfect record or begin going to decision with opponents due to the vast step up in competition.

Not Ilia Topuria, who entered the UFC as an 8-0 relatively unheralded grappler, but is now a 12-0 burgeoning knockout artist.Topuria has KOd his past 3 opponents with punches which is a feat rarely seen in the smaller weight classes. Even Francis Ngannou does not have three consecutive KO victories.

He has wisely picked a feud with the incredibly hyped, though relatively untalented Paddy Pimblett, setting himself up for a big fight down line. How high is this kids ceiling?
You consider him a prospect? There have been UFC champ with less wins than him. Weidman and Cain come to mind.

Bro the three guys fighting on tomorrows card are better prospects than him, Shavkat, umar and arman

Sad to see Gamrot getting no mention from anybody.
I hope he delivers today.

"IF" he can continue to make 145. That weight cut will get way harder the older he gets. He's only 25 and he's had a few issues already. Doesn't look promising. I think he's too small for LW, so i hope he can continue as a FW
He will make weight

@Rapa

There are guys like Arnold Allen, Max Holloway, Calvin Kattar, Mosvar Evloev, Giga, who are longer and can keep him on the outside, they are also more technical in their striking. He will have issues with these guys and I don't imagine his wrestling will do much. And then you still have guys like Burgos, Emmet, Ige who fight more like him, but are also hard match ups.

I think once he starts fighting the top 10-15 he wont do so well. He's already has challenges with lower tier opponents.
You are wrong

You are wrong

Well, i can’t really be wrong because it’s a guess. It hasn’t happened yet.

i guess we’ll have to wait and see!

I'm thinking this Kamaru Usman guy may be my brightest prospect. He has had a great start to his career earning a UFC belt and defending multiple times -- not sure if he's ready for elite talent yet, but seems to be pretty well rounded and may have a bright future.

Just because they aren't rank material or a contender doesn't mean they are relatively untalented though. There's guys that aren't top ten or will never win a belt and they ain't talentless.

Obviously he isnt absolutely talentless, is a UFC fighter, but when the guy said "relatively" I guess he meant "relative" to Topuria, who is contender/champ material

Back